Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 08-11-2012, 20:38   #2671
Risco
Inactive

Services: VIP; BB XL; TiVo 1TB; V+HD
Risco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to behold
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

No bump tonight...
Risco is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-11-2012, 21:16   #2672
buckleb
Inactive

Services: Vivid 200 Tivo 500GB
buckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of light

A slight bump on mine, but this seems to be due to STM kicking in. I downloaded the same 4.7GB until I got managed (just before 4pm). It's interesting that, although on a smaller scale, the bump seems to have the same characteristics as the larger bumps seen on previous graphs. This would lead me to guess, completely unscientifically, that some kind of traffic management system is causing the bumps, perhaps one that has not (yet) been properly configured?

On the other hand, i know nothing about this stuff, so I'm probably talking nonsense.

buckleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 21:32   #2673
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckleb View Post
the bump seems to have the same characteristics as the larger bumps seen on previous graphs. This would lead me to guess, completely unscientifically, that some kind of traffic management system is causing the bumps, perhaps one that has not (yet) been properly configured?
It doesnt have the same characteristics, theres no change in your minimum latency (green bit)

Sorry, didnt wish to shoot you down in flames
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 21:33   #2674
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

aawww...

thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 21:40   #2675
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

I love how my connection graph is better than your default gateway
Old 08-11-2012, 21:40   #2676
Wiggz
cf.addict

Wiggz is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh great...look at my gayness...

Average ping isn't bad but still..up and down more than a Bangkok hooker.

My Graph
Wiggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 21:43   #2677
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12 View Post
I love how my connection graph is better than your default gateway
you could of just said it has no bump. other than that no it isnt better
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 21:47   #2678
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Also bumpless.

Has it been fixed? If so why no explanation from VM this time. If not, what has changed on an ordinary Thursday evening?
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 21:58   #2679
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
It doesnt have the same characteristics, theres no change in your minimum latency (green bit)

I was just gonna say... "Your bump is a different colour"

---------- Post added at 21:58 ---------- Previous post was at 21:51 ----------

Crawley seems to be having it's own little bump but no congestion at the LINX end tonight.

As far as LINX is concerned most routes I see haven't been rerouted from the problem gateway so perhaps whatever was causing the overload yesterday is gone or has rerouted itself elsewhere.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 22:21   #2680
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
you could of just said it has no bump. other than that no it isnt better
plus on zero useage I have zero jitter where, even when pretty flat, the gateway has around 5ms jitter

and dont act as if the bump isnt relevant
Old 09-11-2012, 14:08   #2681
Wiggz
cf.addict

Well here's mine today...what on earth. Average is still acceptable, but look at the sea of yellow!!!

Using the superhub in Modem only mode so I thnk there is a limit to what I can get from it in terms of data, am I right?

Any ideas guys?

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Old 09-11-2012, 14:33   #2682
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Off topic posts deleted. It's not as if there's not been enough warnings over the last few months.

Back on topic
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 15:04   #2683
Wiggz
cf.addict

Nice Poppy too Kymmy.

Anyway, I think my graph looks quite bad compared to many of the others I've seen on here. Anyway I can "check" what the hell is going on. Been ages since I've needed to get into any level of digging as connection has been rock solid for years.
Old 09-11-2012, 15:25   #2684
robson689
Inactive

Services: VM 60Mbit, TiVo.
robson689 has a spectacular aura about themrobson689 has a spectacular aura about themrobson689 has a spectacular aura about themrobson689 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggz View Post
Well here's mine today...what on earth. Average is still acceptable, but look at the sea of yellow!!!

Using the superhub in Modem only mode so I thnk there is a limit to what I can get from it in terms of data, am I right?

Any ideas guys?

Mine has gone mad too :P

robson689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 15:36   #2685
buckleb
Inactive

Services: Vivid 200 Tivo 500GB
buckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

No worries, I don't regard being wrong as being shot down in flames

I was thinking more along the lines of STM causing a bump, and some kind if DPI equipment, maybe misconfigured, also doing the same thing, but as you say, the minimum ping didn't really change on that small bump. It's all very odd, but then again not the end of the world.
buckleb is offline   Reply With Quote