Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Which Sky Atlantic Show

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Which Sky Atlantic Show
View Poll Results: What new or returning Sky Atlantic show are you most looking forward to.
Boardwalk Empire 8 29.63%
Blue Bloods 3 11.11%
The Borgias 1 3.70%
Game of thrones 14 51.85%
Friday night lights 1 3.70%
Hit and Miss 2 7.41%
Mad men 2 7.41%
Luck 3 11.11%
Game Change 0 0%
Falcon 0 0%
Seinfeld 1 3.70%
House of lies 0 0%
Smash 1 3.70%
Other show 3 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20-04-2012, 22:04   #121
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Which Sky Atlantic Show

Sky Atlantic commissions two cycling docs from Twofour

Quote:
Sky Atlantic has commissioned Twofour Productions to produce two documentaries focusing on the world of cycling, following some of the most high profile names in the sport.

Six-part series British Cycling: Road To Glory (working title) and Bradley Wiggins: Tour of Duty (working title, 1 x 90’) have been commissioned by Celia Taylor, Sky’s head of Factual and will be executive produced by Andrew Mackenzie and Bridget Sneyd at Twofour Productions and Clare Handford at Sky.
http://www.televisual.com/news-detai..._nid-1508.html
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-04-2012, 05:19   #122
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Sky Atlantic commissions two cycling docs from Twofour

http://www.televisual.com/news-detai..._nid-1508.html
Well no surprise there as Sky are the sponsors of the cycling team but nevertheless they should be interesting to watch in time when we finally get this channel.
Old 21-04-2012, 08:02   #123
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Of the shows on that list The Borgias was actually the best one that I saw closely followed by Luck. I have S1 and S2 so far of Game of Thrones recorded but haven't seen it yet.
LexDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2012, 08:55   #124
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

We've just started to watch Game of Thrones over the last few nights & I have to say I'm really enjoying it!

I didn't think it would be my cup of tea at all but it's certainly won me over.
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2012, 09:15   #125
LexDiamond
Inactive

LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
We've just started to watch Game of Thrones over the last few nights & I have to say I'm really enjoying it!

I'm hopefully making a start today but I have been away from home for three weeks so have alot of catching up to do
Old 21-04-2012, 09:39   #126
Doz007
cf.geek

Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

I can imagine mate, I haven't been away at all but I've still got loads of things to watch just from downloading entire seasons of shows from Anytime+.
Old 21-04-2012, 09:40   #127
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post

Yes l bought the series on dvd and l have to say it is a magnificent series and it looks like l will have to wait for the second series to be released on dvd as alas the masters powers are not what they once seemed.
Old 21-04-2012, 09:48   #128
Doz007
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes l bought the series on dvd and l have to say it is a magnificent series and it looks like l will have to wait for the second series to be released on dvd as alas the masters powers are not what they once seemed.
I've just watched episode 6 of season 1 so I've still got quite a way to go.

I've just had a look on Anytime+ and all the aired episodes of Season 2 are on there in HD along side Season 1 so if you do move to Sky TV, you won't be waiting around for the DVD release. You may even want to re watch the first season so you can see just how great it looks in High Definition.
Old 01-05-2012, 22:39   #129
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Girls to air in the UK this September

Quote:
Acclaimed HBO drama Girls will begin airing in the UK this September*on Sky Atlantic.
Lena Dunham’s series has been hailed as a triumph by critics in the US since its launch last month, and was also recently described as “extraordinarily fresh” by Radio Times critic Jack Seale.
The show follows the assorted humiliations, disasters and triumphs of a group of 20-something girls - Hannah, Marnie and cousins Jessa and Shoshanna - who all live in New York.
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-...this-september
Old 11-05-2012, 09:31   #130
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Sky Atlantic adapting Scandinavian drama The Bridge for Britain

Quote:
With BBC4’s latest Scandinavian crime buy-in The Bridge in full swing, RadioTimes.com can confirm that production companies Kudos and Canal+ are in the process of developing a new version of the series for Sky Atlantic.
A spokesperson for Kudos said “We can confirm we are in development with Sky and Canal+ on a format loosely based on The Bridge," while a statement from the satellite broadcaster described the proposed series as "a complex crime drama… set against the machinations of European politics.”
Kudos is part of News Corp production company Shine, which also owns Filmlance, the Swedish producer of The Bridge.*
The original series sees police officers from Sweden and Denmark collaborating on a case, following the discovery of a body on the Oresund Bridge which links the two countries.
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-...ge-for-britain
Old 18-05-2012, 10:49   #131
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Alan Partridge returns to TV on Sky Atlantic

Quote:
Sky Atlantic HD is to air several new Alan Partridge comedy programmes following a new deal The deal has been struck between Baby Cow Productions and Sky to produce a number of specials featuring Steve Coogan’s most famous character Alan Partridge, alongside other Baby Cow projects. Alan Partridge: Welcome To The Places Of My Life and Alan Partridge On Open Books With Martin Bryce form two new one-hour specials which will air in June. A special re-edited series Mid Morning Matters will also be shown on Sky Atlantic HD later in the month. A second series will then air in 2013.
http://www.atvtoday.co.uk/alan-partr...tlantic372737/
Old 18-05-2012, 10:58   #132
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:

Thanks MM. Cant wait for this to air
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2012, 11:02   #133
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:

Not good news for the majority then.
Old 18-05-2012, 11:12   #134
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Not good news for the majority then.
The majority who come to this section are Sky users (you being the exception) all of which are free to watch it if they choose.
Old 18-05-2012, 12:06   #135
LexDiamond
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Thanks MM. Cant wait for this to air

Same. Used to love his work.