Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netgear Router Slows Down My Broadband

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netgear Router Slows Down My Broadband

Old 02-08-2007, 20:20   #31
xspeedyx

Re: Netgear Router Slows Down My Broadband

yes so just tell me wot to do and i will try it
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2007, 20:29   #32
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

push it in with a paperclip and keep it held in for ten seconds with the power on and then release it
Old 02-08-2007, 22:10   #33
xspeedyx

Ok I think I found out the reason let me know if you can help change this i think the usb ports are bandwidth sharing and thats what is slowing me down
Old 02-08-2007, 22:18   #34
mrmistoffelees

mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Ok,

Has the router come back on ?

What do you have connected via USB that is causing bandwidth sharing issues ?
Old 02-08-2007, 22:22   #35
xspeedyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Ok,

Has the router come back on ?

What do you have connected via USB that is causing bandwidth sharing issues ?
I have got a little usb hub and just my printer and mouse
Old 02-08-2007, 22:31   #36
mrmistoffelees

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthlinux View Post
I have got a little usb hub and just my printer and mouse

If thats the case then no, bandwidth over usb would be the fact that the usb port in a pc supplies power at 500ma so no i cant see how that would cause an issue

Is the router back up and running again ?
Old 02-08-2007, 22:35   #37
xspeedyx

yeah but I am gonna leave it for alittle bit as I upgrading my pc soon so I am just gonna hard wire it for alittle while
Old 20-08-2007, 20:57   #38
xspeedyx

okay I have my wireless pci card today installed and nothing I am getting 400KB/s on my 10mb any ideas?
Old 21-08-2007, 16:02   #39
vmuser027
cf.addict

vmuser027 is on a distinguished roadvmuser027 is on a distinguished road

http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

Download TCP optimizer and set the scroll bar to the highest it will go. This is for 20mb. I did this today and can achieve 15mb on my wireless

Edit: Dont forget to restart afterwards!
vmuser027 is offline   Reply With Quote