Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | demand 5

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

demand 5

Old 01-04-2011, 14:53   #16
mersey70
Inactive

Services: TV M, L BB, Sky+ HD
mersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant future
Re: demand 5

Maybe their Sat Nav is bust and they cannot find the headend?

I'd hate to think they've been driving round in circles for 12 days!
mersey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-04-2011, 16:15   #17
Pauls9
Inactive

Services: VM TVM HD, BBL, phone; BT phone; Freeview.
Pauls9 has reached the bronze age
Pauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze age

The DVDs are still in the post...
Pauls9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 18:22   #18
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Demand five is now working for me after 14 days .
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 18:25   #19
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
Demand five is now working for me after 14 days .
Glad to hear it mate , its about time.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 22:34   #20
Rimmer100
Inactive

Services: 20mb, Phone, XL V+
Rimmer100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Still not working in DA1, and wasn't in DA7 or BR8 over the weekend. Problem with the Bromley headend?

This is now getting to the point of being farcicle. In what other industry can you have part of the service not working for some of your customers and that be OK and only a minor issue?

I have been reading the posts in one of the other threads, and whether catchup is 'free' because Medium TV subscribers get it doesn't really bother me. I'm an XL customer and I expect catch-up to work. That's THE main reason that I use Virgin for my TV service, so I don't have to remember to record everything and chew up hard disk space.

The 3rd party company excuses are beginning to wear a little thin...
Rimmer100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 22:43   #21
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimmer100 View Post
Still not working in DA1, and wasn't in DA7 or BR8 over the weekend. Problem with the Bromley headend?

This is now getting to the point of being farcicle. In what other industry can you have part of the service not working for some of your customers and that be OK and only a minor issue?

I have been reading the posts in one of the other threads, and whether catchup is 'free' because Medium TV subscribers get it doesn't really bother me. I'm an XL customer and I expect catch-up to work. That's THE main reason that I use Virgin for my TV service, so I don't have to remember to record everything and chew up hard disk space.

The 3rd party company excuses are beginning to wear a little thin...
Not acceptable mate , when your paying.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 21:07   #22
Rimmer100
Inactive

Guess what? No it still isn't bloody working.

There is 1 episode of NCIS from Wednesday but apart from that "No programmes available - try next day"

How long can this really go on for before someone at Virgin actually gives a ****?

Doesn't it make common sense that if a 'minor' fault continues for more than a set amount of time it gets escalated to the next level, so it doesn't just drag on and on?

Once again I don't care if it is a 3rd party issue, I pay my money to Virgin so they really need to do something about it!

I first posted a note about this on 15-03-2011 and things have just got worse since then. Seriously it's nearly been a month...
Old 09-04-2011, 11:44   #23
mersey70
Inactive

Services: TV M, L BB, Sky+ HD
mersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Guess what? No it still isn't bloody working.

There is 1 episode of NCIS from Wednesday but apart from that "No programmes available - try next day"

How long can this really go on for before someone at Virgin actually gives a ****?

Doesn't it make common sense that if a 'minor' fault continues for more than a set amount of time it gets escalated to the next level, so it doesn't just drag on and on?

Once again I don't care if it is a 3rd party issue, I pay my money to Virgin so they really need to do something about it!

I first posted a note about this on 15-03-2011 and things have just got worse since then. Seriously it's nearly been a month...
Oh dear, it is a bit of a saga now.

Maybe Virgin have emailed someone called Dean by mistake to ask for the work to be carried out?

Dean and Seachange could easily be confused
mersey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2011, 18:32   #24
Rimmer100
Inactive

Perhaps that was the issue. I too can see similiarities between Dean and Seachange

Anyways, I am happy to report that in DA1 at least I have what appears to be the full backlog of Demand5 catch-up for the last week.

I can't be sure when it started working again, (obviously some time after Friday night), but it all seems to be there!

Still bitterly disappointed with Virgin's lacklustre response, but then again why would they care about keeping customers happy. It's not as if there is any other way to get TV, Broadband or Catch-up TV services.... ;-)
Old 13-04-2011, 19:33   #25
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Perhaps that was the issue. I too can see similiarities between Dean and Seachange

Anyways, I am happy to report that in DA1 at least I have what appears to be the full backlog of Demand5 catch-up for the last week.

I can't be sure when it started working again, (obviously some time after Friday night), but it all seems to be there!

Still bitterly disappointed with Virgin's lacklustre response, but then again why would they care about keeping customers happy. It's not as if there is any other way to get TV, Broadband or Catch-up TV services.... ;-)
It was actually a very complex issue for the 3rd party to resolve. Glad to hear everything is working ok for you now.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote