Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | V Stuff is Live

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

V Stuff is Live

Old 02-09-2009, 16:46   #106
vistar
Inactive

vistar is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: V Stuff is Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldova View Post
Nice offer but incompatible with Linux and FF3 so unable to use it, gutted
Erm it states its not compatible, but infact it actually works in linux using "Wine" i installed the latest wine emulator, and it works no faults infact i found it actually works a little faster lo...

hope this helps some people.
vistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2009, 16:52   #107
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistar View Post
Erm it states its not compatible, but infact it actually works in linux using "Wine" i installed the latest wine emulator, and it works no faults in fact i found it actually works a little faster lo...

hope this helps some people.

I have totally given up with it.

It never backs up properly.

I was sent one lot of photos and now i cannot have any more because it does not update

I tried to manually backup but that failed as well.

V stuff promised so much and failed to supply any of what they offered.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 19:37   #108
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I can't even activate mine...I sign in, it says it was all OK, then up pops a page stating "due to a problem with your account... blah, blah, blah"

CS has reset my password 3 times, checked my account... but it still won't let me in...
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 20:30   #109
vistar
Inactive

vistar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmm, thats strange maybe the luck of the draw lol... i can configure it manually auto and delete current backups etc, its working fast enough for me also... ill reply with feedback once ive ordered prints a few times see how it goes then lol.
vistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:33   #110
caph
cf.geek

caph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to all

Does anyone know if VM are currently working to fix VStuff?

I've just done a clean reinstall of Vista and I thought I'd try it again using the lastest version of the VStuff installer. Same problem though, it backs up so many hundreds of Meg then stops. It still shows that the real time backup is active and that it is uploading but it isn't and the activity log shows several pages of only blank lines.

It's a really great idea and I love the brick level back up of Outlook, I just wish they would release a working copy.

EDIT - I just remembered the trick about deselecting and reselecting your file selection. That's restarted it backing up again. I don't want to have to keep doing that every couple of days though. What's the point in an automatic backup if you have to keep manually checking it to keep the thing working!
caph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:03   #111
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Given that V Stuff doesn't make money directly and was just useful for a 2 page ad in a national newspaper and bragging rights on their webpages I doubt it's a high priority.

One would hope they would try and ensure it works somewhat though rather than just being a pure PR stunt that had to be done because Sky and BT had similar services.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:32   #112
Matt_S
Inactive

Matt_S is an unknown quantity at this point

I was actually about to post on here about how I get my free 100 photo prints. So am I right in thinking it has to be done through this V stuff?!
Matt_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 19:51   #113
xocemp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_S View Post
I was actually about to post on here about how I get my free 100 photo prints. So am I right in thinking it has to be done through this V stuff?!
No Matt.
Download/register for Vstuffed and then follow the instructions in this thread.
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12...selection.html