Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 20:44   #916
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue666666 View Post
The WWE Network was scheduled to go live today in the United Kingdom. Well, that didn’t go as planned. With just 20 minutes to go until the official WWE Network launch in the UK at 8pm local time (3pm EST), the WWE Network Twitter account sent out this message:

The launch of @WWENetwork in the U.K. has been delayed until further notice.

— WWE Network (@WWENetwork) November 3, 2014

As you can imagine, fans are already flipping out on Twitter and at the unofficial WWE Network subreddit.
link http://www.sescoops.com/wwe-network-uk-launch-delayed/
Yep been confirmed on twitter,fb and my sources too suggestions are saying Sky stuck their nose in.
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2014, 20:48   #917
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Yep been confirmed on twitter,fb and my sources too suggestions are saying Sky stuck their nose in.
That was my immediate thought, sky have made a lucrative offer.
Old 03-11-2014, 20:51   #918
blue666666
Inactive

Services: XL tv bb 200 mb tivo 500gb box
blue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to all

The rest of the world gets the network and we don't, doesn't seem fair to me
Old 03-11-2014, 21:02   #919
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue666666 View Post
The rest of the world gets the network and we don't, doesn't seem fair to me
Well if wat's going on on twitter and FB is anything to go by WWE have messed up big time hell of a lot of fans turning their back on WWE now.
Interesting as these guys are normally very much in the know https://twitter.com/TheCorporation8

Edit - WWE have updated their site thanking uk fans for bearing with them.
Maybe it's just a technical glitch.
Old 03-11-2014, 21:14   #920
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

BBC Watchdog is exactly like a forum. You only get the bad news never the good.

I use NowTV with a weekly sports pass to watch tennis tournaments. Service has been perfect for me.

ATP Tour Finals next.
Old 03-11-2014, 21:14   #921
blue666666
Inactive

blue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to all

Wonder what the offer was from sky for WWE to say screw you UK fans
Old 03-11-2014, 21:23   #922
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post

I use NowTV with a weekly sports pass to watch tennis tournaments. Service has been perfect for me.

ATP Tour Finals next.
It depends what you watch though, i wouldn't expect Tennis to overload the servers like a big football match or Game of Thrones.
Old 03-11-2014, 22:00   #923
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post

ATP Tour Finals next.
Ah Watchdog the show that repeats itself every year they always like to have a dig at Sky, Vm, BT ,British airways, electric companies.
Old 03-11-2014, 22:09   #924
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

I believe sky have taken an injunction out on wwe to stop the network launching. a last minute court thing. sky believe they'll lose money on sky box office if wwe network goes ahead as planned.

16 quid to watch 3 hours of wrestling 1am - 4am.
or 6 quid to watch EVERYTHING

you can see why sky were panicking. Isnt it sad and pathetic that giving sky 25 quid a month isnt enough for them as we've let them get away with robbing us for so long

"25 quid??! no we want MORE. you stay up till 4am on a week night and pay us 15 QUID NOW"

remarkable how they get away with it.
Old 03-11-2014, 22:17   #925
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
I believe sky have taken an injunction out on wwe to stop the network launching. a last minute court thing.
That's the first thing that came into my head. If it was technical issues, surely they would have said so eg "We're flattered but embarrassed. As so many of you have registered, we want to ensure the best possible standards so please bear with us until November whilst we put some more capacity in place..."
Old 03-11-2014, 22:59   #926
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

[QUOTE=vincerooney;35738961]I believe sky have taken an injunction out on wwe to stop the network launching. a last minute court thing. sky believe they'll lose money on sky box office if wwe network goes ahead as planned.

16 quid to watch 3 hours of wrestling 1am - 4am.
or 6 quid to watch EVERYTHING

you can see why sky were panicking. Isnt it sad and pathetic that giving sky 25 quid a month isnt enough for them as we've let them get away with robbing us for so long

"25 quid??! no we want MORE. you stay up till 4am on a week night and pay us 15 QUID NOW"

remarkable how they get away with it.

If the whole injunction thing is true, then I guess we know what will happen if HBO Go launches over here.

BIB, Not really. They buy a product, and sell it for as much as they can. Exactly the same as anyone else.

Is it a rip-off? Yes. But whilst people pay it, they will charge it. We all know ofcom won't do anything, so it's all down to the consumer to change things.
Old 03-11-2014, 23:03   #927
blue666666
Inactive

B1i4-g-CEAIaQ_P 4.jpg

WWE network
Old 03-11-2014, 23:12   #928
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Now TV was slated on last weeks Watchdog:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...s-34-episode-3

It's about halfway through for anyone interested in watching it

Problems included being cut off during crucial football matches, being given a ridiculously short window in which to view box sets etc.
And the Sky rep's answer suggested to me that there is no way that is going to change.

With the amount of money Sky paid HBO, it is quite incredible that HBO back seasons aren't constantly available.
Old 03-11-2014, 23:30   #929
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

I dont want to have to go down the bother of creating american addresses and using paypal again and proxies but ill prob have to this time unless we get an update on wwe network the next few days.

harry hitch- yeah agreed it is business but its rotten doing it 19 mins before launch if it was an injunction! otherwise it'll be because we're going to get sky sports wwe...which will provide barely no content on demand and no pay per views...

today has been a fine day to drink alcohol
Old 03-11-2014, 23:46   #930
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
And the Sky rep's answer suggested to me that there is no way that is going to change.
Agreed, the missing 24 episode and the football matches were unintentional. The lack of time to watch the boxsets is intentional.
Closed Thread