Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Post-Brexit Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Post-Brexit Thread
Closed Thread

Old 28-06-2016, 08:50   #601
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Telephone,TV with Tivo box & Superhub3 upto 150Mb Broadband, Sky World, & Freeview+
ntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of society
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brian View Post
Sick in the head is the best description for them. Say what you like in the privacy of your own home, and believe you me, I do, they have a right to be here. Yes some don't and will be dealt with in the proper legal manner. These 'people', for want of a better word, should be jailed for life and leave the rest of us and the immigrants to get on with it. What's next? I'm a Scot, will I be told to go forth and multiply if Scotland goes independent? Will I be an illegal immigrant in England?

---------- Post added at 08:20 ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 ----------

So what's new? Hasn't it always been that way, with the acceptance of a very few in recent years?
Well, it is time that changed because as a nation we don't have to accept that.

Some MPs do put the country first and think about the effect on the people.

Other's don't and they are the ones we need to vote out.

Considering the state we are in MPs -our decision makers - need a pay cut not a pay rise.

A fish rots from the head and it is clear that in general we have a corrupt, self-seeking government which sets a poor example to others. All the allowances and expenses available to MPs need to be massively reduced and they need to do what the rest of us do i.e. spend our own money.

Things need to change and quickly.

---------- Post added at 08:50 ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
This is the big problem today that all politicians seem to have.

They don't serve the people or the country, they serve themselves - hence this is where we find ourself in a split country, with both main political parties self destructing.
Agreed. We really do need politicians who put the country first not their own self-interests.
Advertisement
Old 28-06-2016, 08:55   #602
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brian View Post
Sick in the head is the best description for them. Say what you like in the privacy of your own home, and believe you me, I do, they have a right to be here. Yes some don't and will be dealt with in the proper legal manner. These 'people', for want of a better word, should be jailed for life and leave the rest of us and the immigrants to get on with it. What's next? I'm a Scot, will I be told to go forth and multiply if Scotland goes independent? Will I be an illegal immigrant in England?

---------- Post added at 08:20 ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 ----------

So what's new? Hasn't it always been that way, with the acceptance of a very few in recent years?

No, not to the extent it is now, sure politicians have always been a breed apart... but now, they're almost traitorous to their country, it's a big step change.
Old 28-06-2016, 09:32   #603
RBMark

Anyone watching Skynews?

It seems the EU has woken up, it's heard us but a bit to late....

---------- Post added at 09:32 ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 ----------

Juncker says we are "slaves to the financial markets" an as far as London goes that's true.

Last edited by RBMark; 28-06-2016 at 09:26.

Old 28-06-2016, 09:52   #604
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

We don't need to settle for the same sort of deal as Norway or Switzerland. We are at the bigger and better end of European countries. We are more of an equal to the likes of Germany or France. It is essential that we realise and take account of our true worth. The rest of the EU has a lot to lose without our cooperation.
Old 28-06-2016, 09:58   #605
RBMark

It's becoming increasingly obvious that the EU/EC our government , remain voters, pollsters, journalists, never looked outside of London when asking about Brexit.

The EU seems to have just realised Britian is not just London and the banks.

Old 28-06-2016, 10:07   #606
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

The rout of the markets has stopped for now thankfully. Hopefully things calm down and any recession isn't too prolonged at least until we know what our relationship with Europe will be. Unfortunately the pound isn't exactly rebounding so imports and petrol will still see price rises unless it increases in the coming days.
Old 28-06-2016, 10:19   #607
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBMark View Post
It's becoming increasingly obvious that the EU/EC our government , remain voters, pollsters, journalists, never looked outside of London when asking about Brexit.

I wonder when the UK Government and opposition will realise the same?
Old 28-06-2016, 10:59   #608
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Looks like Sterling has hit the bottom for now. So at least there is that.
You could have posted that in the Euro 2016 thread too!
Old 28-06-2016, 11:06   #609
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

This is getting out of hand.
Old 28-06-2016, 11:46   #610
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Telephone,TV with Tivo box & Superhub3 upto 150Mb Broadband, Sky World, & Freeview+
ntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of society

Quote:

Unfortunately, Dave did too and he communicated that restricted view to EU leaders. No wonder they are shocked when the leave vote won.

It's a shame the EU cannot come up with a package that will keep the UK trading with Europe in a way that solves the problems of a conflicted nation and meets the needs of both remain and leave voters, as well as restoring good relations with our friends from the EU.

It's a pity Mrs Merkel did not help David "naughty nephew" Cameron as he has paid the price for trying to push through an EU policy to an unhappy British public.

The EU needs reform. We know that. They know that. We, the general public, are not looking for a special deal just for ourselves but a better deal for all the EU countries as there are people there who are just as unhappy as we are, as the Euro MP elections showed.

One of the clinchers for me was a French guy interviewed on television somewhere in the UK who when asked what the UK should do said we should leave. I wonder if Francoise Hollande was listening?

There is massive discontent across Europe and the EU needs to stop being in denial and start listening. Then they need to act to address the problems hightlighted. It's not rocket science. It's common sense if you want the UK and the EU to be happy, peaceful, fairer and prosperous places.
Old 28-06-2016, 11:55   #611
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

After consideration, I'll admit to being wrong.

Earlier I felt it would be better to hold off on triggering Article 50

I think given a sensible populace & politicians that would still be the right thing to do.

given that all of our politicians are turning out to be twunts of the highest order, I hope they invoke it PDQ.

