Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Playstation Store UK

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Playstation Store UK

Old 13-03-2008, 16:38   #16
D_Skids
Inactive

D_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant future
Re: The Playstation Store UK

Another Thursday and another crap update.

Cheers for nothing Sony!
D_Skids is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-03-2008, 18:48   #17
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Agreed this has to be one of the worst updates thay have given us. On the plus side there was a firmware update to which is meant to have improved the online gameplay.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2008, 21:46   #18
D_Skids
Inactive

D_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant future

I actually emailed Sony about the crap updates and pointed out the delay of Pain which has been on the US store for over 4 months.

Here is their crap scripted reply.

Dear Darren,

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

I understand from your e-mail that you feel aggrieved with some differences between the UK PlayStation Store and that of other territories. When managing the PS Store, SCEE aims to provide consistent content experiences, globally. In some cases we, in Europe, are first to publish content, however, we do publish some content later than the Japanese, American and Korean Stores. The reasons for this are varied as I am sure you can imagine with each piece of content having to go through procedures ranging from Quality Assurance to legal approvals. In addition, Europe is subject to a far greater degree of language and content localisation (SCEE manages 21 Store fronts in 8 languages and 11 currencies) than in other territories which must be taken into account. We aim to provide our consumers with access to all PS Store content that is appropriate to them, wherever they are in the world as soon as is possible.

I hope that this information is helpful, but if you should have any further queries, then please call the Network Gaming Careline on 08702 422 299 (national rate) where a member of our team will be happy to help you further.

Please quote your Reference Number: 1-DP4WQ
Our operating hours are between 8am – 10pm Monday to Friday, and 10am – 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Yours sincerely,

Martin O'Brien
PlayStation Network Gaming Careline
Sony Computer Entertainment UK
Careline: 08702 42 22 99 (National Rate)
E.Mail: UK_help@uk.playstation.com
Web: http://www.playstation.co.uk/

Please contact them too and complain. Maybe if enough people complain they might even consider doing something about it rather than posting out these **** poor excuses.
Old 13-03-2008, 21:52   #19
shawty
Permanently Banned

shawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Skids View Post
I actually emailed Sony about the crap updates and pointed out the delay of Pain which has been on the US store for over 4 months.

Here is their crap scripted reply.

Dear Darren,

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

I understand from your e-mail that you feel aggrieved with some differences between the UK PlayStation Store and that of other territories. When managing the PS Store, SCEE aims to provide consistent content experiences, globally. In some cases we, in Europe, are first to publish content, however, we do publish some content later than the Japanese, American and Korean Stores. The reasons for this are varied as I am sure you can imagine with each piece of content having to go through procedures ranging from Quality Assurance to legal approvals. In addition, Europe is subject to a far greater degree of language and content localisation (SCEE manages 21 Store fronts in 8 languages and 11 currencies) than in other territories which must be taken into account. We aim to provide our consumers with access to all PS Store content that is appropriate to them, wherever they are in the world as soon as is possible.

I hope that this information is helpful, but if you should have any further queries, then please call the Network Gaming Careline on 08702 422 299 (national rate) where a member of our team will be happy to help you further.

Please quote your Reference Number: 1-DP4WQ
Our operating hours are between 8am – 10pm Monday to Friday, and 10am – 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Yours sincerely,

Martin O'Brien
PlayStation Network Gaming Careline
Sony Computer Entertainment UK
Careline: 08702 42 22 99 (National Rate)
E.Mail: UK_help@uk.playstation.com
Web: http://www.playstation.co.uk/

Please contact them too and complain. Maybe if enough people complain they might even consider doing something about it rather than posting out these **** poor excuses.
How is that a scripted reply? He has answered and give reasons on why we dont get it as fast.

Ive said it before and Ill say it again. Sony are not just not giving us stuff just to pee us off or laugh at us. There is a reason, and some of them are pointed out in the reply given to you.
shawty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2008, 22:01   #20
D_Skids
Inactive

And in the reply I have just sent them I mentioned that they didn't even mention the increased prices we have to pay or satisfactorily explain why it takes over 4 months to translate a simple game.

I deploy software all over Europe to many more countries than Sony do and we translate it in a matter of days or at most weeks, not months!

If you are happy to accept mediocre updates on the PS Store then good luck to you!
Old 13-03-2008, 22:14   #21
shawty
Permanently Banned

shawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
And in the reply I have just sent them I mentioned that they didn't even mention the increased prices we have to pay or satisfactorily explain why it takes over 4 months to translate a simple game.

I deploy software all over Europe to many more countries than Sony do and we translate it in a matter of days or at most weeks, not months!

If you are happy to accept mediocre updates on the PS Store then good luck to you!
So you think they are holding back just to pee us off?

Also, why dont you try asking 99% of companys why things cost more over here.

Also, by what you said, you didnt ask them about the increased prices, so why would he answer a question not given.
Old 13-03-2008, 22:27   #22
D_Skids
Inactive

No of course I know they are not holding back to pee us off! I am not an idiot.

