Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Reminders on TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Reminders on TiVo

Old 04-06-2011, 21:16   #196
tvout
Inactive

Services: VM L Broadband (10MB) XL TV V+ HD Box Off peak caller phone HTC Wildfire on T-Mobile UK Freeview
tvout will become famous soon enoughtvout will become famous soon enoughtvout will become famous soon enough
Re: Reminders on TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
It is not as a TiVo box will alter the way that you watch TV and also find new shows for you as well. I have a TiVo and also a V+ (have not used the V+ since getting the TiVo box)

It is a wonderful piece of kit and I would not go back to the way it was before IMHO

The app's are good but the ability to record as much as you can at one time is brilliant

This is just my opinion
I am definitely looking forward to getting one though
I'm thinking it will be a very nice upgrade and does have more potential although I was intrigued to know what the V+ boxes would be like when upgraded to Tivo software..?
To be honest half of what I end up watching is repeats anyway on TV so probably could easily record it and watch it again!
I'm only getting the 500GB version but from the 160GB I have already filled up on the V+ box it should be very useful to have the space.
Also I'll probably only record non-HD stuff as I only have a 28" CRT TV (I keep telling myself I'd only get rid of it when it breaks, despite 3D TVs being so tempting!). Interestingly the HD channels do seem to be noticeably clearer even though it's not a HD TV as well!
tvout is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-06-2011, 18:27   #197
elcid123
Inactive

elcid123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Reminders on TiVo good news

Hello, Well it's good news for all of us who have Tivo, program reminders will be implemented in August this year.

I spoke to Virgin Medias technical support yesterday 12 June and was informed program reminders will be implemented in August this year. So we will have just what we had with V+HD, FreeVeiw and all other PVR's.

At this time all you do is reboot Tivo and that's it, thank goodness I really miss them.

Virgin Media are awere of the demand for them.

Steve
elcid123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2011, 18:38   #198
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Reminders on TiVo good news

Well that will be great if it comes in August.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2011, 21:12   #199
tvout
Inactive

Services: VM L Broadband (10MB) XL TV V+ HD Box Off peak caller phone HTC Wildfire on T-Mobile UK Freeview
tvout will become famous soon enoughtvout will become famous soon enoughtvout will become famous soon enough

I've heard really mixed things regarding the reminders and really hope that what you say about the reminders is true. I sent an e-mail complaint and had a call Saturday morning from a lady there who said they had been in a meeting that morning and that there were no plans to add them but it might happen if they had enough complaints. I called my nearest VM store and they weren't aware of them being added and then called the VM retentions team this evening and the bloke there again didn't even know Tivo didn't have reminders. He spoke to his manager and they spoke to the Tivo team in America and were told they would be added later this year. I then got put through to the Tivo team in the UK and they told me there were no plans to add them but things might change if there were enough complaints!
I noticed a lot of people mentioning them on the VM forums as well as at least one person swapping his Tivo back for his V+ box because of it...
Where did you hear this elcid123?
Old 14-06-2011, 17:23   #200
elcid123
Inactive

I was told by VM teck support on Sunday evening and I said I will go ahead and post this on the Internet forums and they said that's fine.
By the way it was me that wrote that I was going back to V+HD because I think there are too many snags at the moment with Tivo, perhaps in the future I may have Tivo but for now back to V+HD for me.
I am aware that the more people that complain to VM they will do something to address these issues I'v seen it all before.

Steve
Old 14-06-2011, 21:10   #201
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

http://virgintivo.blogspot.com/2011/...tivo-need.html
HDFootyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2011, 05:53   #202
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

The sooner they come the better.
Old 15-06-2011, 17:58   #203
tvout
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post
Cheers HDFootyMan, I've definitely added my vote. Still due for the install on Friday.

I had a text message today from Virginmedia asking me to text back to another mobile number to confirm the appointment for Friday? Would that have been the engineer's mobile or one that feeds back to the contact centres? Did seem a little odd that I would be sent a message with a mobile number in it asking to text it.

Also, do I assume the extra £3 a month was to help reduce the initial cost of getting the box as there wasn't any kind of monthly extra charge on previous box upgrades (e.g. V to V+ HD etc). Do you think that's just for the duration of the contract or an indefinite period?
Old 15-06-2011, 18:32   #204
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvout View Post
Cheers HDFootyMan, I've definitely added my vote. Still due for the install on Friday.

I had a text message today from Virginmedia asking me to text back to another mobile number to confirm the appointment for Friday? Would that have been the engineer's mobile or one that feeds back to the contact centres? Did seem a little odd that I would be sent a message with a mobile number in it asking to text it.

Also, do I assume the extra £3 a month was to help reduce the initial cost of getting the box as there wasn't any kind of monthly extra charge on previous box upgrades (e.g. V to V+ HD etc). Do you think that's just for the duration of the contract or an indefinite period?
The £3 is for the TiVo service and will always be there.
Old 18-06-2011, 17:25   #205
elcid123
Inactive

The £3 a month will always be there until the competition catch up! The other providers will not like to lose customers or be beaten by VM. When this happens then just like the V+HD box we will be in a strong position to negotiate a deal. Let's all hope so.

Steve
Old 18-06-2011, 17:28   #206
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid123 View Post
The £3 a month will always be there until the competition catch up! The other providers will not like to lose customers or be beaten by VM. When this happens then just like the V+HD box we will be in a strong position to negotiate a deal. Let's all hope so.

Steve
And l am happy to pay the 3.00 a month for a far superior experience.
Old 18-06-2011, 17:59   #207
elcid123
Inactive

but it's still £3 a month and you must know just looking round these forums that the Tivo box still has bugs. Always remember don't be the first to rush to get the latest thing to arrive on the market whatever it may be, bide your time and wait till all the snags and bugs plus other things have been sorted out. You'll find you shouldn't be waiting that long.
Companies rely on customer feed back to rectify and improve there products.

Steve
Old 18-06-2011, 22:17   #208
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
but it's still £3 a month and you must know just looking round these forums that the Tivo box still has bugs. Always remember don't be the first to rush to get the latest thing to arrive on the market whatever it may be, bide your time and wait till all the snags and bugs plus other things have been sorted out. You'll find you shouldn't be waiting that long.

Steve
Could not agree more that is exactly my policy.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2011, 23:54   #209
TheDon
Inactive

TheDon has reached the bronze age
TheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Always remember don't be the first to rush to get the latest thing to arrive on the market whatever it may be, bide your time and wait till all the snags and bugs plus other things have been sorted out. You'll find you shouldn't be waiting that long.
If everyone did that then where will this customer feedback come from?

The more people that early adopt the more the product is used, the faster bugs get found and the faster improvements are made.
TheDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2011, 12:16   #210
scotmac
Inactive

Services: XL Tv 2 x V6 1 TB TiVo 200 Broadband XL phone
scotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of light

Here is an official reply to elcid123`s post about an August activation.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...11/td-p/549611
scotmac is offline   Reply With Quote