Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 17-09-2015, 21:57   #2941
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Well I never really use apps and mostly play games and none of the games I play a lot are on that list so I am going to opt in.

Most of those issues will be fixed before long I am sure.

My MGS save game started to get corrupted. Was getting 'unable to create save game. Please exit and delete save game'

Thankfully found that if I put in offline mode and hard reset, change the date and load the game it works fine. Hopefully it will still be fine when I try it online again.

---------- Post added at 21:57 ---------- Previous post was at 21:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
You only download everything again if you opt out I think.
The way I read it is that you can opt in, download the new update and if you don't get on with it you can then opt out and your console will revert back to the old software, but it has to do a full factory restore to do so.
Old 18-09-2015, 17:08   #2942
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

why are any of you in the insider preview in the first place if none of you like bugs? :/

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2015, 17:25   #2943
Acathla
cf.mega poster

Acathla has reached the bronze age
Acathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
why are any of you in the insider preview in the first place if none of you like bugs? :/
there are bugs and there are BUGS
Acathla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2015, 19:34   #2944
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acathla View Post
I agree you never get bugs this compromising in normal previews.

---------- Post added at 19:34 ---------- Previous post was at 19:23 ----------

The New Dashboard experience will start rolling out later today to the selected few.

---------- Post added at 19:34 ---------- Previous post was at 19:34 ----------

http://www.neowin.net/news/new-xbox-...review-members
Old 18-09-2015, 20:38   #2945
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acathla View Post
... that's exactly what I was going to say!

I've never had *any* issues with past Previews, but none have been as major as this. I'm not keen on the idea of how certain games I play "may" fail to load

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
The way I read it is that you can opt in, download the new update and if you don't get on with it you can then opt out and your console will revert back to the old software, but it has to do a full factory restore to do so.
... but you will go back to the latest *public* release, and be removed from the entire Preview Programme, not just the New Xbox One Experience Preview.

If you could revert back to the standard Preview, I'd be more likely to try it...
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2015, 22:01   #2946
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezcatlipoca View Post
Snip
You're one of the regulars now, when did that happen, as usual no announcement by CF?
Old 19-09-2015, 00:03   #2947
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I quit the CF Team last night. Been thinking about it for a while, as I've not been very active here as a mod or member for ages, with just the odd post here and there in Gaming and Entertainment. Seeing Rob/MGP leave spurred me to finally do the same, although I should have done it a while back really.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2015, 00:21   #2948
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

It's all that news posting on BXB isn't it? It's slowly sucking your life away.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2015, 00:42   #2949
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

So we lost 2 Mods in a few weeks then, they will be asking for signups soon. Lol

---------- Post added at 00:42 ---------- Previous post was at 00:32 ----------

I hope we still have the ability to change the DNS settings on the new dash!
Old 21-09-2015, 15:30   #2950
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
So we lost 2 Mods in a few weeks then, they will be asking for signups soon. Lol

---------- Post added at 00:42 ---------- Previous post was at 00:32 ----------

I hope we still have the ability to change the DNS settings on the new dash!
Yes you can still do this.
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2015, 15:33   #2951
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Dee 11 View Post
Yes you can still do this.
Are you on it? It is unlikely they will send it to me anytime soon!
Old 21-09-2015, 16:12   #2952
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Has anyone got it yet? I've not put my console on in a few days so don't know if I have yet.
Old 21-09-2015, 16:43   #2953
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Not me, i don't think many have been sent it yet, my registration still says Pending.
Old 23-09-2015, 00:11   #2954
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

I think it says pending until you actually get the dashboard.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2015, 18:32   #2955
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Battlefield Hardline heading to EA Access next month, glad i didn't buy it and held off, still wish it had split screen though!!!!