Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What times are retentions open?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Mugged by VM

Old 05-09-2016, 12:42   #1
footslog
Inactive

footslog is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Mugged by VM

In March this year I had several unsolicited calls from VM asking if I wanted a free upgrade for 6 months from 70MB broadband + TV 'M' (for which I pay £44.50 pm) to 100MB + TV 'XL', with the option to revert to my original package with the same monthly fee after the 6 months was up, otherwise paying £57 per month for the upgrade.

I initially declined the offer, but eventually agreed to it. Shortly afterwards, I got a letter with a new contract (for 12 months) which only gave the standard 'right to cancel within 14 days', but no mention of the opportunity to revert to the original package. I phoned VM and queried it, and was again assured I would be able to go back to my previous package at the same monthly cost after 6 months.

The free period is up on 16 September, so I phoned VM this morning and asked them to switch me back to my previous package. The person I spoke to told me there was no such deal, my contract was for 12 months and I am stuck with it. She offered to downgrade me to the broadband + TV I had before, but at £59 per month!

Did anyone else get this 'hard sell' back in March? I was lied to on more than one occasion in order to get me to agree to the new contract. Of course I have no proof now, and handily VM don't keep records of these conversations, so it's my word against theirs.

Feeling pretty annoyed right now... I was conned.
footslog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2016, 13:09   #2
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: Mugged by VM

Write to the CEO department explaining your feelings you could always (butter them up) by starting the letter with a compliment something like that you cannot believe how much VM has changed in the way they seem to be treating their customers as you have up until now felt that the company in your opinion has always been fair and upfront with their customers and never once felt conned but sadly you can no longer state that nor recommend VM, as you feel utterly disgusted with the treatment you have received of late and it is your opinion that you were conned into this as you were told that you could go back to your original package at the end of the free period as it turns out it this is not option to go back to your original package price as I have been told this is no longer an option and you cannot highlight your disgust highly enough so therefore may I request you look into this matter for myself as I am at a loss to understand why I was told that I could opt back to my original package with nothing changing including the price then for this request to be declined. Why would I agree to a package increase the answer is I wouldn't so I ask again why was I told something that clearly was not a option.

Good luck.