Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 20-02-2016, 12:24   #2701
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

While getting quotes for Car Insurance i needed my drivers licence details, couldn't find the damn thing anywhere at first, eventually found it in the car glove box after ripping the house apart searching for it! The last thing i wanted to do was pay £20 for a replacement.

Another moan is Aviva are forcing me to phone them up to cancel my automatic yearly renewal as they won't let me click a button online to do it!
Old 20-02-2016, 14:08   #2702
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

That's common, after all it could be someone doing it by accident online or maliciously. Calling up, whilst a PITA, adds protection as nobody can do anything maliciously.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2016, 14:45   #2703
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Just read on FB that the tablet Esomeprazole can give you Dementia , This is really a worry as I have to take one a day, Did anyone else this this story,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2016, 15:05   #2704
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
Just read on FB that the tablet Esomeprazole can give you Dementia , This is really a worry as I have to take one a day, Did anyone else this this story,
http://www.nhs.uk/news/2016/02Februa...onclusive.aspx
Quote:
"Indigestion pills taken by millions 'could raise the risk of dementia by 50%'," reports the Daily Mail.

This headline is about a class of prescription drugs known as proton pump inhibitors (PPIs), such as omeprazole. PPIs are widely used to treat heartburn (acid reflux), as well as stomach ulcers. They work by lowering acid production in the stomach.

The Mail's headline sounds scary, but is no cause for alarm. The research behind the story provides no strong reason to stop taking PPIs as prescribed.

The study looked at the risk of being diagnosed with dementia within a seven-year window in German adults aged over 75. About 3,000 were taking prescription PPIs and 70,000 were not.

Those taking PPIs had a 44% higher risk of developing dementia compared with those not taking them – but it's not accurate to say this was because of PPIs. The study couldn't prove this, and there are many other plausible explanations.

For a start, the two groups weren't very similar. Those taking PPIs had poorer health, and were more likely to be taking a greater number of medicines and have conditions linked to a higher risk of dementia.

A study where the characteristics of the two groups are more closely matched would be a useful next step.

It is not recommended that you suddenly stop taking PPIs, if you have been prescribed them, without first consulting your GP. Doing so could make your symptoms return suddenly...

...Conclusion

This study found people taking PPIs had a 44% higher risk of developing dementia in a seven-year period compared with those not taking the drugs. However, it's not accurate to say this was down to the PPIs – the study couldn't prove this, and there are many possible explanations.

For a start, the groups weren't very similar. Those taking PPIs had poorer health, and were more likely to be taking a number of medicines and have conditions linked to a higher risk of dementia, such as diabetes and heart disease.

After taking these factors into account in the analysis, the link between PPIs and dementia reduced from 66% to 44%.

It's possible this adjustment wasn't complete (residual confounding), or that many other factors not measured in this study could further explain the remaining risk increase (bias).

A study where the characteristics of the two groups are more closely matched would be a positive next step for this research area.

The study also focused solely on PPIs, which are mainly prescribed for the protection and management of stomach ulcers. It does not apply to indigestion treatments like over-the-counter antacid treatments you might take for heartburn or indigestion, which work in a different way by neutralising excess stomach acid.

These limitations mean you should not stop taking prescribed PPIs. The link with dementia is uncertain, and is likely to be outweighed by the benefit of protecting the stomach against ulceration, bleeding and irritation.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2016, 15:19   #2705
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

Over the years I have taken many lethal medications, still here to tell the tale.
Rat poison (Warfarin) which I had after major heart surgery 30yrs ago, I know it kills rodents but in a regulated dose I thins the blood!
Those PPIs (Omeprazole) I take for stomach problems.
I would weigh up, possible have a chat with your doc, the chances of you taking something which could shorten/impare your life.
As quoted above by Hugh, weigh up the choices of not taking a particular medication and what your lifestyle would be like!
Hope you get things sorted out, more so in your mind.
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2016, 17:35   #2706
nashville
nashville

nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Feel better after reading the full story, Will have a word with my Doctor when I see him in a few weeks, Thanks Esomeprazole is something I need to take for the build up of acid,
Old 20-02-2016, 17:53   #2707
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
Yes l take them as well but after reading the full piece l don't really have much concern about continuing to take them.
Old 20-02-2016, 20:12   #2708
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Off to drown my sorrows

http://news.sky.com/story/1645226/ky...o-british-star
Old 21-02-2016, 13:16   #2709
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Shredded my left thumbnail off on monday with a countersink on a hand drill, not much nail bed left, 4 stiches and a cartoon bandage on right thumb.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2016, 13:47   #2710
nashville
nashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
Shredded my left thumbnail off on monday with a countersink on a hand drill, not much nail bed left, 4 stiches and a cartoon bandage on right thumb.
That must have been painful , hope it gets better soon,
Old 22-02-2016, 08:00   #2711
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Van drivers that sit far to close. This morning a driver decided to do that to myself and being on country roads it is not a good idea with deer, badgers etc that can appear at any moment. I tried everything for them to back off. 1st with a gentle touch of the brakes for the briefest of moments to finally for the last few miles of my journey before I hit the town in where I live sitting at 15-20 mile per hour to which he was not amused at all may I say, as the flashing lights gave that away then the main beam went on and stayed on for the last few miles of my journey. I usually pull in and let drivers who are in a hurry or works vehicles past but this guy just annoyed me so much with his choice of driving I decided to make the last leg of my journey a slow and steady one where I never had the chance to go above 20 mph I don't think they were amused at all as I received a very nice toot of the horn and the famous two finger salute when I turned into my estate along with the continuous use of his main bean for the last few miles of my journey. I'm not really a nasty person but I do hope I made him late for where ever he was in such a rush to be Good day to you to sir I thought as I casually went in my home and had my morning cuppa.
Old 22-02-2016, 08:11   #2712
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

People like him deserve to have their licences taken away from them. I hope he was late for wherever he had to be.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2016, 08:15   #2713
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

That's exactly what my hubby said when I phoned him Mark among other wording that I could not possibly write on a public forum.
Old 22-02-2016, 08:26   #2714
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Sadly there are as many bad drivers out there as there are good drivers.
Old 22-02-2016, 12:07   #2715
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

I thought ALL OTHER drivers are bad or just not as good as self.

(Actually not a bad attitude to have in part, assume the other drivers are fools who are about to do something silly and adjust your driving so you can avoid their silliness. It may not be that silly, they could see something you can't for example.)