Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | sky sports red button

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

sky sports red button

Old 03-02-2011, 09:33   #91
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: sky sports red button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
you know what... I give up!
Stop shouting I am trying to sleep down here.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2011, 09:34   #92
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
Stop shouting I am trying to sleep down here.
ha ha
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:45   #93
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

The fact is if you give a date keep to it not mess the customer around all the time thats all we ask.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:49   #94
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
The fact is if you give a date keep to it not mess the customer around all the time thats all we ask.
You have a date, denphone! You've been given a launch window, but you still moan!
Old 03-02-2011, 09:53   #95
whizzard
Inactive

Services: VM TiVo & V+ XL TV / XL Telephone / XL 30Mb Broadband with Super Hub
whizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to all

If you fall through the mattress then they'll see you in the Spring. If they don't see you through the week, they'll see you through the window
whizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:13   #96
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

Quote:
You have a date, denphone! You've been given a launch window, but you still moan!
All i can see is that it says 2011 - 2012 Barclays premiership matches and UEFA champions league matches will be available, thats **** poor really, add to this that Sky Arts HD was coming soon and it didnt with no explanation why... Well its been said before, for a communications company they are terrible at communicating.
DaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:26   #97
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMac View Post
All i can see is that it says 2011 - 2012 Barclays premiership matches and UEFA champions league matches will be available, thats **** poor really, add to this that Sky Arts HD was coming soon and it didnt with no explanation why... Well its been said before, for a communications company they are terrible at communicating.
you need to read it in full

---------- Post added at 10:26 ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
It would appear that red button will not be with us in any shape until May time and will not be fully functional until August, that is a lot longer than I expected to wait, how disappointing!
http://www.virginmediapeople.com/pricingguide/#top
Not true. it will be fully functional in Late Spring, but the RB launching in a few weeks.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:52   #98
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

Not true. it will be fully functional in Late Spring, but the RB launching in a few weeks.
Thanks for clarifying Df, it is a bit confusing the way it is written. That is good news then.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:55   #99
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying Df, it is a bit confusing the way it is written. That is good news then.
I know, you do have to read it twice
Old 03-02-2011, 11:00   #100
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
I know, you do have to read it twice
Believe me I have,several times, after SP said I should read it again ,but I still came to the same conclusion, you have clarified it now thanks again.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:03   #101
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Believe me I have,several times, after SP said I should read it again ,but I still came to the same conclusion, you have clarified it now thanks again.
It's marketing speak... they are always on another planet he he
Old 03-02-2011, 11:08   #102
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Quote:
It's marketing speak... they are always on another planet he he
They could do with a course from The Plain English society in VM marketing dept then. As they are struggling to get the right message across.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:13   #103
mersey70
Inactive

Services: TV M, L BB, Sky+ HD
mersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant future

Quote:

Is there anything i'm missing re Sky Arts HD, as you advise I am pretty sure I have read their statements on this in full over the last 6 months.

---------- Post added at 11:13 ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 ----------

Quote:
They could do with a course from The Plain English society in VM marketing dept then. As they are struggling to get the right message across.
Sky's website is a bit of a maze, and as for BT!!

Corporate gobbledegook from all three, i'm sure I am guilty of it too.
mersey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:14   #104
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mersey70 View Post
Is there anything i'm missing re Sky Arts HD, as you advise I am pretty sure I have read their statements on this in full over the last 6 months.

---------- Post added at 11:13 ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 ----------

Sky's website is a bit of a maze, and as for BT!!

Corporate goggledegook from all three, i'm sure I am guilty of it too.
No further info at the moment, Mersey. Sorry.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:19   #105
mersey70
Inactive

Services: TV M, L BB, Sky+ HD
mersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant future

Quote:
No further info at the moment, Mersey. Sorry.
Cheers DF, hopefully April then when the prices rise. As you quite rightly say if we want more content we should expect to pay more, and I will.
mersey70 is offline   Reply With Quote