Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Old BT wiring

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

T-Mobile do the Full Monty with their new tariff

Old 30-01-2012, 15:49   #1
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
T-Mobile do the Full Monty with their new tariff

As of 1st February T-Mobile have a new 'full monty' tariff.

£36 a month for unlimited internet, texts and T-Mobile calls, plus 2000 minutes to other networks.

£41 a month as above but with unlimited minutes to other networks too.

http://www.theverge.com/mobile/2012/...ull-monty-plan
http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/thefu...WT.tsrc=Vanity
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-01-2012, 11:04   #2
New to cable
Permanently Banned

New to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutter
Re: T-Mobile do the Full Monty with their new tariff

Sound just like the one plan from 3

The One Plan
2000 Mins, 5000 Texts, All-You-Can Eat internet from £25/month.

For me 2000 minutes and 5000 texts may aswell be unlimited. The most I've ever used is 1100 minutes and 800 test. All though my 16 year old daughter once sent 3700 texts, shes also on the One Plan.
New to cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2012, 11:58   #3
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by New to cable View Post
Sound just like the one plan from 3

The One Plan
2000 Mins, 5000 Texts, All-You-Can Eat internet from £25/month.

For me 2000 minutes and 5000 texts may aswell be unlimited. The most I've ever used is 1100 minutes and 800 test. All though my 16 year old daughter once sent 3700 texts, shes also on the One Plan.
I thought so too - I pay £35 for the iPhone4 which includes unlimited data, 2000mins talk, 5000mins talk to other 3 phones, and 5000 texts AND tethering to the laptop and iPad!
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2012, 14:19   #4
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCambs View Post
I thought so too - I pay £35 for the iPhone4 which includes unlimited data, 2000mins talk, 5000mins talk to other 3 phones, and 5000 texts AND tethering to the laptop and iPad!
Is 3 a good network. I know it used to have pretty poor reviews. I think the tethering is the big difference. Not sure if the Full Monty plan includes it, but that's worth a few quid a month itself.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2012, 14:34   #5
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

It's worth checking both.

For instance, the costs for an iPhone 4S 16 Gig are the same on both Three and Tmobile (£99 upfront, £35 a month after), but while the Tmobile plan doesn't include extra minutes for Tmobile to Tmobile calls, it does include unlimited WiFi with BT Openzone. TBH, I wouldn't use the extra 5,000 minutes (it's doubtful I'd use the 2,000 the Tmobile deal gives), I would use the WiFi.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2012, 14:44   #6
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo View Post
Is 3 a good network. I know it used to have pretty poor reviews. I think the tethering is the big difference. Not sure if the Full Monty plan includes it, but that's worth a few quid a month itself.
I used to have Orange, and before that Virgin Mobile. Admittedly sharing of masts has gone on since I was on Virgin Mobile, but I do find reception better than Orange when I am on 3.
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2012, 14:47   #7
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
It's worth checking both.

For instance, the costs for an iPhone 4S 16 Gig are the same on both Three and Tmobile (£99 upfront, £35 a month after), but while the Tmobile plan doesn't include extra minutes for Tmobile to Tmobile calls, it does include unlimited WiFi with BT Openzone. TBH, I wouldn't use the extra 5,000 minutes (it's doubtful I'd use the 2,000 the Tmobile deal gives), I would use the WiFi.
The £41 FUll Monty tariff includes a SG2 or Iphone 4 (16gb) for free, and if you pay £29.99 you can get an Iphone 4S. The unlimited internet is not subject to any fair usage policy so it's in effect unlimited downloads. I forgot to ask if it includes Tethering - if it doesn't then T-Mobile have missed a trick.
Old 31-01-2012, 15:00   #8
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Tethering is included according to the press release.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2012, 15:33   #9
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Now all thats needed to do is pick a phone (again!).

I have an ipad2 at home so deciding whether its worth going for the 4S. I had an SG2 for a while, but not long enough to make choosing that a no brainer.

I think I will settle on the £41/tariff - currently spending @ 35 a month with a lot less minutes!
Old 31-01-2012, 20:52   #10
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
But might not work on an iPhone when it roams to orange

Doesn't on my 3gs unless I use the jailbreak mywi app, I'm on a sim-only plan but paid extra for the 1GB data upgrade which according to the FUP does allow tethering.

It's something to do with the way the iphone checks if tethering is allowed on the account I think as it works fine when the phone's on t-mobile it's just when it roams to orange I get the problem. Shouldn't affect android.etc as those don't check they just use the normal APN settings.

Be interested to hear from someone on an iphone specific plan to see if they get the same issue.
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 13:10   #11
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

I would not consider using 3,Virgin,T-Mobile or Orange until they have completed all them works with there merges and demergers of the infrastructure because everyone I know is telling me how bad they have gone, I'm sticking with Vodafone until then, O2 should be safe, but just keep me away from that Everything Everywhere-Hutchison mega network which is horrifying as it is, that is the reason why they merged, now we just have to wait for Hutchison to sell off 3 to Everything Everywhere, I can see it happening as 3 won't get the 4G spectrum bandwith it is hoping for!
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 13:35   #12
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze age
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo View Post
3 is a good network, been using it for years and i get signal where my friends dont get it such as baker street station and other places.

I wonder if this t-mobile unlimited internet is truly unlimited though like 3.
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 20:25   #13
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
3 is a good network, been using it for years and i get signal where my friends dont get it such as baker street station and other places.

I wonder if this t-mobile unlimited internet is truly unlimited though like 3.
I was using 3 for years until this year when suddenly i've been having hardly any reception indoors and outdoors and many calls just going to voicemail, also I found after the network sharing and after 3's customer base shot up, the internet is quite slow and keeps cutting out........annoying! The same happens on my flat mates T-Mobile line and as for Orange, it has always been bad.

Just think the whole Orange and T-Mobile merger as well as the network sharing with 3 is mad! Nearly 35 Million users will be using that.

I don't know whose idea it was to approve that merger, but I can see job losses on the way, an empty Orange shop and a busy T-Mobile shop in Camden within metres away can see closure written all over it, in some places i've seen new Everything Everywhere shops selling both T-Mobile,Orange and Orange Home products.

When I heard that Deutsche Telekom wanted to exit the UK mobile industry, and heard a rumour that 3 could be a possible bidder, I was hoping for that to happen as it answers all of 3's network coverage issues both 3G and 2G and operating costs, but Deutsche Telekom could not find a suitable buyer for the price it wanted for T-Mobile UK, that is why they merged with Orange.

In a year or two, I will be expecting Everything Everywhere to begin scrapping either one or both of the T-Mobile and Orange brands, as more people become familiar with the Everything Everywhere name, I wouldn't be surprised if they use that.

I also think Hutchison 3G will exit the UK mobile industry if they do not get a big enough slice of 4G spectrum, Everything Everywhere,Vodafone,O2,UK Broadband,3 and possibly BT will all be bidding for 4G licences.

Licences which will be very costly and no doubt will be passed on to us. Ofcom has also changed its proposal to make sure every network has a fair slice meaning 3 will easily be pushed out leaving us with just 3 networks to chose from. UK Broadband will not be like a mobile network operator but more of a wholesaler to other providers.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote