Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | How long can I use my ntlworld email address for?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service > Webspace, E-Mail & Browsing Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

How long can I use my ntlworld email address for?

Old 28-02-2024, 13:10   #1
gus0898uk
cf.addict

gus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enough
How long can I use my ntlworld email address for?

I have had one or two minor problems with emails since O2 got involved.
Phoning 150 wasn't alot of help, but she has put a ticket in for me which takes about 5 days.

I have had to set up a non VM email address (gmail for me) so VM can contact me, I get the impression that this is the thin end of the wedge and I have to start slowly transferring all my contacts to a new non VM address.
How long have I got before the axe falls on virginmedia.com?
Thanks Guys.
gus0898uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-02-2024, 14:01   #2
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: How long can I use my ntlworld email address for?

I'm confused, are you saying you have left VM ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2024, 14:50   #3
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

He's saying VM insist on you using a non VM e-mail addy when using their services. As the OP suggests it does look like VM are going to pull the rug entirely on their e-mail service sooner or later. It's not possible to create a new address with them any more, new customers don't get an e-mail address at all and VM have made it a little protracted to access existing VM e-mail on third party apps i.e.anything but webmail.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2024, 17:28   #4
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

I’ve been blocked on two of my VM email addresses (although one has subsequently been restored), and of course not long ago all the emails went down and some didn’t get retrieved for weeks. If I were a cynic, I’d say they were trying to drive people away.

I’ve already jumped.
Old 28-02-2024, 18:07   #5
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I’ve been blocked on two of my VM email addresses (although one has subsequently been restored), and of course not long ago all the emails went down and some didn’t get retrieved for weeks. If I were a cynic, I’d say they were trying to drive people away.

I’ve already jumped.
Definitely and they're not really being very subtle about it. All the households older ntlworld addresses are compromised and floating around on the dark web according to haveibeenpwned so I guess it's good riddance. I accelerated my move away after the lost e-mail debacle last summer.
Old 28-02-2024, 20:03   #6
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Bizarre, how much can it really cost them? And how much aggro if they withdraw the service? Customers rely on their email addresses, the no of people and accounts/lost vital emails if they suddenly withdraw it.

It must be run on a Sinclair ZX81, given how flaky it is. Given they are increasing prices by 9%, maybe they could invest in a ZX Spectrum (48k)?

I've made contingencies with Gmail/Outlook addresses. But it would still be a hassle to change.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2024, 20:12   #7
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

I think it is pretty poor. The advantages of signing up with Virgin broadband is that you also get the ability to sign up to Virgin TV, a landline and an email service.

As these advantages are diminished or cancelled one by one, it will surely lose broadband business. Virgin TV is the only thing that prevents me from moving to City Fibre.
Old 28-02-2024, 22:21   #8
daveeb
cf.mega poster

I believe if/when I change any part of the package then Maxit no longer includes TNT. I think once that happens I might well see what else there is on offer after almost 30 years of cable services.
Old 29-02-2024, 09:55   #9
gus0898uk
cf.addict

gus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enough

daveeb Many thanks for your input, I realise my OP was a bit jumbled.
It looks like the seperation from VM will be death by a thousand cuts.

As someone has posted, it is a huge hassel to change your email address to every person or business you have ever dealt with.
I actually felt quite good having a ntlworld.com email
gus0898uk is offline   Reply With Quote