Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 16:02   #1591
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Unlike the original part there is no "ORB" plastered on the front
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2013, 16:03   #1592
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Unlike the original part there is no "ORB" plastered on the front
That is good.
Old 08-12-2013, 14:49   #1593
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

My TV picture started freezing again through the Xbox today, however i managed to fix it by doing a hard reboot by holding down the power button on the Xbox for 10 seconds, i wonder how long this will be before it goes tits up again!
Old 08-12-2013, 20:00   #1594
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

I've yet to have an issue with anything but I'm solely using it as a console and not faffing around with the gimmicks. Works well and looks nice. Not really used much though but that's down to lack of titles rather than disinterest.
Old 09-12-2013, 14:50   #1595
Wad_2002
Inactive

Services: Tivo & BB
Wad_2002 is on a distinguished roadWad_2002 is on a distinguished road

Currently trying to find stock for xbox one so I can get one now .

Does anyone know if GAME are still foing the game upgrades for a tenner?

Thanks
Wad_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 15:00   #1596
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wad_2002 View Post

Thanks
Tried ASDA? my local had stock at the weekend.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 15:06   #1597
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

So whats the online multiplayer gameplay like, in particular on Call of Duty Ghosts. how bad does the lag get compared to the 360.
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 15:10   #1598
Wad_2002
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
Tried ASDA? my local had stock at the weekend.
yeah all out now.

Stock informer are doing real time updates. Literally mintues you have and websticks go to out of stock.

I have BF4 and Fifa 14 for the 360 and I can recall stores doing next gen game upgrades for £10 but not sure if they are doing them anymore.

Cheers
Old 10-12-2013, 00:06   #1599
Harryn9000
cf.geek

Services: Virgin 500MB BB , VM V6 x2, XL tv, Xl Phone Superhub 3
Harryn9000 is an unknown quantity at this point

u more likely gonna get one after xmas, that my plan anyway the stores will have regular stock by then

---------- Post added 10-12-2013 at 00:06 ---------- Previous post was 09-12-2013 at 23:43 ----------

Quote:

Thanks
they are but the catch is u have to bought the games from game itself
Harryn9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:28   #1600
Wad_2002
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryn9000 View Post
u more likely gonna get one after xmas, that my plan anyway the stores will have regular stock by then

---------- Post added 10-12-2013 at 00:06 ---------- Previous post was 09-12-2013 at 23:43 ----------

they are but the catch is u have to bought the games from game itself
sorted. got one reserved for today from Argos. Thanks to the stock informer website.

hmmm....got the games from tescos.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:32   #1601
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
sorted. got one reserved for today from Argos. Thanks to the stock informer website.

hmmm....got the games from tescos.
Well done.
Old 10-12-2013, 22:41   #1602
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

There is going to be an Xbox One update early tomorrow morning.

Have a read for the important install info.

Quote:
A. If you are using the Xbox One “Instant On” (the low power state that allows you to instantly power up your console by saying “Xbox On”), your console automatically checks for updates when it you turn it off. Once we make the update available (on Tuesday, December 10th, 5:00 PM PT) this means the following will happen:

Your console will automatically download the update after you turn it off. Once the update has been downloaded in the background, your console will power completely down. Please note: You will need to manually power your console back on after the update has been downloaded. Because the update will power your console completely down, the “Xbox On” voice command won’t be available until after the update is fully installed.
When you turn the console on you’ll see the update being applied. After that, your Xbox One will reboot. You’ll know the update is installing when you see the Xbox logo on the green background (like at the top of this post.) This can take anywhere from 2-5 minutes. Once the update has finished installing, you’ll boot to the Home screen and you’re all set.
Don’t worry, if you are out of town for the holidays, you console also does regular checks for updates and will download it in the background even if you have not used you Xbox One in a couple of days.
http://majornelson.com/2013/12/10/xb...system-update/
Old 11-12-2013, 08:43   #1603
tizmeinnit

keyboard and mouse support for gaming plus loads of other controllers http://cronusmax.com/
Old 11-12-2013, 09:41   #1604
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Still haven't got the update here, the latest version number is 6.2.10217.0.

Quote:
Addresses SmartGlass issues for some users when coming in and out of connected standby
Addresses multiplayer issues for some users when re-joining games
Addresses issues with inconsistent notifications for some users
Addresses dashboard quality experiences for some users
Improvements to Xbox One’s TV, system update, and content update services for scaling over time
Updated wireless networking driver to improve connectivity issues for some users
http://support.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-o...erating-system

---------- Post added at 09:41 ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
keyboard and mouse support for gaming plus loads of other controllers http://cronusmax.com/
Interesting thanks, it may come in useful.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:49   #1605
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Mine has updated. I turned it on and went straight to dsh. Mine is set to instant on
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote