Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | sky sports red button

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

sky sports red button

Old 30-03-2011, 15:55   #301
Mr-S
Permanently Banned

Mr-S can only hope to improve
Re: sky sports red button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
I'll get it for you... give me a minute...

---------- Post added at 15:40 ---------- Previous post was at 15:38 ----------

http://www.virginmediapeople.com/pri...fault.aspx#top

No mention of Mid-March as far as I can see?

I've already given clues to the launch earlier in the thread
Then I stand corrected on Mid-March... must have gotten confused with what I read in forums and the info on the website.

However no mention of Spanish Football concerns me as does late Spring as a launch? That could read to me Late May/early June and the football season is over and I've been waiting for this since summer to launch when press release first came out.
Mr-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-03-2011, 15:58   #302
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-S View Post
Then I stand corrected on Mid-March... must have gotten confused with what I read in forums and the info on the website.

However no mention of Spanish Football concerns me as does late Spring as a launch? That could read to me Late May/early June and the football season is over and I've been waiting for this since summer to launch when press release first came out.
Before Easter you should have red button

the late spring is for phase 2 of the launch when more content is added to it.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2011, 16:04   #303
Mr-S
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Before Easter you should have red button

the late spring is for phase 2 of the launch when more content is added to it.
Thanks for that so then I should take it that Spanish Football is planned for Red button either this season or in a later phase or not?
Old 30-03-2011, 16:10   #304
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-S View Post
Thanks for that so then I should take it that Spanish Football is planned for Red button either this season or in a later phase or not?
Not sure on Spanish football TBH, should know more once launched.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2011, 16:22   #305
Mr-S
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Not sure on Spanish football TBH, should know more once launched.
Mmm... if the online tests that they have done this season showing Live La Liga via their website doesnt bode well... fingers crossed thats not the case.
Old 03-04-2011, 18:23   #306
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

The following is from an Virgin Media viewer who PM me that they have been given an launch date for the Sky Sports Red Button launch.

Quote:
Told on good authority mate 28th of april for the red button on sky
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 21:58   #307
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

what will we get by the red button will we get all the football matches they put on through red button and all matches on match choice?
wwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:44   #308
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Angry Re: sky sports red button

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwe View Post
what will we get by the red button will we get all the football matches they put on through red button and all matches on match choice?
l suspect we will get a very watered down version of the red button knowing Virgin.

---------- Post added at 05:44 ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
The following is from an Virgin Media viewer who PM me that they have been given an launch date for the Sky Sports Red Button launch.
Well first we were told january then march and then before easter and now after easter and probably a watered down version to boot.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:00   #309
The Yank
Inactive

Services: VIP(300BB) 2xV6 Boxes
The Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l suspect we will get a very watered down version of the red button knowing Virgin.

---------- Post added at 05:44 ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 ----------

Well first we were told january then march and then before easter and now after easter and probably a watered down version to boot.
as I have never seen the Sky Sports Red button in action I have NO idea what to expect. My daughter has Sky but sports are banned on her TV
The Yank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:25   #310
mersey70
Inactive

Services: TV M, L BB, Sky+ HD
mersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yank View Post
as I have never seen the Sky Sports Red button in action I have NO idea what to expect. My daughter has Sky but sports are banned on her TV
During a live English Premier League match there are options on commentary, stats and the likes. For me this option isn't that compelling but....

On Saturdays (if there has been a EPL round of games) at 10.15 a mosaic is available and you can watch the full 90 minutes of all the days games. You also get this sometimes if there was a round of midweek games too.

Similarly during the group stages of the UCL a mosaic is available but that is to choose a live games which otherwise are not all available on the main channels.

This weekend red button was available for Golf, three tournaments were available to watch live which again were not all available on the main channels.

There are loads more options but that is just a taste of what is available.

It will be a great addition, well worth the wait and it will add real value to a sports subscription.
mersey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:14   #311
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Angry Re: sky sports red button

Quote:
Originally Posted by mersey70 View Post
During a live English Premier League match there are options on commentary, stats and the likes. For me this option isn't that compelling but....

On Saturdays (if there has been a EPL round of games) at 10.15 a mosaic is available and you can watch the full 90 minutes of all the days games. You also get this sometimes if there was a round of midweek games too.

Similarly during the group stages of the UCL a mosaic is available but that is to choose a live games which otherwise are not all available on the main channels.

This weekend red button was available for Golf, three tournaments were available to watch live which again were not all available on the main channels.

It will be a great addition, well worth the wait and it will add real value to a sports subscription.
Lets just hope and pray we get it soon.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 13:58   #312
The Yank
Inactive

Services: VIP(300BB) 2xV6 Boxes
The Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really nice

Quote:

thanks for the reply
The Yank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 14:14   #313
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

I would go along with all that.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 14:55   #314
pauldavies83
Inactive

pauldavies83 is on a distinguished roadpauldavies83 is on a distinguished road

One thing to add on the CL games - goal alert.

When a goal goes in (if you are watching one of the red button feeds) in a game other than the one you are watching, a flash appears at the bottom and you can switch to see a replay of the goal.
pauldavies83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:18   #315
RamJet
Inactive

RamJet will become famous soon enoughRamJet will become famous soon enoughRamJet will become famous soon enough

I've been away - any news on the sky sports red button?
RamJet is offline   Reply With Quote