Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | V Stuff is Live

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

V Stuff is Live

Old 06-04-2009, 18:38   #16
Caspar
Inactive

Caspar has reached the bronze age
Caspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze age
Re: V Stuff is Live

Do you have a VM link for this?
Caspar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2009, 18:41   #17
zing_deleted

just google V stuff lol

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...&meta=&aq=f&oq=
Old 06-04-2009, 18:58   #18
Caspar
Inactive

Caspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb View Post
Thanks Zingle

I appreciate the Google reference ...but just thought someone would post a link to the service since you're all talking about it, and some of us aren't as informed of VM services as others ...hence my next question!

ok, I've got the VM V stuff website at:
http://www.virginmedia.com/myvirginm...find-out-more/

and read the FAQ at:
http://www.virginmedia.com/help/vstu...getstarted.php

The first question is what is my virgin media username!?!? I've been with NTL for about 10 years and never once used their online services, email/website, etc.

So how do I find out what my username is?

/shudders to think he'll have to phone India to find this out!??!

---------- Post added at 18:58 ---------- Previous post was at 18:54 ----------

I'm giving the below a go:
https://selfcare.virginmedia.com/pas...ogonaccount.do
Old 06-04-2009, 19:03   #19
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Or just go to http://www.virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia
Old 06-04-2009, 19:05   #20
Caspar
Inactive

Fair do's that was a very easy thing to do. Having never used NTL or VM services after 10 years (prob bad marketing on their behalf! lol), when I did want to finally login (prob very good marketing on their behalf! lol -best reason why Value Added Benefits exist, from a business PoV!)...I managed to retrieve my account details and login <3minutes after want to do so!

Well done VM!
Old 06-04-2009, 19:13   #21
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspar View Post
Fair do's that was a very easy thing to do. Having never used NTL or VM services after 10 years (prob bad marketing on their behalf! lol), when I did want to finally login (prob very good marketing on their behalf! lol -best reason why Value Added Benefits exist, from a business PoV!)...I managed to retrieve my account details and login <3minutes after want to do so!

Well done VM!
Thats one area Virgin wanted to improve on, with the new online system there will be less of aneed to phone for support if its a problem with your value added service/email and in future... billing!

Its all good changes, lets stop talking about STM as it doesnt really matter here, especially with the auto backup function. Why does there always have to be negatives to everything Virgin do? Im pretty impressed with this compared to what other providers give you in the same area. 100 free photo prints per month with 50mb as well, nice touch!

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 19:24   #22
caph
cf.geek

caph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
There is nothing broken with the primary product.
They have ridiculously oversubscribed UBRs in a lot of areas and refuse to do anything about it. So yes, there is a lot wrong with the primary product. Simply stating that there isn't doesn't make it true and only serves to annoy those of us that are on the receiving end.
caph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 19:31   #23
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
you being a loyal VM loving member of staff most likely have that link in your faves me however being a customer who does not use VM services do not think they merit a link in my favs
Old 06-04-2009, 19:50   #24
Caspar
Inactive

would anyone like to have a stab why when on a 10MB connection the my virgin media page syays that I've only 25 free prints remaining? and nope never used the other 25!
Old 06-04-2009, 20:01   #25
zing_deleted

are you on a package?
Old 06-04-2009, 20:08   #26
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by caph View Post
They have ridiculously oversubscribed UBRs in a lot of areas and refuse to do anything about it. So yes, there is a lot wrong with the primary product. Simply stating that there isn't doesn't make it true and only serves to annoy those of us that are on the receiving end.
Tell me have you proof of ALL these oversubbed UBR's, you have to remember all these members that complain about oversubbed areas are only a small number of VM customers, I don't think you comment is very valid unless you bring facts to the tables.
Old 06-04-2009, 20:09   #27
Caspar
Inactive

Quote:
are you on a package?
I've got L broadband, M sized TV (free for the bedroom) and Talk evenign and weekends phone.

---------- Post added at 20:09 ---------- Previous post was at 20:08 ----------

oh, and how do you change the time it backs up? I changed it to 2200 during install, so now it's not backing up!... I thought it was realtime!
Old 06-04-2009, 20:33   #28
sparky621
cf.addict

Services: VM B'band "M 200" TV "Full House" Tel: "Talk More Anytime"
sparky621 is on a distinguished roadsparky621 is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Caspar;34770020]I've got L broadband, M sized TV (free for the bedroom) and Talk evenign and weekends phone.

Look again: Broadband L only gives 25 prints, its XL that gets 50!
sparky621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 20:37   #29
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspar View Post
I've got L broadband, M sized TV (free for the bedroom) and Talk evenign and weekends phone.

---------- Post added at 20:09 ---------- Previous post was at 20:08 ----------

oh, and how do you change the time it backs up? I changed it to 2200 during install, so now it's not backing up!... I thought it was realtime!

2200 is about an hour and half away lol
Old 06-04-2009, 20:53   #30
DrStrange
Inactive

Services: Broadband 50Mb, TV M, Phone L, SH2
DrStrange is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm..Trying to set up V Stuff on my 2Mb connection and it says there is a problem with the details entered. I registered with Snapfish a few years ago using my @ntlworld.com e-mail and now V Stuff wants me to provide a new e-mail address and won't accept my @ntlworld.com email address. I don't really want to go to the bother of setting up another e-mail address just for 5GB of storage, lol. This is a bug?
DrStrange is offline   Reply With Quote