Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BoxNation on Virgin Media?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Old 01-05-2014, 23:02   #1366
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Question for those in the know.

My brother has just added Boxnation through Virgin Media for this weekends Mayweather fight. He only wants the channel for 1 month / 30 days. When would be the best time for him to cancel the channel with Virgin to avoid being billed a second month? Does he have to give 30 days notice?

Thanks in advance
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2014, 23:07   #1367
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

The way Cable work is:

Your brother will need to pay about £22 for 9 weeks viewing (4 weeks ahead) in June bill when he cancel after 30 days he will get some money back in July bill.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 23:12   #1368
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
The way Cable work is:

Your brother will need to pay about £22 for 9 weeks viewing (4 weeks ahead) in June bill when he cancel after 30 days he will get some money back in July bill.
I think I understand
Old 03-05-2014, 14:33   #1369
nicko
cf.addict

Services: 30 mb broadband & phone
nicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Question for those in the know.

My brother has just added Boxnation through Virgin Media for this weekends Mayweather fight. He only wants the channel for 1 month / 30 days. When would be the best time for him to cancel the channel with Virgin to avoid being billed a second month? Does he have to give 30 days notice?

Thanks in advance

After 30 days he can cancel anytime and will only be charged on a per day basis.
So monthly / 30 = daily rate ( this is charged per day)
nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 22:03   #1370
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicko View Post
After 30 days he can cancel anytime and will only be charged on a per day basis.
So monthly / 30 = daily rate ( this is charged per day)
Cheers bud
Old 20-06-2014, 20:52   #1371
Chad
cf.mega poster

Live action from Northern Ireland being streamed right now by UTV

http://www.u.tv/Sport/Belfast-hosts-...2-3ba095636f74

Promoted by Barry McGuigan Marc McCullough and Jamie Conlan in European title bouts and with commentary from world title contender Carl Frampton.
Old 11-08-2014, 19:57   #1372
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

This must have come as a shock to many people in the boxing world. Was Frank Maloney connected to Box Nation in any way?

Most of the men that I have met that have been born the wrong sex or are transvestites seem to be involved in macho activities. The last transvestite that I met served in the Falklands and it turns out that Frank Maloney is transgendered.

One would think that he would have naturally veered towards a less macho role, maybe he was trying to prove something to himself?

Was he ever a boxer too in his younger days?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...y-9660310.html

---------- Post added at 19:57 ---------- Previous post was at 19:55 ----------

Quote:
Live action from Northern Ireland being streamed right now by UTV

http://www.u.tv/Sport/Belfast-hosts-...2-3ba095636f74

Promoted by Barry McGuigan Marc McCullough and Jamie Conlan in European title bouts and with commentary from world title contender Carl Frampton.
It is possible to watch UTV (or any other ITV franchise) anywhere in the UK for free via your Sky box.

I'll be happy to give instructions to anybody who would find this useful
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2014, 03:45   #1373
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
This must have come as a shock to many people in the boxing world. Was Frank Maloney connected to Box Nation in any way?

Most of the men that I have met that have been born the wrong sex or are transvestites seem to be involved in macho activities. The last transvestite that I met served in the Falklands and it turns out that Frank Maloney is transgendered.

One would think that he would have naturally veered towards a less macho role, maybe he was trying to prove something to himself?

Was he ever a boxer too in his younger days?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...y-9660310.html[COLOR="Silver"]
A warning for making offensive remarks about Kellie has been issued to Audley Harrison. He'd soon be complaining if somebody white said that black people made them feel uncomfortable in their prescence.

On BBC4 this Sunday morning (31/8/14) at 00:45 there is a programme on called 'Boxing at the Movies'. It asks why, time and again, filmmakers return to the tales of the ring.
Old 29-08-2014, 21:22   #1374
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
A warning for making offensive remarks about Kellie has been issued to Audley Harrison. He'd soon be complaining if somebody white said that black people made them feel uncomfortable in their prescence.

On BBC4 this Sunday morning (31/8/14) at 00:45 there is a programme on called 'Boxing at the Movies'. It asks why, time and again, filmmakers return to the tales of the ring.
Boxing at the Movies is a great watch, I'm sure I caught it last year on BBC4. Got it set to record just in case it's not the program I think it is.
Old 30-08-2014, 16:02   #1375
Chad
cf.mega poster

Just finished watching an interview on YouTube with Frank Warren. It was filmed yesterday by I Film London. Towards the end of the interview Warren starts talking about how Boxnation is currently getting on. After chatting about launching on Talk Talk, and potential deals for future programming on the channel, he mentioned the channel is available in HD on 2 platforms??? Now maybe he's just made a mistake or Boxnation HD is going HD real soon on either Talk Talk or Virgin Media.

Another interesting point from the interview is Frank is close to signing a promotional deal with Cuban Guillermo Rigondeaux! Whilst he doesn't have a massive fan base, it certainly opens the door to a potential super fight against Frampton.
Old 02-09-2014, 00:42   #1376
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Boxing at the Movies is a great watch, I'm sure I caught it last year on BBC4. Got it set to record just in case it's not the program I think it is.
Yes, I often do that too. A really useful feature would be a box that keeps details of programmes (especially films) that have already been viewed/recorded.

Quote:
Frank Warrens take on Kellie:

http://www.boxnation.com/boxing-news...column-150814/
Old 02-09-2014, 18:03   #1377
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

Who has the Carl Frampton fight on Saturday, I'm assuming sky?
pengedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 18:56   #1378
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengedragon View Post
Who has the Carl Frampton fight on Saturday, I'm assuming sky?
Boxnation bud
Old 02-09-2014, 21:17   #1379
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

Thanks for the info, I guess it's time for my twice yearly floyd sub to kick in
pengedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 18:56   #1380
Chad
cf.mega poster

Has BoxNation been blocky or jumpy over the past 48 hours for those who subscribe on Virgin Media?