Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Operation Yewtree

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Operation Yewtree

Old 26-04-2013, 18:32   #811
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
re: Operation Yewtree

Quote:
Max Clifford charged with 11 indecent assaults

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-...cent-assaults/
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-04-2013, 20:37   #812
spreadsheet
cf.geek

Services: virgin internet / sky TV
spreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to all

They're all at it!!!!
spreadsheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 15:28   #813
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Police have arrested a 72 year old man as part of the Yewtree investigation. My mate in the news dept has given me a name that's doing the rounds....*jaw drops*

("jaw drops" is not meant to be any sort of clue by the way, it was just my reaction at what was said)
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 15:47   #814
Vieil Homme
Inactive

Vieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Police have arrested a 72 year old man as part of the Yewtree investigation. My mate in the news dept has given me a name that's doing the rounds....*jaw drops*

("jaw drops" is not meant to be any sort of clue by the way, it was just my reaction at what was said)
Not surprised now awaiting a statement or a flash on Sky News........ how the mighty are falling.
Vieil Homme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:48   #815
Vieil Homme
Inactive

Vieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud of

Its now been some time and I haven't seen the name on sky! don't tell me the Police are acting correctly and not releasing the name until charged. Radio One are doing well
Old 07-06-2013, 09:39   #816
Vieil Homme
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Name and article here

Looks like another McAlpine moment.
Now that would be breaking news but way off the mark. I think its good a persons name is not be released until charged. He lives in a homeless shelter hence how the mighty have fallen and Radio One are doing well. I will say no more nudge nudge...but how could they think Cliff Richard
Old 07-06-2013, 09:43   #817
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Name and article here

Looks like another McAlpine moment.
That was the name I saw the other day.

---------- Post added at 09:43 ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vieil Homme View Post
Now that would be breaking news but way off the mark. I think its good a persons name is not be released until charged. He lives in a homeless shelter hence how the mighty have fallen and Radio One are doing well. I will say no more nudge nudge...but how could they think Cliff Richard
The guy they did arrest has been named:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:00   #818
Vieil Homme
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The guy they did arrest has been named:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml
That took some time for his name to hit the headlines, mind you it took ages for the page to come-up there must be lots of people viewing the page. Good find

Still not on Sky News But Bill Roache is.....
Old 17-06-2013, 20:13   #819
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-22932222

Quote:
BBC broadcaster Stuart Hall has been sentenced to 15 months in jail for sexually abusing girls.
Hall, 83, of Wilmslow, Cheshire, admitted 14 offences that occurred between 1967 and 1985.
would have thought a bigger sentence was in order myself but the judges hands are tied with sentencing guidlines

Quote:
The judge said for most of Hall's offences the maximum sentence at the time they were committed was two years, but the remainder carried a potential term of five years.
He added: "The maximum sentence for this type of offence has been significantly increased, since these offences were committed, to 10 years."
The attorney general's office said it had already had a "small number" of requests to review the sentence to determine if it was "unduly lenient".
Old 17-06-2013, 20:59   #820
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

He'll be out by Christmas
Old 17-06-2013, 21:07   #821
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
He'll be out by Christmas
To be honest i think it will finish him off given his age
Old 17-06-2013, 21:26   #822
spreadsheet
cf.geek

Services: virgin internet / sky TV
spreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
To be honest i think it will finish him off given his age
serve the arrogant man right
spreadsheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 21:30   #823
martyh

Quote:
His barrister Crispin Aylett, in mitigation, told the court the former broadcaster had "all of 13" victims compared to Jimmy Savile's 1,300.
comes to something when abusing 13 kids can be used as mitigation because it was not as large a victim count as Savilles
Old 18-06-2013, 05:43   #824
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Should have heard the language I used when I heard the sentence. Not good enough, I think someone said it was something like either 2 weeks or 2 months per victim. Apparently the Attorney General is going to ask for a review of the sentence, which I hope happens. Just because he admitted it shouldn't mean he gets a light sentence. Up to me, I'd give him the maximum for each offence and make him serve them consecutively, so he rots in jail.

I hope some con gets to him.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 06:47   #825
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post

I hope some con gets to him.
We can hope.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote