Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Does this sound right?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Does this sound right?

Old 02-08-2012, 16:20   #1
InformationMedia
Inactive

Services: Sky HDTV/Sky Sports/ESPN & Muitiroom. 20MB Virgin Broadband/Unlimited Calls
InformationMedia is on a distinguished roadInformationMedia is on a distinguished road
Does this sound right?

I called Sky yesterday to cancel (so I could return to Virgin). The reason being me and the partner miss the catch up service.

Once I spoke to Sky they confirmed iplayer, itv catchup and 5 on demand are on there way. Not only that but they gave me my tv package half price for a year on top of my free hd for one year offer

Does that sound right to anyone?
InformationMedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2012, 17:29   #2
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
Re: Does this sound right?

Well BBC iPlayer, ITV Player and 5 On Demand are coming to Sky later this year so that is correct, in regards to the cheaper package, sounds good, they dont want to loose your custome
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 17:38   #3
Telly_
Permanently Banned

Telly_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes it's all correct, as for your package there are some great deals to be had right now with Sky.

I personally get 3 Sky+HD boxes, full sky world with 3D and HD,phone line an internet for £51 a month. It's just Sky using some of the £1.2 billion profit to give back something to loyal customers that have helped them become the UK success story they have.
Telly_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 18:00   #4
djfunkdup
NoT 1oF tHe UsUaLSuSpeCtS

Services: Hyper-Optic 1Gig
djfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telly_ View Post
Yes it's all correct, as for your package there are some great deals to be had right now with Sky.

I personally get 3 Sky+HD boxes, full sky world with 3D and HD,phone line an internet for £51 a month. It's just Sky using some of the £1.2 billion profit to give back something to loyal customers that have helped them become the UK success story they have.

LOL
djfunkdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 19:14   #5
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

Wow! (again).

Are you on commission, or do you just get overtime for posting on here?

Why didn't they give back some of the £1.2 billion in profit to loyal customers without the loyal customers having to threaten to leave?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 19:31   #6
InformationMedia
Inactive

Services: Sky HDTV/Sky Sports/ESPN & Muitiroom. 20MB Virgin Broadband/Unlimited Calls
InformationMedia is on a distinguished roadInformationMedia is on a distinguished road

I would say I'm a loyal customer but I've only had it installed 12 days
Old 02-08-2012, 19:43   #7
Telly_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformationMedia View Post
I would say I'm a loyal customer but I've only had it installed 12 days
Yes an there is an in house term for people like you " I believe" who have been loyal to a competitor an will want to return with the first few weeks.

There may even be a few incentives to keep you.
Old 02-08-2012, 20:19   #8
InformationMedia
Inactive

Quote:
Yes an there is an in house term for people like you " I believe" who have been loyal to a competitor an will want to return with the first few weeks.

You cannot say no to half price tv for one year. Looks like I made the right decision given the news that Virgin have announced today.
Old 02-08-2012, 21:04   #9
Telly_
Permanently Banned

What news? Or do you mean the price rise?
Old 02-08-2012, 21:56   #10
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Or possibly the new 7 HD channels un-officially announced earlier.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:51   #11
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformationMedia View Post
You cannot say no to half price tv for one year. Looks like I made the right decision given the news that Virgin have announced today.
Totally agree- it makes sense for you to take the deal...

---------- Post added at 09:51 ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 ----------

Quote:

I wonder what that term is?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:58   #12
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

The half price offer is standard atm and nothing special
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote