Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 15-09-2013, 19:38   #796
tizmeinnit

Re: The Xbox One Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I'm hoping I can just stick my Kinect on top of the TV...
best place for it anyway as it makes the most of the space

---------- Post added at 19:38 ---------- Previous post was at 19:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I am not sure that will be possible in its current form as it looks like it is designed to sit sit on a shelf, assuming these photos are final builds.

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/...ely-set/747796
I will modify the clip I have for the Kinect or make my own shelf for the tv easy enough to do
Advertisement
Old 15-09-2013, 19:43   #797
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I am sure there will be a bracket for the TV at some point.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2013, 19:44   #798
tizmeinnit

Quote:
For anyone that needs the Xbox One to be a Windows Media Center Extender then it looks like you maybe out of luck.

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft...enter-extender

---------- Post added at 15:10 ---------- Previous post was at 15:09 ----------

Yes got mine from Tesco as they have had stock for days.
my bloody tv works as a media extender even just sees my plex shares without plex software on it. Lame MS for omitting that part

---------- Post added at 19:44 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

Quote:
I am sure there will be a bracket for the TV at some point.
most likely on ebay before release or within days lol
Old 16-09-2013, 10:48   #799
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Rainbox Six is now free on Xbox live until 30th September.

Unfortunately we now have to put our credit card details in to download something FREE since they got rid of the MS points!
Old 16-09-2013, 10:56   #800
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Quote:
For anyone that needs the Xbox One to be a Windows Media Center Extender then it looks like you maybe out of luck.

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft...enter-extender
LoL even my old Smart TV can play stuff off my PC, the list of stuff the XBONE CAN'T DO is getting longer every day!
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2013, 11:02   #801
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I haven't used that method in years as we can still stream from a NAS, but it would still have been useful for some people i guess.
Old 16-09-2013, 13:34   #802
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

It's intended to be placed on top of the TV.

I know that MS has made some (well, many...) stupid decisions, but even they can't be so stupid (surely?) as to forget that HDTVs (the kind of TV they intend everyone to use) don't tend to have nice deep flat tops...
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2013, 17:50   #803
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
I have just changed my Xbox One day one edition order to include Forza 5, well chuffed about that as i didn't want Fifa 14.

If anyone is interested Tesco still have the Xbox One day One Edition with Forza instock and i think you need to be quick as these sell out in hours.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/xbox-one...skuId=113-2102

---------- Post added at 16:49 ---------- Previous post was at 15:57 ----------

Pretty pleased i will now have Forza 5 with a digital download and the fact i have saved myself £47.
Now sold out, has anyone else changed their pre order?
Old 23-09-2013, 18:15   #804
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

Unfortunately we now have to put our credit card details in to download something FREE since they got rid of the MS points!
No, you don't.

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2013, 19:06   #805
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
No, you don't.
You do if you use Xbox.com to download your purchases, luckily though you don't if you do it the slow way via the dash.
Old 23-09-2013, 21:15   #806
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Now sold out, has anyone else changed their pre order?
Nope. I dont trust the retailer enough for me to cancel my pre order which was made less than 24 hours of the reval back in May to make a new one really close to launch. Ill just stick with mine and by Forza on launch day as i want both Fifa and Forza so either way i would be buying one of the games
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2013, 21:46   #807
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I am going to Eurogamer on Saturday with the 2 tickets I won with virginmedia, I hope I see games running on final X1 hardware but I expect it will be PCs.
Old 24-09-2013, 15:52   #808
v0id
[CENSORED]

v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Might & Magic Clash of Heroes to be the next free game with 'Games with Gold
http://majornelson.com/2013/09/24/co...ve-game-store/

Old 24-09-2013, 16:24   #809
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Never heard of it, i wish the Xbox free games were as awesome as the games you get on PS plus.
Old 24-09-2013, 16:40   #810
v0id
[CENSORED]

Quote:
Never heard of it, i wish the Xbox free games were as awesome as the games you get on PS plus.

You don't get to keep the 'free' games when you end your subscription on PS+ like you do with Games with Gold