Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Reminders on TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Reminders on TiVo

Old 29-05-2011, 18:27   #136
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Reminders on TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
I was only joking, As I would not be able to run the 385 Yards never mind the 26 Miles now
l am sure you would do your local club some good if you turned out for them.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-05-2011, 19:05   #137
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l am sure you would do your local club some good if you turned out for them.
I would if I could, But due to a cycling injury I'am now unable If I could I would have done it for the NAS (National Autistic Society) As my middle child has Autism and ADHD.

But when I damaged my leg I did it correctly as I shattered my kneecap, Tore all the ligaments / Cartilage, Split the shin bone all the way down, Ripped and tore all the muscles in the upper thigh and I was also in a cast for 8 months

So some days I have to go up/down the stairs on my backside

Would love to do one as I did a lot of Athletics when I was younger

Ok now back on topic

devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2011, 19:10   #138
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
I would if I could, But due to a cycling injury I'am now unable If I could I would have done it for the NAS (National Autistic Society) As my middle child has Autism and ADHD.

But when I damaged my leg I did it correctly as I shattered my kneecap, Tore all the ligaments / Cartilage, Split the shin bone all the way down, Ripped and tore all the muscles in the upper thigh and I was also in a cast for 8 months

So some days I have to go up/down the stairs on my backside

Would love to do one as I did a lot of Athletics when I was younger
Christ you have through a lot with your knee and what with your middle child with Autism and ADHD in which my Sisters child has as well and it is hard to look after them as l do baby sit for my Sister sometimes.
Old 29-05-2011, 19:23   #139
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Christ you have through a lot with your knee and what with your middle child with Autism and ADHD in which my Sisters child has as well and it is hard to look after them as l do baby sit for my Sister sometimes.
My knee has been OK for about a week now and also it is OK as we have got him in to a routine that works. So he knows what is happening and when, Also have to explain when something happens out of his routine
Old 29-05-2011, 19:26   #140
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
My knee has been OK for about a week now and also it is OK as we have got him in to a routine that works. So he knows what is happening and when, Also have to explain when something happens out of his routine
Yes routine is definitely important for them. must get back on thread or else we will be told off.
Old 29-05-2011, 20:27   #141
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Let's leave the modding to the mods, shall we?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2011, 20:41   #142
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
OK Hugh, Sorry for that one mate
Old 29-05-2011, 21:36   #143
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Heavens to Betsy!! Hugh, surely some self moderation amongst members is permitted.

Even the days of Trade Union demarcation have been confined to the annals of history
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 19:44   #144
tvout
Inactive

Services: VM L Broadband (10MB) XL TV V+ HD Box Off peak caller phone HTC Wildfire on T-Mobile UK Freeview
tvout will become famous soon enoughtvout will become famous soon enoughtvout will become famous soon enough
Unhappy No reminders on Tivo?

Hi all,
After ordering a Tivo install I'm now having second thoughts as I read in the guide there aren't any reminders. This is probably my most used V+ box function and often will set reminders to change channels all evening and not even have to touch the remote. I'm worried about missing programmes or having to watch live programmes after they were live so that you miss real life events as they happen. Sure it's nice to back track but some things are nice to watch as they're on TV and it would be a pain to go into a catch up type folder and select them from there as that's what you can do with the V+ box anyway?
It's a major turn off for me and I'm considering cancelling the appointment now...
I read on the VM forum there is consideration fo including it soon but not sure if anyone can actually confirm it would happen...?
tvout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 19:46   #145
Jameseh

Re: No reminders on Tivo? :( :( :(

Wishlists do the same thing (I think).
Old 02-06-2011, 19:47   #146
tvout
Inactive

Services: VM L Broadband (10MB) XL TV V+ HD Box Off peak caller phone HTC Wildfire on T-Mobile UK Freeview
tvout will become famous soon enoughtvout will become famous soon enoughtvout will become famous soon enough
Re: No reminders on Tivo? :( :( :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
Wishlists do the same thing (I think).
Cheers Jameseh, would it automatically switch to the programme when it comes on or just record it though?
Old 02-06-2011, 19:48   #147
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Re: No reminders on Tivo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvout View Post
Hi all,
After ordering a Tivo install I'm now having second thoughts as I read in the guide there aren't any reminders. This is probably my most used V+ box function and often will set reminders to change channels all evening and not even have to touch the remote. I'm worried about missing programmes or having to watch live programmes after they were live so that you miss real life events as they happen. Sure it's nice to back track but some things are nice to watch as they're on TV and it would be a pain to go into a catch up type folder and select them from there as that's what you can do with the V+ box anyway?
It's a major turn off for me and I'm considering cancelling the appointment now...
I read on the VM forum there is consideration fo including it soon but not sure if anyone can actually confirm it would happen...?

l am sure reminders will be coming hopefully somtime this year as l miss that as well.
Old 02-06-2011, 20:01   #148
ahardie

Services: XL tv/L internet, Tivo(1Tb.), SA V+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvout View Post
Hi all,
Well done for doing the research before the tivo was actually installed. In my opinion if the lack of reminders is going to be a constant irritation to you then you should cancel the install as nobody knows when they will be added. I'm really not bothered about them myself but then I rarely used them on the V+.
Old 02-06-2011, 20:10   #149
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahardie View Post
Well done for doing the research before the tivo was actually installed. In my opinion if the lack of reminders is going to be a constant irritation to you then you should cancel the install as nobody knows when they will be added. I'm really not bothered about them myself but then I rarely used them on the V+.
Everybody has a different opinion but in my mind l miss them as l could set the reminder and know it would go to the event when it needed to.
Old 02-06-2011, 20:20   #150
tvout
Inactive

Thanks all, can anyone advise further on how the wishlist works exactly?
Say for example I wanted to watch Simpsons on Channel 4 at 6pm and maybe a film on some channel at 7pm. If you added them to the wishlist does it just record them to watch later? It was quite a downer really as the Tivo seemed amazing and I was getting really excited about it then shocked to find out a feature like that would be missing? Surely quite a few people would have used that and wanted it?

Someone from VM posted on the VM forum as follows:
"As far as I know we were not anticipating the huge demand for the reminder option on the TiVo box however our engineers are now looking into this and seeing if it can be added in."

I just called 150 and went through to the installations team and asked them about it and the guy I spoke to wasn't aware of it and was also surprised that Tivo didn't have reminders, reported it to his supervisor and filled in a feedback form for me.
I'm really hoping it wouldn't be difficult for them to add it in and it might be possible...
He also suggested sending a complaint form in for 'other' to highlight it. If I can get any confirmation it would be included I would be happy to sit tight and wait a little while. I really just need to know whether or not it will be implemented as I could return the Tivo but would still be charged the installation fee. I might even love it so much I could live without reminders...