Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV price rises

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV price rises

Old 27-11-2012, 19:32   #1426
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: TV price rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkymonkey View Post
Is there a way I can find out how much I will increase by?
Yes, you will get a letter or email that will tell you
Old 27-11-2012, 22:31   #1427
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

As l have said before, l would have NO objections to paying an increase in subs IF they increased the channels, and they are NOT doing that.

I think that the majority of VM have this objections to the price increases. IF Sky only increase there price ONCE a year, then why can't VM, and the big trouble is that VM say that increases are down to Sky, its NOT, Surely when VM sign a contract for a certain channel/s, then that price stays for the length of the contract.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 22:44   #1428
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

But everything is the same. Gas prices go up so less gas more money. Yorkie bars are 2 chunks less then a few years ago and increased in price.

Costs rise, it happens. Doesn't mean you get extra for the extra you pay.
Old 27-11-2012, 22:47   #1429
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
As l have said before, l would have NO objections to paying an increase in subs IF they increased the channels, and they are NOT doing that.
And you know this, how exactly? There is a couple of months or so before the price increases come into effect. Plenty of time for some new channels.

Quote:
I think that the majority of VM have this objections to the price increases.
It's a valid opinion, if a little mis-guided. Even 100 people on this forum would be a minority of VM's customer base.

Of course any price increase on anything is not nice, but that's the way of things at the moment.

---------- Post added at 22:47 ---------- Previous post was at 22:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Yorkie bars are 2 chunks less then a few years ago and increased in price.
And in one local shop, my favourite margarine (ICBINB) is now £1.95 for 500g
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 22:48   #1430
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

I think that the majority of VM have this objections to the price increases. IF Sky only increase there price ONCE a year, then why can't VM, and the big trouble is that VM say that increases are down to Sky, its NOT, Surely when VM sign a contract for a certain channel/s, then that price stays for the length of the contract.
Arthur, I know you and facts are, at best, ships that pass in the night, but as the Guardian reported last month, Sky have put their prices up twice in three months recently....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2012...ditch-contract
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 23:35   #1431
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Arthur, I know you and facts are, at best, ships that pass in the night, but as the Guardian reported last month, Sky have put their prices up twice in three months recently....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2012...ditch-contract
Is a raise in telephone call costs counted as a price increase? Obviously it is an increase but its an optional one, in that you can choose to make those calls and not, so not an automatic cost.

Line rental has increased for all companies. Harder to tell with the broadband tv bundles when they get thrown in together.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 03:15   #1432
Londonbornpaddy
Inactive

Londonbornpaddy will become famous soon enoughLondonbornpaddy will become famous soon enoughLondonbornpaddy will become famous soon enough

I have just skim read this thread and all i have to say is this...

£4 more pounds for nothing is really getting on my nerves. I know it is not much in the great scheme of things but it seems a bit harsh. Already paying about £85.
Londonbornpaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 03:33   #1433
gadge
Inactive

Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
gadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpack

Quote:

How do you know the majority of vm customers object its a question if all the cable forum posters cover 5% of vm customer base.
gadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 10:52   #1434
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Is a raise in telephone call costs counted as a price increase? Obviously it is an increase but its an optional one, in that you can choose to make those calls and not, so not an automatic cost.

Line rental has increased for all companies. Harder to tell with the broadband tv bundles when they get thrown in together.
From Thisismoney
Quote:
Sky is pushing up the price of its telephone line rental by 18 per cent for 3.5million customers - a hike so big angry subscribers can leave with no penalty.....

....From December 1 Sky is also increasing the cost of its daytime calls to 8.41p per minute from 7.95p and its call connection fee will also go up to 13.87p from £13.1p.

The company has started writing to customers this week.

However, this is not the first time that Sky has put up prices this year. In September the firm pushed up line rental for new customers, while day time calls went up from 7.6p per minute to 7.95p. It also increased its call connection charged from 12.5p to 13.1p.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 19:16   #1435
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

£5.59 rise here just got the email
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 19:23   #1436
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
Thats quite shocking Dave.
Old 28-11-2012, 19:25   #1437
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Same as me bud,I rang cs tonight to ask them to justify such a high increase.was firstly told because I was on top package and the increases was to invest in virgin tv anywhere,could not give me a answer on new channels.the one bit of good news was that I am not tied to a contract due to a error on there side,so gonna watch to see what appear prior to the increase and the view my options
howardmicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 19:28   #1438
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
Same as me bud,I rang cs tonight to ask them to justify such a high increase.was firstly told because I was on top package and the increases was to invest in virgin tv anywhere,could not give me a answer on new channels.the one bit of good news was that I am not tied to a contract due to a error on there side,so gonna watch to see what appear prior to the increase and the view my options
it looks more likely I be leaving mate and just keep bb
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 19:31   #1439
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
it looks more likely I be leaving mate and just keep bb
Well Dave l can totally understand that 100%.
Old 28-11-2012, 19:34   #1440
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
Still waiting here. I think I will be doing the same as you and see what materialises between now and February.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote