Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | sky sports red button

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

sky sports red button

Old 02-05-2011, 14:30   #901
Twig The Wonder
Inactive

Twig The Wonder is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: sky sports red button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
I'm pretty sure you'll probably find that it's Sky who are coding the red button software..................Then they'll start working on getting it up and running on the TiVo boxes, although I'd hope that it'll be easier for them to code for Flash.
Thanks for the explanation Lew, it has clafified me a bit, and too be honest made me feel a bit better and more confident that we will see a pretty good Red button service when fully functional.

I expect we will see a few events, and as the months roll on, we will get access to more and more with greater funtionality, until the new footy season starts, when hopefully it will be all systems go!

Thanks again
Twig The Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2011, 14:54   #902
gers
Inactive

gers can only hope to improve
Re: sky sports red button

Quote:
Originally Posted by gers View Post
When it's fully launched I would like to see it for all sports as Iwatch more than just footy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mersey70 View Post
Sadly even us Sky punters don't even get it for all sports! Only EPL and UCL have it with the occasional La Liga match, Scottish and Football League matches are not covered let alone all other sports.

I am sure when it fully launches on VM you will get at least a comparable service to what Sky provided on their own platform when the deal was signed.
They should give sky customers all sports red button content
gers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 14:58   #903
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

Just tried it on my parents' SA V+ box. The multiscreen app loads OK and I can select the 4 different streams (which actually look quite good quality for SD streams), but I can't select the "Stats" or "Draw" options. I can't select them with the cursor keys and pressing the relevant number on the keypad does nothing.
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 15:01   #904
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Just tried it on my parents' SA V+ box. The multiscreen app loads OK and I can select the 4 different streams (which actually look quite good quality for SD streams), but I can't select the "Stats" or "Draw" options. I can't select them with the cursor keys and pressing the relevant number on the keypad does nothing.
Might need a little reboot?
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 15:04   #905
mersey70
Inactive

Services: TV M, L BB, Sky+ HD
mersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by gers View Post
They should give sky customers all sports red button content
By they I assume you mean BSkyB?

None of us have any facts to say they haven't, it could merely be technical reasons why they are not currently available now.

Or it could be a business decision by VM having not been ready to provide it to Tivo customers.

I honestly think it is high time VM customers stopped assuming everything is down to Sky. Let's face it you now have 16 of Sky's own branded HD channels and now even the red button.

The old argument of Sky hogging things is something I find boring now, maybe it's time VM customers started questioning their own provider more than BSkyB.

Nevertheless no one ever said a full red button service would launch right now, i'm sure it will though soon.
mersey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 15:04   #906
gers
Inactive

gers can only hope to improve

There is a slight delay when I do it
gers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 15:17   #907
Lew
Inactive

Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Might need a little reboot?
Already done that.
Old 02-05-2011, 15:17   #908
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

I have left feedback on the Help and support forum on my experience with Sky Sports Red Button. They are going to pass my comments on.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 15:26   #909
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

DF you might want to pass onto the guy that drew the red box that he's not got it quite right yet :p
Mobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 15:38   #910
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
DF you might want to pass onto the guy that drew the red box that he's not got it quite right yet :p
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 15:49   #911
Lew
Inactive

I wonder what STB those pics are from. On my parents' SA V+ the red box fits the video streams correctly.
Old 02-05-2011, 15:50   #912
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
I wonder what STB those pics are from. On my parents' SA V+ the red box fits the video streams correctly.
As it does on my box.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 16:03   #913
squealy
Inactive

Services: V+, XL TV, Sky Sports/Movies, M broadband and phone
squealy is a glorious beacon of lightsquealy is a glorious beacon of lightsquealy is a glorious beacon of lightsquealy is a glorious beacon of lightsquealy is a glorious beacon of lightsquealy is a glorious beacon of lightsquealy is a glorious beacon of light

The red box stayed on the screen when I chose stream 4. Samsung V+ box. Not that bothered myself as I was just trying it out during half-time in the Scottish football, but it could do with sorting.
squealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 16:04   #914
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Mine is a tick tocking SA V+ box >
Mobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 16:17   #915
jamiec21
cf.member

Services: V+ TV: XL and Sports HD; BB: L
jamiec21 is a jewel in the roughjamiec21 is a jewel in the roughjamiec21 is a jewel in the roughjamiec21 is a jewel in the roughjamiec21 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Samsung V+
jamiec21 is offline   Reply With Quote