I have a real concern that it may never get pressed if the new guy kicks it into the long grass or if somehow someway there's a GE and it just gets sidelined.

Cameron screwed up by not hitting it asap the voting ended, ain't hindsight a wonderful thing.

As for the rest, we'll have to wait and see, hopefully my gut is misleading me.
Old 28-06-2016, 12:40   #612
Big Brian
Inactive

Big Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really nice

Quote:
Did you read the comment and then the link? It wasn't racist it was Polish on Polish drunken fight.
No sorry had to dash out but I thought you were referring to the News article at the weekend. That'll teach me to read.
Old 28-06-2016, 12:49   #613
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

Since there were over 16 million Remain voters, and around 4 million Remain voters in London, that part of your statement is invalid.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 28-06-2016, 13:39   #614
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Where's all the bad EU news gone eh? This temporary hysteria seems to have blinded a lot of folks about what the other option was and what's going on over there. The other option wasn't common sense or sound economics, it was remaining tethered to a broken club run by someone called Juncker who even now is plumbing the depths of credibility and still won't accept he and his ilk are to blame for steering the EU towards break-up.

If we'd voted the other way there'd no doubt have been a temporary positive blip the other way and thereafter things would have gone back to basics and the markets would have crashed every time there was more bad news from Spain, Italy, Greece etc.

Honestly, to listen to some people you'd have thought 2007/8 (or any of the other financial crises) have never happened and this was a first. The markets were expecting us to remain in and when they realised they'd got it wrong, the result was a correction in the already well overvalued stock market and a fall in Sterling due to the resulting uncertainty. Contrary to what some people are saying, this really isn't the end of civilisation and no we're not going to see gangs of union flagged thugs roaming the streets of our towns and cities beating up all foreign people. After the short term fear and emotions have settled a little, things will be sorted out. The reason? Well because sorting them out is in everyone's interests and even the likes of Juncker won't be able to resist. Is anyone really telling me that the Germans will sacrifice their car industry to hurt the UK? Is anyone really telling me the Spanish will want to stop all those Euro-spending UK holidaymakers propping up their decimated economy? It isn't going to happen and all that's going on right now is a largely media driven frenzy which has more to do with filling airtime/pages than anything else. A few days ago it was the Jo Cox murder dominating our news media, before that it was football hooliganism, before that migration, Syria, Isis, the Ukraine etc. etc. etc. The media may not make the news but they certainly do determine how they present it, what balance they apply and how much detail they go into. What we all know for sure is that 24hr rolling news has an insatiable appetite and the more they can stoke up feelings/emotions/fears etc. the more there is for them to report.

Seriously some folks need to calm down and remember that markets rise and fall - take a look at where the FTSE has been over the last few years and put this all into perspective. Right now the weak pound is making our exports and visiting the UK as cheap as chips, so it's not all doom and gloom. Once reality sets in, the markets will once again start taking stock of what's going on in the EU and suddenly the UK will look a better bet and Sterling will rise. FGS this is what happens in world markets all the time. I dare say when it does there'll be people whining about that too however...

Last edited by Osem; 28-06-2016 at 15:37.
Old 28-06-2016, 13:52   #615
Big Brian
Inactive

Big Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Where's all the bad EU news gone eh? This temporary hysteria seems to have blinded a lot of folks about what the other option was and what's going on over there. The other option wasn't common sense or sound economics, it was remaining tethered to a broken club run by someone called Juncker who even now is plumbing the depths of credibility and still won't accept he and his ilk are to blame for steering the EU towards break-up.

If we'd voted the other way there'd no doubt have been a temporary positive blip the other way and thereafter things would have goner back to basics and the markets would have crashed every time there was more bad news from Spain, Italy, Greece etc.

Honestly, to listen to some people you'd have thought 2007/8 (or any of the other financial crises) have never happened and this was a first. The markets were expecting us to remain in and when they realised they'd got it wrong, the result was a correction in the already well overvalued stock market and a fall in Sterling due to the resulting uncertainty. Contrary to what some people are saying, this really isn't the end of civilisation and no we're not going to see gangs of union flagged thugs roaming the streets of our towns and cities beating up all foreign people. After the short term fear and emotions have settled a little, things will be sorted out. The reason? Well because sorting them out is in everyone's interests and even the likes of Juncker won't be able to resist. Is anyone really telling me that the Germans will sacrifice their car industry to hurt the UK? Is anyone really telling me the Spanish will want to stop all those Euro-spending UK holiday makers propping up their decimated economy? It isn't going to happen and all that's going on right now is a largely media driven frenzy which has more to do with filling airtime/pages than anything else. A few days ago it was the Jo Cox murder dominating our news media, before that it was football hooliganism, before that migration, Syria, Isis, the Ukraine etc. etc. etc.

Seriously some folks need to calm down and remember that markets rise and fall - take a look at where the FTSE has been over the last few years and put this all into perspective.
Right now the weak pound is making our exports and visiting the UK as cheap as chips, so it's not all doom and gloom. Once reality sets in, the markets will once again start taking stock of what's going on in the EU and suddenly the UK will look a better bet and Sterling will rise. FGS this is what happens in world markets all the time. I dare say when it does there'll be people whining about that too however...
Aye just wish they'd get on with it now and get us the hell out altogether. I'm feart the new Government will try to scupper it and I think Cameron is hoping that too. Let's do it now!
Closed Thread