Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV price rises

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV price rises

Old 11-12-2012, 10:40   #1636
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: TV price rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Yet again you've come in with an anti Sky rant despite telling us in the Sky section your parents live a long way from the exchange and are on a long line , so basically they'll never get 20mb over ADSL much like my parents hence why they choose VM BB.
Its better to have a bit of balance MM rather then one thats slanted one way or tother.

---------- Post added at 10:40 ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Love there battles its so funny
Be careful Mr Stokes as your master seems displeased today.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:41   #1637
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post

Be careful Mr Stokes as your master seems displeased today.
Lol. Im sure master is fine today
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:55   #1638
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Love there battles its so funny

Seems muppet tangles with the ones who always bash sky, whereas I always tangle with the ones who post pro-vm while they claim i am anti-vm.

Gotta have balance, the ying to the yang

---------- Post added at 10:55 ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 ----------

Quote:
Its better to have a bit of balance MM rather then one thats slanted one way or tother.
Lying to give balance has no justification though. Opinions are fine, but your post muppet responded too was plain wrong.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:05   #1639
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post

Seems muppet tangles with the ones who always bash sky, whereas I always tangle with the ones who post pro-vm while they claim i am anti-vm.

Gotta have balance, the ying to the yang

---------- Post added at 10:55 ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 ----------

Lying to give balance has no justification though. Opinions are fine, but your post muppet responded too was plain wrong.
l think you will find that promising certain speeds is lying especially when it cannot be delivered.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:13   #1640
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
l think you will find that promising certain speeds is lying especially when it cannot be delivered.
VM don't deliver the speeds they promised me except at the time of day when everyone is asleep. That is on fibre. Adsl estimates are usually pretty accurate but they can't account for the fact you may have terrible internal wiring.

Will find the url of the site that shows actual speedtest results by postcode and post if for you to try your parents postcode

---------- Post added at 11:13 ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 ----------

http://www.uswitch.com/broadband/speedtest/streetstats/
Old 11-12-2012, 11:16   #1641
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Will find the url of the site that shows actual speedtest results by postcode and post if for you to try your parents postcode

---------- Post added at 11:13 ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 ----------

http://www.uswitch.com/broadband/speedtest/streetstats/
That shows speedtest results - but doesn't say what tier the people that have done it are on (for any provider), so you can't tell whether they are getting what they pay for or not
Old 11-12-2012, 11:24   #1642
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
That shows speedtest results - but doesn't say what tier the people that have done it are on (for any provider), so you can't tell whether they are getting what they pay for or not
I know it shows speedtests results, that is why I posted it for denphone to try. Keep up....

The point was to see if anyone else on the street gets a higher speed to rule out issues other than the exchange distance.

As you kindly replied, VM are not giving me the speed I pay for. Gotta love the balance.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:24   #1643
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

...and it won't show that the test has been carried out at the end of a poor wifi connection. I only get 8Mb from my 20Mb connection because I have an ancient G router. This is my choice but if I were to do such a speed test it would give a wrong impression of my ISP which delivers a solid 20Mb service. (I am a Samknows test site)
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:17   #1644
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbEd in View Post
...and it won't show that the test has been carried out at the end of a poor wifi connection. I only get 8Mb from my 20Mb connection because I have an ancient G router. This is my choice but if I were to do such a speed test it would give a wrong impression of my ISP which delivers a solid 20Mb service. (I am a Samknows test site)
Some will post they cannot get the speed they are sold, then some will say they do get the speed they are sold, depends on time of day, where you are, If billy downloader is downloading the internet for the 5th time

For instance i do get the correct speed at any time of the day

So as someone said Ying and Yang is the order of the day now to keep a balance.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:19   #1645
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

My youngest daughter has sky bb and was told she would get between 7-9 mb, unforfunately this is not a reality and only gets 2-3 mb, she has been told by Sky that the area is over subscribed . All suppliers have problems it is up to us the customer to decide what is best for us.
My BB is advertised at 60 mb and that is exactly what I get , that is why I have cut a new much cheaper deal with VM.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:45   #1646
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultrademark View Post
We got the same deal last year via a mate in sky. Had it 10 days as the bb speed was estimated about 11 to 15mb and we got about 2mb so got it all disconnected.
The broadband speed is pretty much the least important thing to me in the package. For me it's all the the HD channels and SKY 3D that's the main selling points..... and of course the price.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 14:49   #1647
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
You must have had a serious fault with your line or your internal wiring.
Possibly, but their time to resolve was not acceptable and no doubt there would be costs involved if it was internal wiring so went back to VM on a better deal.
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 14:55   #1648
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultrademark View Post
Possibly, but their time to resolve was not acceptable and no doubt there would be costs involved if it was internal wiring so went back to VM on a better deal.
I can understand that mate , its a massive plus with VM that faults are rectified by there own technicians as opposed to contacting Sky who then have to arrange with BT etc.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 15:09   #1649
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Such nasty Jitter, must be one of those bad VM connections ...

My original point stands that Ben badly tried to debunk.....if others on that street get much higher speeds (only takes a few even if you discount the bad wireless scenario) then it rules out distance from the exchange being the issue.
Old 11-12-2012, 16:33   #1650
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

as you see im 100meg that's what I get would only get 1 to 3 meg on sky no one on here would lose over 90meg to switch
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote