Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Free Calls

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Free Calls

Old 12-07-2010, 12:20   #1
Stutz
Inactive

Services: XL Phone 10MB Broadband
Stutz has a spectacular aura about themStutz has a spectacular aura about themStutz has a spectacular aura about themStutz has a spectacular aura about them
Virgin Free Calls

A couple of days ago I rang my friend (from my mobile) who is also on virgin mobile. When I checked my remaining minutes I had minutes deducted from my total for this call. I rang CS just out of curiosity and was told this was the norm. I thought virgin to virgin calls where free and I would not lose air time minutes. Is this just a virgin land line to mobile offer or what. Anyone know ?
Stutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2010, 13:00   #2
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: Virgin Free Calls

Depends on your package
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 13:19   #3
Stutz
Inactive

Stutz has a spectacular aura about themStutz has a spectacular aura about themStutz has a spectacular aura about themStutz has a spectacular aura about them

Thanks jb.

I'm on 300 mins/300 texts £10.00 direct debit and talk unlimited with the land line.
Old 12-07-2010, 13:30   #4
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Again, depends on the Mobile offer you have. Best option is to phone Virgin Mobile and confirm whether you have Virgin Mobile to Virgin Mobile calls seperate to your minutes
Old 12-07-2010, 13:53   #5
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

You only get free virgin to other virgin mobiles if it came with your package. I signed up and when I told them I'm a virgin media customer they added on Free virgin to virgin mobiles. So it seems it's not standard to get this.
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 13:55   #6
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

No it's not, and it hasn't always been offered either. So even if you are on an existing customer Mobile offer it's not guaranteed
Old 12-07-2010, 14:59   #7
Stutz
Inactive

I think Ben is correct because the mate I rang was on 300/300 but then changed his deal to a different tariff and when he rings me he does not lose any of his minutes. I did ring CS and was told the calls would deducted from my minutes. Thing is I received a Virgin flyer through my door saying these calls would be free, land line also. Thanks for your help.
Old 12-07-2010, 15:02   #8
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Any flyers will apply to current tariffs on Mobile.

Although all Virgin landline customers now get calls to Virgin mobiles included within their talk plan (up to 1 hour and hours are dependent on the plan) so if you were to phone your friend from your Virgin landline you would get the call free.
Old 12-07-2010, 15:06   #9
Stutz
Inactive

I took up the deal offered by NTL at that time about 2/3 yrs ago, they where in the process of re-branding to Virgin. The flyer I had posted through my door called it "The Lobster Deal 300/300"

I have just logged in to V.mobile and my bundle is called "Virgin 10 300+300 Pay Monthly Sim Only"
Old 12-07-2010, 15:22   #10
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Yup that's far too early for it to include the VM Mobile to VM Mobile calls outside of the minutes. I think that only started last year

EDIT: It was May 2009 http://pressoffice.virginmedia.com/p...098&highlight=
Old 12-07-2010, 15:24   #11
Stutz
Inactive

[QUOTE=BenMcr;35054599]Yup that's far too early for it to include the VM Mobile to VM Mobile calls outside of the minutes. I think that only started last year

Thanks Ben. At least now I know.