Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Old 14-11-2015, 10:48   #1471
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

It doesn't sound good, but PC World?? that is asking for trouble.

Luckily i don't know anyone who has had real problems upgrading to Windows 10 so far.
Old 14-11-2015, 11:51   #1472
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
I know of numerous folk, ( Non-PC Savvy) who were prompted by their systems to automatically upgrade to Windows 10. They allowed their systems to get on with it. Five of them, work colleagues, have had their systems ruined with all attempts to restore their previous versions failing. They have had to pay out to PC World to fix their systems. One who lost all her files is taking legal advice.

Tell me this is OK.
It would appear from your statement that these people haven't bothered to maintain any backup system. I had to do a clean install on my main PC as I had a CPU fan failed and HP insisted that before they took it away to repair that I started from scratch.
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2015, 12:06   #1473
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10

click download tool for official ISO's and remember can use windows 7 and 8.1 keys to activate this one so don't have to do a upgrade first if you still on windows 7 or 8.1
l did the big upgrade this morning although it did take two hours into the process.
Old 14-11-2015, 12:27   #1474
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l did the big upgrade this morning although it did take two hours into the process.
Hopefully everything is working ok.
Old 14-11-2015, 12:50   #1475
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Hopefully everything is working ok.
Yes thankfully it working beautifully now.
Old 14-11-2015, 12:52   #1476
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes thankfully it working beautifully now.
If you don't like the white window bar you can now change the colour to what your start menu is.

Edit

I guess that maybe automatic now, i can't remember, but it is unfortunately limited as to what control you have.
Old 14-11-2015, 13:12   #1477
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one
Question Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Will there be a ISO download for Windows 10 Pro update to version

Walter
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2015, 13:25   #1478
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
Will there be a ISO download for Windows 10 Pro update to version

Walter
Yes it is already available from Microsoft.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/soft...load/windows10
Old 14-11-2015, 13:39   #1479
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

I did the Windows Home update yesterday not realizing it took ages to complete.
Anyone got a link to the extra features that are now available over and above released version?
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2015, 14:03   #1480
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by raging bull View Post
I did the Windows Home update yesterday not realizing it took ages to complete.
Anyone got a link to the extra features that are now available over and above released version?
Not read it myself but you may find some information here.

http://www.windowscentral.com/whats-...10-fall-update
Old 14-11-2015, 14:23   #1481
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Not read it myself but you may find some information here.

http://www.windowscentral.com/whats-...10-fall-update
That link just shows the changes but I cannot see a link to download the file.

Ken
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2015, 14:51   #1482
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Ken
There is no link to any files. The changes will be downloaded via the update.

That's why the title of the link is

"Windows 10 November Update - Features, changes, and improvements"
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2015, 14:59   #1483
raging bull
cf.geek

raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

Thanks for that Ken, at least I have something for reference.
Old 14-11-2015, 15:07   #1484
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:

Ken
That link wasn't meant for you, the other link i posted was though, talk about confusing everyone on the thread.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35...-post1478.html

Was my link Raging Bull.
Old 14-11-2015, 16:40   #1485
raging bull
cf.geek

Snoopz: Thanks for the original link, just about to explain to others the benefits of updating to the latest.
[Just hope my wife doesn't start asking awkward questions!]