Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. III

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. III
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 13:25   #706
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. III

Virgin Media to offer an ESPN free weekend.

All Virgin Media viewers can watch live Sports on ESPN and ESPN HD for an weekend on Virgin Channels 529 and 530.

Offer will start on September 10th and will end on September 13th.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2010, 13:31   #707
joff81
Inactive

Services: V+ Xl TV package phone L package Broadband L package
joff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Virgin Media to offer an ESPN free weekend.

All Virgin Media viewers can watch live Sports on ESPN and ESPN HD for an weekend on Virgin Channels 529 and 530.

Offer will start on September 10th and will end on September 13th.
its a shame all these free channel offers are no good to most people as we already get them in the XL pack. all it means is that XL sujbcribers are pays for channels that others get for free for a limited time.
Old 02-09-2010, 13:49   #708
okun69
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Triple XL, 500GB Tivo, V+
okun69 has a spectacular aura about themokun69 has a spectacular aura about themokun69 has a spectacular aura about themokun69 has a spectacular aura about them

The latest on the Sky basics HD launch from the VirginMedia Twitter team:-

Just waiting to confirm and finalise all the little details. As soon as we're ready to go, we'll let you know the launch date.
Old 02-09-2010, 13:57   #709
joff81
Inactive

joff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by okun69 View Post
The latest on the Sky basics HD launch from the VirginMedia Twitter team:-

Just waiting to confirm and finalise all the little details. As soon as we're ready to go, we'll let you know the launch date.
what is there left to finalise in terms of little details ? there should be nothing left to sort especially as SKY have pushed the launch of Living HD today and are rebranding Virgin 1 to channel one tomorrow.

how can SKY be deal done and VM still needing to sort out details its all a load of stall tactics and utter crap from VM !!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 13:59   #710
bamav
cf.addict

Services: VM L TV powered by TiVo, 30MB BB, Sky Sports, Phone L, Freeview.
bamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to all

Bad news - Hallmark HD is NOT coming and Hallmark SD is will be no more.

Good news - It's re-branding as Universal!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitalt...universal.html
Old 02-09-2010, 14:16   #711
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamav View Post
Bad news - Hallmark HD is NOT coming and Hallmark SD is will be no more.

Good news - It's re-branding as Universal!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitalt...universal.html
i also noted it say universal hd will be on sky and virgin
Old 02-09-2010, 14:34   #712
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by joff81 View Post
what is there left to finalise in terms of little details ? there should be nothing left to sort especially as SKY have pushed the launch of Living HD today and are rebranding Virgin 1 to channel one tomorrow.

how can SKY be deal done and VM still needing to sort out details its all a load of stall tactics and utter crap from VM !!!!
Virgin Media maybe need time to work out the Channels numbers for all of the Sky Basic HD channels. Virgin are maybe testing them right now for all we know - look what happen with FIVE HD.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 02-09-2010, 14:45   #713
joff81
Inactive

Quote:
Virgin Media maybe need time to work out the Channels numbers for all of the Sky Basic HD channels. Virgin are maybe testing them right now for all we know - look what happen with FIVE HD.
yea i see your point i have noticed that there is a lack of room around where Virgin1 and Sky channels are on the EPG.

it just seems VM dont care about being competitive form a customers point of view. as of tomorrow we have lost Living HD as exclusive and SKY get their rebrand of Virgin 1 also the added HD channels that Sky have launched in the past months (hallmark HD, ESPNA HD, GOOD FOOD HD). us on VM have had channels removed and gained 1 HD cannel (comedy cantral HD) in that time. its annoying espcially when my mates have SKY and im stuck with VM due to not being allowed to have a dish and all i keep getting is we have has this and that added with me on VM still sat with less content that i had 4 weeks ago due to channels getting removed.

MB you are a great source of information and know that you are only the messenger who is willing to share information. know ive been pretty vocal in the last few days but i along with most people on here do appreciate the information you supply.
Old 02-09-2010, 17:34   #714
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by joff81 View Post
yea i see your point i have noticed that there is a lack of room around where Virgin1 and Sky channels are on the EPG.

it just seems VM dont care about being competitive form a customers point of view. as of tomorrow we have lost Living HD as exclusive and SKY get their rebrand of Virgin 1 also the added HD channels that Sky have launched in the past months (hallmark HD, ESPNA HD, GOOD FOOD HD). us on VM have had channels removed and gained 1 HD cannel (comedy cantral HD) in that time. its annoying espcially when my mates have SKY and im stuck with VM due to not being allowed to have a dish and all i keep getting is we have has this and that added with me on VM still sat with less content that i had 4 weeks ago due to channels getting removed.

MB you are a great source of information and know that you are only the messenger who is willing to share information. know ive been pretty vocal in the last few days but i along with most people on here do appreciate the information you supply.
The problem with Virgin talks seem to drag on and on. Look at how long theyve been in talks with ESPNA HD.
Old 02-09-2010, 17:36   #715
Thyroid Help
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, XXL Broadband. PS3
Thyroid Help can only hope to improve

Sky could bump bravo and virgin down the epg now they don't own them..
Old 02-09-2010, 17:39   #716
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyroid Help View Post
Sky could bump bravo and virgin down the epg now they don't own them..
Bump itv2 , 3 and 4 for whats on them LOL.
Old 02-09-2010, 17:46   #717
Kingofthedead4
Inactive

Services: XXL customer with movies and sport +HD And now TiVo.
Kingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of society

I think the whole epg needs a complete number overhaul.
Old 02-09-2010, 17:55   #718
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
The problem with Virgin talks seem to drag on and on. Look at how long theyve been in talks with ESPNA HD.
I think its about two and a half months by my re conning. However, as I have mentioned before ESPNA Hd is having some issues with picture quality perhaps this is the delay.
VM seem very lapse when providing there customers with information of new channel launches or closures, if it was not for this forum and others I would be in the dark about most things happening on VM.
Old 02-09-2010, 18:47   #719
Chartwell
Inactive

Chartwell will become famous soon enoughChartwell will become famous soon enoughChartwell will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Virgin just need to pull their finger out. When it comes to being customer focussed for TV they are just miles behind SKY, and it does feel like they get further behind as each month passes.
Old 02-09-2010, 19:12   #720
mattboothers
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media V+ & tivo (XL TV) - Freesat+ (Humax Foxsat HDR) - 20mb BB - M Phone
mattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chartwell View Post
Virgin just need to pull their finger out. When it comes to being customer focussed for TV they are just miles behind SKY, and it does feel like they get further behind as each month passes.
Sadly, Its like someone said before on these forums:

Sky are the BEST for TV - Virgin Media are the BEST for Broadband!
Closed Thread