Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | V Stuff is Live

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

V Stuff is Live

Old 06-04-2009, 21:35   #31
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age
Re: V Stuff is Live

Your not actually setting up a snapfish account, your registering to access your V Stuff with your Virgin Media (ntl world in your case) login details. Once you have logged into V Stuff, you can migrate your saved photos online to your new snapfish account which is linked to your V Stuff account, thats how you get your free prints...

PHEW... hope that made sense

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2009, 21:35   #32
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbandking View Post
Tell me have you proof of ALL these oversubbed UBR's, you have to remember all these members that complain about oversubbed areas are only a small number of VM customers, I don't think you comment is very valid unless you bring facts to the tables.
While the vast majority are fine there are a number of oversubbed areas still and it's rather hard to prove them all, VM themselves don't have proof of 'ALL' of the oversubscribed uBRs or choose to ignore them - my own for example isn't considered oversubscribed and has no relief date yet my 20M service never performs to maximum at peak times:

Date 06/04/09 21:31:01
Speed Down 12670.98 Kbps ( 12.4 Mbps )

Is actually good - it's usually between 8 and 12.

While there was exaggeration the complaint stands - VM advertise super fast broadband and blow sunshine up our backsides about 'the power of fibre optics' while having areas that have been oversubscribed for several months.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 21:36   #33
weesteev
Cable Guru

weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadbandings View Post
While the vast majority are fine there are a number of oversubbed areas still and it's rather hard to prove them all, VM themselves don't have proof of 'ALL' of the oversubscribed uBRs or choose to ignore them - my own for example isn't considered oversubscribed and has no relief date yet my 20M service never performs to maximum at peak times:

Date 06/04/09 21:31:01
Speed Down 12670.98 Kbps ( 12.4 Mbps )

Is actually good - it's usually between 8 and 12.

While there was exaggeration the complaint stands - VM advertise super fast broadband and blow sunshine up our backsides about 'the power of fibre optics' while having areas that have been oversubscribed for several months.
Please keep this discussion out of this thread, this is for discussing V Stuff. If you have an issue with your speeds then please start a new thread or check other open threads for more info.

Cheers

Old 06-04-2009, 21:39   #34
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesteev View Post
Please keep this discussion out of this thread, this is for discussing V Stuff. If you have an issue with your speeds then please start a new thread or check other open threads for more info.

Cheers
If you have issues with any posts the report button is below and to the left otherwise don't tell me what and where I can and can't post. I was answering a post in this thread from a VM staffer.

Cheers.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 21:52   #35
KenK
Inactive

KenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Been there, done that. Online backup and storage (I'm going to trust the security and privacy of my files to an ISP's sub-contractor??) and yet another photo-printing service. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.
KenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 22:06   #36
The Installer
cf.addict

Services: Telewest Stuff
The Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesteev View Post
lets stop talking about STM as it doesnt really matter here, especially with the auto backup function.
No lets talk about it because it DOES matter.

Just because YOU are on 50meg and aren't subject to STM yet doesn't mean that the majority of VM users are also, infact being as you are a staff member you should know that most of VM's broadband customers are on 2meg, now how many of them are going to be STM'd by using this?
The Installer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 22:11   #37
zing_deleted

I do not think anyone has to worry to much about STM . As a little test ive been uploading some photographs 600 meg in total. Started before 5pm and its still only uploaded 500 meg so I am guessing they cannot handle full upload speed even from a 20 meg user let alone a 50
Old 06-04-2009, 22:13   #38
chickendippers
Inactive

Services: On-cable: TV-L, BB-L, Phone-M. Off-cable: Sky+ HD, Plusnet Unlimited.
chickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to chickendippers

There are lots of online backup services, all affected by STM. How is this any different, or why does it deserve further discussion?
chickendippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 22:15   #39
zing_deleted

What I am saying is its not capable of uploading at enough speed to hit you with STM. I am not saying it is not subject to it or anything like it. I have accounts with various online backup jobbies a lot better than this
Old 06-04-2009, 23:06   #40
slowcoach
Inactive

Services: VM Phone 152 Meg.
slowcoach has reached the bronze age
slowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze age

Another exciting day at VM HQ
slowcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 23:15   #41
weesteev
Cable Guru

Broadbandings, im not just talking to you im talking to everyone. The topic of this thread is V Stuff... not STM, lets keep this on track please everyone. Lets try and not get every thread hijacked by STM as it usually is.

---------- Post added at 23:15 ---------- Previous post was at 23:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Installer View Post
No lets talk about it because it DOES matter.

Just because YOU are on 50meg and aren't subject to STM yet doesn't mean that the majority of VM users are also, infact being as you are a staff member you should know that most of VM's broadband customers are on 2meg, now how many of them are going to be STM'd by using this?
STM doesnt matter to me as my download habbits are outwith STM time limits anyway. Having switched from a 20mb service with STM I still dont see STM at any stage. Why does STM have to come into everything. Surely if you arent happy with it you have choices for other ISP's? If you download THAT much then its worthwhile chnaging yor download habbits, switching to ADSL (depending on where you live) may give you an inferior service (or vice versa). If you also download that much that you are being STM'd that often to even care about talking about, then im glad your excessive usage is being managed so its not affecting my usage when I need the internet. You cant argue that you are being STM'd to the effect where it damages your usage on a daily basis (up to 2 times a day) and then tell me in the same breath its legal usage??

The question then drags back to why are you with Virgin then if your needs are not being me tby your ISP?

Old 07-04-2009, 00:55   #42
zing_deleted

its an upload service which could if capable of working fast enough use up the users upload limit so triggering the STM so some raising of that is valid

You say about why with VM well in my experience they are the best of a bad lot thats the only reason. If there was a competitor that could offer me 10 meg 24 hours a day I would be off like a shot. VM sucky long time unfortunately for me so do the ADSL services
Old 07-04-2009, 06:48   #43
blackthorn
cf.geek

blackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation era

When I started using it last night I must have pressed the backup button by mistake. I dont really need backup as I have it all on disc. i just want to use it as storage. But my problem is, once the back up process has started I cannot see anywhere to cancel it. I can see pause backup but no cancel. Its still going this morning I`m up to 800mb . How do I stop it
blackthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:23   #44
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb View Post
What I am saying is its not capable of uploading at enough speed to hit you with STM. I am not saying it is not subject to it or anything like it. I have accounts with various online backup jobbies a lot better than this
Then its simple use them instead, No one is forcing you to use this.

Please show me the others like this that are free and i can see for myself.

How typical that Virgin try to give us something extra and at no additional cost and all everyone can do is pull it apart. I honestly don't know why they bother.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:56   #45
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Then its simple use them instead, No one is forcing you to use this.

Please show me the others like this that are free and i can see for myself.

How typical that Virgin try to give us something extra and at no additional cost and all everyone can do is pull it apart. I honestly don't know why they bother.
Ooeeeerrrr how unlike you to defend VM. What they should bother doing is getting their network right so then they will be top dog instead

I simply said I run an experiment to test the service and posted my results which were the upload to the service is to slow to cause you to hit STM. I also said snapfish do very good photographs

Live mesh is M$HQ's version which has the same I think online storage but also allows remote access to your PC over the web

Adrive gives a basic service with 50 gig storage free

You can turn yoru googlemail into an online storage drive (rememeber I did this for the clan ages ago?)mines at 7.5 gig and rising

The there is Humyo.com another one with 10 gig