Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 50 megs in london

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

50 megs in london

Old 06-01-2009, 13:35   #16
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: 50 megs in london

Quote:
Originally Posted by toufas View Post
its camden then i suppose (i am in hampstead to be exact) but the council is camden :P
Our IP log says you're connected to Camden, ex-Telewest.

---------- Post added at 13:35 ---------- Previous post was at 13:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesonmedhurst View Post
A quick question, are you sure Croydon has been enabled? As I am in the Croydon area and when i use the postcode checker it tells me 50mb is not yet available. I admit I haven't yet embarked on the nightmare of trying to speak to customer services.

Does anybody have 50mb up and running in the Croydon area?
... and you're connected to Hersham, ex-NTL.

This info might help one of our VM staff members identify whether your areas are up for 50meg any time soon.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2009, 20:31   #17
Pushkar
Inactive

Pushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nice

Im in the Croydon area, I didn't sign up to the 50mb right now because of the bumper £80 activation fee/installation right now, but it is deffo enabled.
Pushkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 22:36   #18
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

50 meg is available in the ex-Telewest Croydon areas, but not the ex-NTL areas with CR postcodes (Banstead, Warlingham and Caterham).
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:00   #19
toufas
Inactive

toufas is an unknown quantity at this point

just a heads up,my area has 50mbit now, and the installation date is next monday
toufas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 18:14   #20
leesonmedhurst
Inactive

leesonmedhurst is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by toufas View Post
just a heads up,my area has 50mbit now, and the installation date is next monday
Hi Toufas, where abouts are you?
leesonmedhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 18:25   #21
toufas
Inactive

toufas is an unknown quantity at this point

camden is my virgin area (i live in hampstead)
toufas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 19:38   #22
Octal
Inactive

Octal is a jewel in the roughOctal is a jewel in the roughOctal is a jewel in the roughOctal is a jewel in the roughOctal is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via Yahoo to Octal

50 Megs? It would be nice to get the 10 Meg I paid for.
Octal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:32   #23
Efour
Inactive

Efour is just really niceEfour is just really niceEfour is just really niceEfour is just really niceEfour is just really niceEfour is just really nice

agreed NE/East London is FUBAR and has been for 2 years now.

Needs major investment not more pressure from 50Mbit

Its terrible when you cant even stream a youtube vid or BBCi ptogram in the evenings.

Considering the population/ammount of customers in the area im amazed its still so bad.

I downgraded from 20 to 10mbit and i havent noticed any difference except more money in my pocket.

Hope they do something about this soon.
Efour is offline   Reply With Quote