Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Updated] Theresa May is new UK PM

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Updated] Theresa May is new UK PM

Old 14-07-2016, 12:19   #256
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone
Re: [Updated] Theresa May set to become PM

I'm not that unhappy about Gove, except that... I do think he was a breath of fresh air as prison reform, I do wonder what will happen there now, more book bans?

We'll see.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-07-2016, 12:51   #257
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Done with the Brexit stuff now, people will be delighted to know.

What Theresa May is doing is fascinating. Huge clear out of the 'Notting Hill' clique, and nothing short of a substantial reform of government.

She's definitely looking like she's not afraid to change things. People were expecting her to be relatively dull, instead she's scalped the cabinet already and is pushing strong reform, stamping her authority on government immediately.

---------- Post added at 12:51 ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 ----------

New department for Business, Energy and Industry may be set up, along with a new Infrastructure department, various other departments re-arranged and merged into it.

Why just change the head of departments when you can change entire departments?
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2016, 13:03   #258
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Anyone know what is happening re: Health? Seen so many conflicting stories today, first he has gone then he is staying now he is going and now latest is he is definitely STAYING.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2016, 13:17   #259
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

I'm not sure why so many people bash boris?

I think he's pretty intelligent I think he will do well or either that she's hoping someone abroad will think he's a muppet as well and he'll get shot ending his political career
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2016, 13:38   #260
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Anyone know what is happening re: Health? Seen so many conflicting stories today, first he has gone then he is staying now he is going and now latest is he is definitely STAYING.
He's staying, official.

---------- Post added at 13:38 ---------- Previous post was at 13:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
I'm not sure why so many people bash boris?

I think he's pretty intelligent I think he will do well or either that she's hoping someone abroad will think he's a muppet as well and he'll get shot ending his political career
He has a history of being careless with his words. Not ideal for our foremost international diplomat.

Hopefully the civil servants in the FCO will keep him in order.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2016, 14:30   #261
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Interesting
Quote:
Stephen Crabb resigns as work and pensions secretary
http://www.itv.com/news/update/2016-...ons-secretary/

Does this mean a comeback for IDS?
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2016, 14:53   #262
RizzyKing

Hell no ids is the last thing the welfare system needs and he'd be the polar opposite of what may has talked about as I doubt she was taken in by his resignation over too much cutting of disability benefits.
Old 14-07-2016, 14:57   #263
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Damian Green is the new Work and Pensions Secretary RK.
Old 14-07-2016, 18:43   #264
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Dave and George have been found together at a local cafe!
they still look cute together.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ting-Hill.html
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2016, 19:27   #265
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

I thought you would stop being obsessed when he stopped being PM...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2016, 20:12   #266
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I thought you would stop being obsessed when he stopped being PM...
It's only been a few hours Hugh

Subject needs updating. she's been PM for ages now!n

Do you think Dave will ever see Obama again?
they didn't say their proper goodbye's really did they?

when was the last time they were together anyway. was it when Obama came over here to try and keep Dave in his job?

Last edited by Gary L; 14-07-2016 at 20:34.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2016, 13:25   #267
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: [Updated] Theresa May is new UK PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
It took a woman PM to get us out of the mess of 70's so who knows ,she could be just what's needed and i think those politicians that rely on the old boys club are in for a shock .
Winds of change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Done with the Brexit stuff now, people will be delighted to know.

What Theresa May is doing is fascinating. Huge clear out of the 'Notting Hill' clique, and nothing short of a substantial reform of government.
Sweep out the Tory toffs.

Quote:
She's definitely looking like she's not afraid to change things. People were expecting her to be relatively dull, instead she's scalped the cabinet already and is pushing strong reform, stamping her authority on government immediately
She's certainly hit the ground running. Going to be interesting to see how she does with Merkel. (Mud wrestling anybody?)
Old 15-07-2016, 15:09   #268
RizzyKing

Nah I think Theresa will take Angela with arm wrestling maybe put some free trade agreements as the prize.
Old 15-07-2016, 20:17   #269
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal

I haven't been following UK news of late because, not to put too fine a point on it, I'm in Tenerife, having a most excellent time. But this news made me sit up and look at it again.

Did I miss something? I thought the PM was elected, not appointed - I don't recall voting for her. What the hell?!
Old 15-07-2016, 20:21   #270
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post
I haven't been following UK news of late because, not to put too fine a point on it, I'm in Tenerife, having a most excellent time. But this news made me sit up and look at it again.

Did I miss something? I thought the PM was elected, not appointed - I don't recall voting for her. What the hell?!
No we don't elect a PM in this country ,never have, never will.We elect a political party .

Explaining this to a 10 yr old would be ok ,but an adult ,not so much