Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Members Picture Gallery

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Not fair

Old 08-07-2003, 21:15   #1
peterska2
Permanently Banned

peterska2 can only hope to improve
Unhappy Not fair

Well everybody what do you make of this?

I was greated at my car this morning by a big red ticket for the police.

My car was parked in it's usual spot half on the kerb and half on the road outside my house.

I reads the ticket and nearly faints £1000 fine for not displaying a tax disc

The tax disc was there had just dropped of the window and was lay face up on the dash

Loadsa calls to the DVLA and still no joy. Need to get in touch with my local office who don't answer the phone and don't ring me back

Any thoughts????
peterska2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-07-2003, 21:16   #2
poolking
Inactive

Services: Sky World 300k BB NTL Phone
poolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to poolking Send a message via MSN to poolking Send a message via Yahoo to poolking
Quote:
Originally posted by peterska2
Well everybody what do you make of this?

I was greated at my car this morning by a big red ticket for the police.

My car was parked in it's usual spot half on the kerb and half on the road outside my house.

I reads the ticket and nearly faints £1000 fine for not displaying a tax disc

The tax disc was there had just dropped of the window and was lay face up on the dash

Loadsa calls to the DVLA and still no joy. Need to get in touch with my local office who don't answer the phone and don't ring me back

Any thoughts????
I don't know whether there is anything you can do, because all they'll do is argue that you were not displaying your tax disc at the time they checked your car.
poolking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 21:18   #3
peterska2
Permanently Banned

But the tax disc was displayed if they looked it was just not stuck to the window
Old 08-07-2003, 21:24   #4
Martin
Inactive

Services: Sky Q, Bt Infinity
Martin has reached the bronze age
Martin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Martin
Quote:
Thats what they all say.:p I would have thought you can challenge them as you have a Tax Disc and its valid. Isn't there someone you write to to challenge tickets? I have never had one personally but seem to recall someone telling me they wrote to someone.
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 21:28   #5
poolking
Inactive

poolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to poolking Send a message via MSN to poolking Send a message via Yahoo to poolking
Quote:
But the tax disc was displayed if they looked it was just not stuck to the window
Yeah, but they'll still probably say it should be affixed to the windscreen.
Old 08-07-2003, 21:28   #6
matty4donna
Inactive

matty4donna is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to matty4donna
Quote:
Originally posted by Martin
I have never had one personally but seem to recall someone telling me they wrote to someone.
Thats what they all say

I think Martin is right though, there must be some way to appeal against the fine
matty4donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 21:28   #7
peterska2
Permanently Banned

But wouldn't I need to get in touch with my local DVLA office to find out where to write to

I cant get hold of them so back to square one again
Old 08-07-2003, 21:29   #8
Roy MM
Inactive

Services: NTL cable 20mb Broadband, V+ package.
Roy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appeal
Roy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Roy MM
Think that's just for parking tickets Martin, the law regarding tax discs is it must be on display viewable to a police officer driving by or on foot, not having to look on the dashboard.
Roy MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 21:30   #9
peterska2
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by poolking
Yeah, but they'll still probably say it should be affixed to the windscreen.
If it hadn't of fell of in the night it would have been.

Was attached when I parked up last night.
Old 08-07-2003, 21:31   #10
peterska2
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Roy MM
Think that's just for parking tickets Martin, the law regarding tax discs is it must be on display viewable to a police officer driving by or on foot, not having to look on the dashboard.
I take it I need to find a bank to rob then
Old 08-07-2003, 21:31   #11
poolking
Inactive

Quote:
If it hadn't of fell of in the night it would have been.

Was attached when I parked up last night.
Plead your case to the police and let us know what happens.
Old 08-07-2003, 21:33   #12
peterska2
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by poolking
Plead your case to the police and let us know what happens.
Would this me the Bolton police, Manchester police or 999 police?
Old 08-07-2003, 21:40   #13
matty4donna
Inactive

matty4donna is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to matty4donna
http://www.merseyside.police.uk/FAQ/m/m.html#mot42 - probably wont help but i cannot find much info about this type of fine in the net. It basically says you refuse to pay the fine and just go to court to appeal against it.
matty4donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 21:41   #14
Martin
Inactive

Services: Sky Q, Bt Infinity
Martin has reached the bronze age
Martin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Martin
Does it not say anything on the ticket about appealing? You have a tax disc after all. I would give the Local Police Station a bell and ask them for advice on what to do. I think the fine is £80 rising to £1,000 if it went to court.

Don't ring 999 whatever you do thats for emergencys, don't want waisting police time adding.
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 21:44   #15
peterska2
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by matty4donna
http://www.merseyside.police.uk/FAQ/m/m.html#mot42 - probably wont help but i cannot find much info about this type of fine in the net. It basically says you refuse to pay the fine and just go to court to appeal against it.
And lose a days pay and still probably end up paying it anyway.

Just my luck really and I dont fancy having to go into the courthiuse again. Everytime I go there something bad happens