Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | V Stuff is Live

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

V Stuff is Live

Old 07-04-2009, 22:46   #61
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: V Stuff is Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldova View Post
That would never happen as it is a free service so no costs involved in the same way that the email service is free and provided as part of the service but with no requirement that you actually use them.
Nothing is 'free' especially not from VM. It's paid for somewhere in the subscription charges

I nearly went into one regarding broadband revenue subsidising the unprofitable TV and likely not much better telco but I'll save that for another thread.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2009, 23:03   #62
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadbandings View Post
Nothing is 'free' especially not from VM. It's paid for somewhere in the subscription charges

I nearly went into one regarding broadband revenue subsidising the unprofitable TV and likely not much better telco but I'll save that for another thread.
Its just the way it is classed as a product.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 23:17   #63
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Its just the way it is classed as a product.
I'll sell you my 'free' 10GB for 50p/month, kk?
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 17:47   #64
caph
cf.geek

caph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbandking View Post
Tell me have you proof of ALL these oversubbed UBR's, you have to remember all these members that complain about oversubbed areas are only a small number of VM customers, I don't think you comment is very valid unless you bring facts to the tables.
The facts are available for all to see, I'm surprised that you're not aware of the Virgin Media Support group. If you use a news reader application such as Windows Mail in Vista you can access it by subscribing to "virginmedia.support.broadband.cable". I'd recommend reading through some of it just to put yourself a bit more in the picture. You will find plenty of comments along the lines of (and I quote from a new post the day before yesterday complaining of months of poor speed):-

> I'm sorry to hear you are still experiencing problems with your service.
> This fault is currently with our capacity planning team but no relief date
> has been set for maintenance work yet.

Apologies if this is off topic but I think that it's important to quash any lies along the lines of "there is nothing wrong with the primary product" before people start believing it.
caph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 19:37   #65
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadbandings View Post
I'll sell you my 'free' 10GB for 50p/month, kk?
Nice offer but incompatible with Linux and FF3 so unable to use it, gutted
Old 08-04-2009, 19:49   #66
slowcoach
Inactive

Services: VM Phone 152 Meg.
slowcoach has reached the bronze age
slowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Nice offer but incompatible with Linux and FF3 so unable to use it, gutted
Hey Moldova, you can still avail yourself of the Storage, provided that you can find your way in and then have enough time to wait for it to appear.
My clients would have my guts for garters if I tried to palm them off with such an abysmal web application.
slowcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 19:53   #67
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcoach View Post
Hey Moldova, you can still avail yourself of the Storage, provided that you can find your way in and then have enough time to wait for it to appear.
My clients would have my guts for garters if I tried to palm them off with such an abysmal web application.
Its the Storage program you have to download that's incompatible everything else works and as I said FF3 is unsupported but FF2 actually is supported.
Old 08-04-2009, 21:02   #68
slowcoach
Inactive

Services: VM Phone 152 Meg.
slowcoach has reached the bronze age
slowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze age

I know, but you can still use the storage directly.
slowcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 22:17   #69
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcoach View Post
I know, but you can still use the storage directly.
Its the Back up facility that I cannot use as its for windows O/S only.
Old 08-04-2009, 22:28   #70
zing_deleted

you can back up using your browser
Old 08-04-2009, 22:33   #71
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb View Post
you can back up using your browser
Linux will not let the back up software load so back up not usable not that I am to bothered about it.
Old 08-04-2009, 22:38   #72
zing_deleted

no but if you can use v stuff storage instead and manually backup
Old 08-04-2009, 22:43   #73
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb View Post
no but if you can use v stuff storage instead and manually backup
Had a couple of goes and it keeps downloading the back up software which Linux will not run so gave up, may try tomorrow as only really interested in case someone asks about it on a call, not really bothered for personal use might give the free prints a go though.
Old 08-04-2009, 22:46   #74
zing_deleted

there are 2 different things. V Stuff backup and V stuff storage that allows backing up using what I assume is a java applet. It appears to run on FF3 here. That may well require the software I do not know ill try it on a different machine in a bit
Old 08-04-2009, 22:49   #75
xpod
Inactive

Services: TV,Phone & BB
xpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appeal
xpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Linux will not let the back up software load so back up not usable not that I am to bothered about it.
Linux with FF 3
Screenshot.jpg
xpod is offline   Reply With Quote