Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | sky sports red button

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

sky sports red button

Old 06-02-2011, 10:29   #136
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Re: sky sports red button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Just seen that ta. So April or August?
Henkesghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2011, 22:13   #137
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
Just seen that ta. So April or August?
Closer to April.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:12   #138
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Quote:
Closer to April.
Thanks
Henkesghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:13   #139
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Could anyone (and I mean you DF xxx ) confirm if the red button on Sky Sports will include Football First/Match Choice. My brother in law wants to know

The reason I ask is that Sky seemed to suggest (on their compare and contrast web advert) that VM would only get a warered down version of Red button but from the list i saw on VM website it looks pretty much like everything.

Football first/match choice would seem the obvious one they would leave us out of.

Cheers
Mobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:18   #140
whizzard
Inactive

Services: VM TiVo & V+ XL TV / XL Telephone / XL 30Mb Broadband with Super Hub
whizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken1234 View Post
we haveing the sky sports red button in few weeks ?
As I said in a prior post, before Jesus gets attached to his sunbeam..
whizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:25   #141
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
Could anyone (and I mean you DF xxx ) confirm if the red button on Sky Sports will include Football First/Match Choice. My brother in law wants to know

The reason I ask is that Sky seemed to suggest (on their compare and contrast web advert) that VM would only get a warered down version of Red button but from the list i saw on VM website it looks pretty much like everything.

Football first/match choice would seem the obvious one they would leave us out of.

Cheers
We will have to wait and see, but it's pretty comprehensive as far as I know.

---------- Post added at 11:25 ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzard View Post
As I said in a prior post, before Jesus gets attached to his sunbeam..
Old 07-02-2011, 11:36   #142
mersey70
Inactive

Services: TV M, L BB, Sky+ HD
mersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant future

Quote:

I noticed VM didn't specifically mention Cricket Red Button on their website, it does say 'and more' or something like that but given they mentioned less popular sports I found it a bit surprising. We will see.
mersey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:41   #143
greyposter
Inactive

Services: Tivio500
greyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nice

I'm happy with Virgin TV but my moan is about the remote control.Don't know if it's a age thing but prefer the 'Sky' remote.
greyposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:51   #144
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Cheers big boy
Mobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:02   #145
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
Cheers big boy
ha ha
Old 07-02-2011, 23:32   #146
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mersey70 View Post
I noticed VM didn't specifically mention Cricket Red Button on their website, it does say 'and more' or something like that but given they mentioned less popular sports I found it a bit surprising. We will see.
Lots of people i suspect do subscribe like myself for the cricket not to have any Red Button coverage on the cricket would be a major omission,and i suspect cricket being a major sport for subscription reasons will be on the red button particularly as we are told it is the "full" red button that is coming,sky itself does not overly promote red button on the cricket unless you are watching or visit the cricket live on sky sports fixtures list on its website.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:10   #147
mersey70
Inactive

mersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
Lots of people i suspect do subscribe like myself for the cricket not to have any Red Button coverage on the cricket would be a major omission,and i suspect cricket being a major sport for subscription reasons will be on the red button particularly as we are told it is the "full" red button that is coming,sky itself does not overly promote red button on the cricket unless you are watching or visit the cricket live on sky sports fixtures list on its website.
Cheers for that, I never knew it had been confirmed a full red button service was being provided, good news. I was going by Sky's website that said only 'some' would be available and that there was no mention of Cricket on the VM site.
Old 08-02-2011, 18:08   #148
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mersey70 View Post
Cheers for that, I never knew it had been confirmed a full red button service was being provided, good news. I was going by Sky's website that said only 'some' would be available and that there was no mention of Cricket on the VM site.
Hi mersey 70 thats ok ,i read cannot rmember where that vm are due to get the full red button,i have seen the sky website and indeed it says "some" unless it means full red button on sky sports 1/2 and no red button on 3/4 like the HD,but i am sure after the sale of vmtv channels part of the deal was the full red button services,just a question of waiting and seeing now i think.
Old 14-02-2011, 11:21   #149
RamJet
Inactive

RamJet will become famous soon enoughRamJet will become famous soon enoughRamJet will become famous soon enough

I read somewhere that VM have a new advertising program incl TV ads

are/will they say on that any info re the Sky Sports red button ?

there's some cricket matches in the World Cup starting at the end of this week that you can only see on the red button
RamJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 11:24   #150
mersey70
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamJet View Post
I read somewhere that VM have a new advertising program incl TV ads

are/will they say on that any info re the Sky Sports red button ?

there's some cricket matches in the World Cup starting at the end of this week that you can only see on the red button
Staff have said it's probably unlikely to be rolled out in time for the CWC, sorry.