What I am trying to say is they need to put more priority on UK content. Do you think it is right for them to be producing extra levels for Pain instead of concentrating on getting it ready for release here?

And although I didn't say it in this thread I did state the fact about prices.

What I can't understand is why you are defending them so much. Can you honestly say you are happy with the content and the fact that you pay up to 50% more for games than other countries?
Old 13-03-2008, 22:41   #23
shawty
Permanently Banned

Quote:
No of course I know they are not holding back to pee us off! I am not an idiot.

What I am trying to say is they need to put more priority on UK content. Do you think it is right for them to be producing extra levels for Pain instead of concentrating on getting it ready for release here?

And although I didn't say it in this thread I did state the fact about prices.

What I can't understand is why you are defending them so much. Can you honestly say you are happy with the content and the fact that you pay up to 50% more for games than other countries?
Im not defending them.

You got an answer on why it takes so long. If you dont like it, vote with your wallet, it doesnt bother me. Ive got better things to worry about rather than worrying why Pain isnt on the UK PSN.

And so if you know they aint holding it back, how do you know that they aint putting all resources into it. You cant just guess at what you think and make it sound like fact.

Why the need to ask about prices? We are the UK, everything costs more over here, for reasons other than its just rip of Britain.
Old 13-03-2008, 22:59   #24
D_Skids
Inactive

I have not made anything sound like fact I am simply stating my point of view.

Pain was just a good example of how we are being treated there are many other good examples.

If they are putting all of their resources into it, why didn't they tell me that in their reply?

I agree with you completely about rip off Britain but I am just using this case in point. If we are paying more why are being given less?
Old 13-03-2008, 23:06   #25
shawty
Permanently Banned

Quote:
I have not made anything sound like fact I am simply stating my point of view.
Fair enough, but when you say things like this, "What I am trying to say is they need to put more priority on UK content." your saying that they are not doing enough, which obviously you would not know.

Quote:
Pain was just a good example of how we are being treated there are many other good examples.
Most if not all will fall within the same answer of why they take longer.

Quote:
If they are putting all of their resources into it, why didn't they tell me that in their reply?
Maybe because they didnt want to, nor should they have to. Without knowing what you said, you asked them why it takes longer for games to appear on the UK PSN and they answered with quite a good answer stating some of the reasons why it takes longer.

Quote:
I agree with you completely about rip off Britain but I am just using this case in point. If we are paying more why are being given less?
You are not paying for it, its free. You only pay for the stuff that costs and if you buy it, you are not getting less are you, as you have just bought it.
Old 13-03-2008, 23:16   #26
D_Skids
Inactive

Read into it what you want all I am saying is I am not happy with the updates on the UK Store just like a lot of other people.

I am not going to carry on arguing with you, my issue is with Sony not you.
Old 13-03-2008, 23:25   #27
shawty
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Read into it what you want all I am saying is I am not happy with the updates on the UK Store just like a lot of other people.

I am not going to carry on arguing with you, my issue is with Sony not you.
We have already come to the conclusion that they are not doing it for the fun of it, so why all the fuss on it. It will come when it comes.
Old 13-03-2008, 23:52   #28
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Another Thursday and another crap update.

Cheers for nothing Sony!

Meanwhile, in America...

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3fanboy.com
As if to purposefully annoy Europeans even further, SCEA has released one of the best store updates we've seen in a long time. Plenty of add-on packs, videos and even a demo. We like this week's update and hope to see the year continue with similar results. Here's the full release list:

Toy Home expansion pack ($6.99)
Major League Baseball 2K8 demo (free)
PAIN character add-on "Ginger the Nurse" ($0.99)
PAIN character add-on "Muffy the Cheerleader" ($0.99)
Rock Band songs
Black Tide's "Shockwave" ($0.99)
Paramore's "Crushcrushcrush" ($0.99)
Serj Tankian's "Beethovan's ****" ($0.99)
Guitar Hero III "Dropkick Murpheys" song pack (free)
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds "Characters and courses" video (free)
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds "New shot system" video (free)
Viking: Battle for Asgard teaser trailer (free)
Viking "Episode 1 - Skarin's Calling" video (free)
Viking "Episode 2 - Siege of Caldburg" video (free)
God of War: Chains of Olympus theme (free)
PAIN "Ginger" theme (free)
PAIN "Muffy" theme (free)
2 Condemned 2: Bloodshot themes (free)
Condemned 2: Bloodshot wallpaper (free)
Sony Europe - take note. This is a PSN update. We're pleased to see a God of War: Chains of Olympus theme, even though it's a PSP game. As for the Toy Home expansion, that's a pleasant surprise, indeed. Though it's a little pricey. We're intrigued to see if the additional content is worth more than half the price of the original game.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2008, 17:09   #29
Tod
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - Tivo, TV XL, Broadband XL, Phone XL, Mobile
Tod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to all

Considering there are more PS3's in Europe than in the states, it seems a little unfair!
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote