Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Boxing 2012

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Boxing 2012

Old 01-12-2012, 11:43   #181
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
Re: Boxing 2012

very informative, thanks
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2012, 13:04   #182
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Just watched the Flintoff fight. Well don Freddie. Glad he won. Was a good fight. Shame i didnt put the bet on as he was the underdog so it would have been a nice payout
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 13:09   #183
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Just watched the Flintoff fight. Well don Freddie. Glad he won. Was a good fight. Shame i didnt put the bet on as he was the underdog so it would have been a nice payout
While he should be applauded for stepping into the Boxing ring the fact is at the end of the day he fought a nobody and the problem will be if he steps up in class he is likely to find that being on the floor more will not be to his liking.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:50   #184
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Tyson Fury defeats Kevin Johnson in a poor fight in Belfast

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/20553461

Quote:
Tyson Fury moved one step closer to a world title shot after overcoming Kevin Johnson by unanimous decision after a disappointing encounter in Belfast.

Though Fury, 24, walked to the ring singing along to his entrance theme, he was able to produce little of note inside the 12 rounds.

Johnson, 33, agreed to the contest with only three weeks' notice and though obstinate never looked likely to win.
Not that impressive though.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:21   #185
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Tyson Fury defeats Kevin Johnson in a poor fight in Belfast

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/20553461

Not that impressive though.
Indeed like I've said above, I'm not impressed with Price or Fury but after last night's showing I'd back Price in a match between these two.

Problem being one win for Fury makes him the mandatory challenger for a HW title. So an easy squash match sets him up.. Brilliant.
Old 03-12-2012, 16:17   #186
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Pretty disappointed with the boxing this weekend apart from Eubanks Junior. I think he's a quality fighter.

Flintoff won but let's face it there were times where his oponent dodged a lot of the punches being thrown, and Freddie was leaving himself pretty exposed. The Tyson Fury fight was dismal. I think the fact that they are both mates (or at least got on well accoriding to the pre fight build up) might have had something to do with it.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:14   #187
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Remember Pacman fights in about 45 minutes.

Quote:
Manny Pacquiao vs Juan Manuel Marquez (08/12/12)

Long gone are the days of hype over a Pacman/Mayweather showdown. Simply put is Floyd Mayweather would take Manny Pacquiao apart in his current form and I'd go as far as saying Floyd would have beaten him at his prime too. Mayweather is just something else. So then, yet another bout between Marquez and Pacman, the fourth infact. Many claim Pacman controversially won the previous encounter but I don't know and with the judges we've seen over the previous year it's clear this could go anyway.

Winner: Either (Points)
I'm still undecided but I'm gonna go for an explosive Manny KO.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:44   #188
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Indeed my money's definitely on the Pacman.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:54   #189
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Simply sensational, fight of the year, both guys went for it.

What's gone wrong? Manny, Khan etc. Has Freddie Roach dropped the ball somewhere as his fighters have just gone down the drain.

Mayweather to take out Marquez again? Fight number 5?

That cold feeling when Pacman was face down and not moving was horrible.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:36   #190
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Simply sensational, fight of the year, both guys went for it.

What's gone wrong? Manny, Khan etc. Has Freddie Roach dropped the ball somewhere as his fighters have just gone down the drain.

Mayweather to take out Marquez again? Fight number 5?

That cold feeling when Pacman was face down and not moving was horrible.
Yes thats it l think for the Pacman now but it certainly was a great fight.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:05   #191
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes thats it l think for the Pacman now but it certainly was a great fight.
Yep, Manny has to call time now, focus on this political thing and move on, the way his wife rushed to the ring in tears should be enough to put an end to it. Emotional scenes on a remarkable career. He's talking about going back, training and then fighting again. He has nothing to fight for now.

Freddie Roach on the other hand is in a world of trouble, his camp is quickly disappearing before his feet. Everyone's been quick to point finger's at Khan but it's now becoming clear that Roach may have more to do with the decline of two world champions than previously thought.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:00   #192
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

I forgot about this one
Old 09-12-2012, 23:29   #193
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
I forgot about this one
Greatest fight this year.

Ending was one of the coldest moments in boxing though.

Being looking into what David Haye's doing, to me he's getting bigger and bigger as if he's ready to take on Vitali.

Price and Fury fight's being talked about too much, fight won't happen and if it somehow did it won't be brilliant by a long margin. Again a very poor HW division.

Khan vs Molina up next.
Old 10-12-2012, 13:14   #194
thenry
Inactive

I just caught the full replay. wow!
Old 10-12-2012, 14:12   #195
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Chris John eyes Juan Manuel Márquez showdown after Pacquiao knockout.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/dec/10/boxing