Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 30-11-2010, 19:14   #76
Zing

Re: Tivo

irrelevent its still £200 of my money I wont be parting with to view a subscription on a different box. Also with past record of VM and anything that requires software I wouldnt want it till its matured enough and proven efficient or at the least stable

Advertisement
Old 30-11-2010, 19:32   #77
Pster72
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Tivo VIP Package (Including Sky sports and Movies)
Pster72 is a jewel in the roughPster72 is a jewel in the roughPster72 is a jewel in the roughPster72 is a jewel in the roughPster72 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Media Boy's Insider says

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.shearman View Post
Media Boy's Insider says
(Prices for TiVo):

Existing Customers
VIP= Free - Set-up fee £0 - Install fee £0 - Monthly fee
is this true? I am on the VIP50 PACK

waived on XL
XL TV/Triple = Free - Set-up fee £0 - Install fee £0 - Monthly fee waived for 12 months
Existing XL TV= Discounted - Set-up fee £149 - Install fee £40 - Monthly fee £3/pm

New Customers
(coming from competitor) Set-up fee £149 - Install fee £40 - Monthly fee £3/pm
(new intake) Set-up fee £199 - Install fee £40 - Monthly fee £3/pm
Oh please be true for people on the triple xl package as i want one !!!!! lol
Old 30-11-2010, 19:34   #78
ahardie

Services: XL tv/L internet, Tivo(1Tb.), SA V+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooogemaflop View Post
irrelevent its still £200 of my money I wont be parting with to view a subscription on a different box. Also with past record of VM and anything that requires software I wouldnt want it till its matured enough and proven efficient or at the least stable
Hopefully as Tivo are doing the software we will be getting the same system that is already up and running in the US. As for the price it is pretty much the same way other tv platforms work. You pay for the latest hardware and it wont work properly unless you stay subscribed. The difference here is that the box will be serviced for as long as it is in your possession. At the end of the day though we have a choice which is to stay with what we have or pay to get something better.

Old 30-11-2010, 19:45   #79
Zing

a few weeks ago I called Sky out of contract with a fault. I told them I am not paying £60 for a call out and seeing as I have virgin tv I will cancel. 2 days later I got one of the newer HD boxes ( same size as new V+ boxes) with twice the storage for free. Sky the largest TV platform

Old 30-11-2010, 19:52   #80
clummy_
Inactive

Services: Triple XL + mobile
clummy_ is an unknown quantity at this point

WTF are you on about?
Old 30-11-2010, 20:02   #81
Zing

it was in response to ahardies statement "As for the price it is pretty much the same way other tv platforms work"

Chances are a few months down the line VM will have an upgrade promo which would allow lower packages the upgrade for free anyway

Old 30-11-2010, 20:02   #82
ahardie

Quote:
a few weeks ago I called Sky out of contract with a fault. I told them I am not paying £60 for a call out and seeing as I have virgin tv I will cancel. 2 days later I got one of the newer HD boxes ( same size as new V+ boxes) with twice the storage for free. Sky the largest TV platform
You are never going to guarantee that will happen. Sky charge something like £8.99 every month for insurance on their boxes so if they always respond to that threat they would drop the charge as being redundant. They are like every company it might work or they might call your bluff. I have read people saying the threat hasn't worked. Anyway if the choice is between knowing I will get a free call out and having to threaten to leave or email Jeromy Darroch as I seen somebody having to do the other day then there isn't much choice really which is best to have. This is getting seriously offtopic anyway. It's upto everybody to decide personally whether the tivo box is worth that much. For some people not owning the box might be an issue but to me that is illogical as it isn't a lot different to how it works on any platform. The box wont work properly if you stop subscribing.

Old 30-11-2010, 20:05   #83
Zing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahardie View Post
You are never going to guarantee that will happen. Sky charge something like £8.99 every month for insurance on their boxes so if they always respond to that threat they would drop the charge as being redundant. They are like every company it might work or they might call your bluff. I have read people saying the threat hasn't worked. Anyway if the choice is between knowing I will get a free call out and having to threaten to leave or email Jeromy Darroch as I seen somebody having to do the other day then there isn't much choice really which is best to have. This is getting seriously offtopic anyway. It's upto everybody to decide personally whether the tivo box is worth that much.
yeah and I have stated my view that it isnt. At no point have I tried to twist anyones arm and not pay it have I?

Old 30-11-2010, 20:13   #84
ahardie

Quote:
yeah and I have stated my view that it isnt. At no point have I tried to twist anyones arm and not pay it have I?
No but this is a discussion forum where we are both putting a point of view. I am definitely not going to try and persuade anybody it is worth paying that much because to a lot of people it wont be and it is a personal decision. I'm just saying what will influence my decision.

Old 30-11-2010, 23:25   #85
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
But with virgin you don't pay if there is a fault with your service. Unlike Sky.
Old 30-11-2010, 23:43   #86
Zing

I never have anyway

Old 30-11-2010, 23:58   #87
Jameseh

Now the brilliant question of second boxes. Can't see myself upgrading the other V+ for £150 after just paying £50 for it about 2 to 3 month ago.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:14   #88
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

The TiVo does look very good and i would if i recorded lots of HD channels and tv love the bigger hard drive,but my current S/A box has more then enough recording space for my needs i only reocord about 2-3 programmes a week,also the only other thing i would really like is a dynamically uipdating EPG which hopefully might appear on existing boxes,but i see no need to pay maybe £150-200 to upgrade just for that feature.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:07   #89
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society

I'm sure it may sound grumpy but if you dont want to pay that much money then dont stick with what you have
Old 01-12-2010, 10:53   #90
Zing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSAGES View Post
I'm sure it may sound grumpy but if you dont want to pay that much money then dont stick with what you have
There seems to be confusion here? I for one expressed my opinion that the costs to get this box were to high. I made it clear I would not pay. This is a discussion board isnt it? typing ones opinions is how this thing ticks over yes? or are only positive opinions of Virgin Media allowed?

Closed Thread