Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | sky sports red button

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

sky sports red button

Old 15-02-2011, 20:09   #166
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Re: sky sports red button

Asked Virgin by e mail how much I would be a month if I dropped my tv package and had phone and bb only. As an aside I asked when red button was coming? Reply was £32.99 and that they weren't aware that the red button was coming to virgin!! What the freak is that about?
Henkesghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-02-2011, 18:55   #167
RamJet
Inactive

RamJet will become famous soon enoughRamJet will become famous soon enoughRamJet will become famous soon enough

looks like your CS agent not up to speed. from VM's website ( sorry if quoted before)

"We’re giving you more control with Sky Sports red button.

Soon it will be even easier to catch your team on telly, thanks to the Sky Sports red button.
If they’re not showing on the main channel, all you need to do is press the red button on your remote control, and Bob’s your uncle, you can scroll through all the games and select your side. It’ll work for all 2011-2012 Barclays Premier League matches, plus any UEFA Champions League match, ATP tennis, US Open, Heineken Cup and more. Plus, your clever red button unlocks loads of news and stats, too. And an extra bonus, from late spring you can use it to track down smaller sports events, games or highlights, too. Just keep an eye out for the red button appearing on your Sky Sports premium channels. Nice one!"
RamJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2011, 19:17   #168
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
Asked Virgin by e mail how much I would be a month if I dropped my tv package and had phone and bb only. As an aside I asked when red button was coming? Reply was £32.99 and that they weren't aware that the red button was coming to virgin!! What the freak is that about?
It sounds like the person you spoke to isn't clued up on their products. Maybe their first week on the job?
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2011, 20:39   #169
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
It sounds like the person you spoke to isn't clued up on their products. Maybe their first week on the job?

Was via their feedback form that they issue, the reply was in writing. So unless they use newbies to reply to feedback? Nah wouldn't have thought so either. Kind worrying don't u think?
Old 16-02-2011, 21:06   #170
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
Was via their feedback form that they issue, the reply was in writing. So unless they use newbies to reply to feedback? Nah wouldn't have thought so either. Kind worrying don't u think?
I filled in a feedback form about ESPNA HD last July 2010 and got a reply that turned out to be from India,telling me that it would be starting on the 7th August, However, this was totally false as we all know and when I complained all I was told was that the person who wrote the reply was using the info from 2009 when ESPN HD launched and ESPNA was relaunched. I would just put it down to human error.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 17:26   #171
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

http://www.sky.com/shop/sports/home/...y-virginmedia/

Interesting sky state some interactive service available from 2011 , which suggests not a full service.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 17:31   #172
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post

Interesting sky state some interactive service available from 2011 , which suggests not a full service.
Yes, I mentioned this the other day to DF...

I think (sadly for you footie fans) that the "extended highlights of the Barclays Premier League" WON'T be on VM.....
Mobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 17:37   #173
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post

I think (sadly for you footie fans) that the "extended highlights of the Barclays Premier League" WON'T be on VM.....
Something will be withheld you can bet.
Old 18-02-2011, 17:37   #174
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Soon it will be even easier to catch your team on telly, thanks to the Sky Sports red button.
If they’re not showing on the main channel, all you need to do is press the red button on your remote control, and Bob’s your uncle, you can scroll through all the games and select your side. It’ll work for all 2011-2012 Barclays Premier League matches, plus any UEFA Champions League match, ATP tennis, US Open, Heineken Cup and more. Plus, your clever red button unlocks loads of news and stats, too. And an extra bonus, from late spring you can use it to track down smaller sports events, games or highlights, too. Just keep an eye out for the red button appearing on your Sky Sports premium channels. Nice one!
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 17:51   #175
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Only time will tell.
Old 18-02-2011, 18:10   #176
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Quote:

Oh ffs!
Old 18-02-2011, 18:11   #177
ken1234
Inactive

Services: skyhd tv ondemnd and the fall pack on tv. bt Broadband - Unlimited BT Infinity 2 .
ken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud of

Quote:

this is old news lot on this forum read about this news like me on sky web site last year when sky got vmtv channels .http://www.virginmediapeople.com/pri...fault.aspx#top
ken1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 12:29   #178
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post

Well i guess when it appears we will find out it could be only live matches being shown on the Red Button plus stats,and sky will keeep the football first match choice to themselves,anyway not long to go now.
Old 19-02-2011, 12:31   #179
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Angry Re: sky sports red button

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
Well i guess when it appears we will find out it could be only live matches being shown on the Red Button plus stats,and sky will keeep the football first match choice to themselves,anyway not long to go now.
I hope not but this would not surprise me with Virgin,s track record.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 12:38   #180
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
I hope not but this would not surprise me with Virgin,s track record.
If that is the case i would take it Virgin got the best deal from sky they could which would not be ideal for customers but better then no Red Button at all,it seems for the living channels which is all sky were really after,vm were able to get a 9 year carriage deal,sky 1 Hd,Red Button interactive and the option although not taken up yet to have sky arts 1/2 HD which all in all seems not too bad a deal.But for the football fans out there i hope football first match choice is included after all £22.50 a month for all sky sports channels is pretty hefty.