Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Shady by-election spending by Conservatives in 2014

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Shady by-election spending by Conservatives in 2014

Old 08-02-2016, 22:39   #1
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Shady by-election spending by Conservatives in 2014

Makes you wonder what the story was in the general election too, doesn't it?

Quote:
Hundreds of pages of receipts obtained by this programme seem to show undeclared expenditure by the party in three crucial parliamentary by-election campaigns in 2014. Michael Crick reports.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2016, 23:58   #2
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Shady by-election spending by Conservatives in 2014

I assume this has been reported by Michael Crick/C4 to the Electoral Commission and the Police?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 08:54   #3
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Unsure, although there's little point in any event.

It's a tad too late and it's not like either of those are going to be interested. The CPS are too busy prosecuting headline grabbing crimes for political reasons and the Electoral Commission are beyond pointless.

The Electoral Commission have certainly had this raised with them, although do the Electoral Commission require a formal complaint to act? I'm not sure if they received one regarding the 'interesting' spending in Thanet at the GE but the question was raised on whether they would act.

I find it eminently believable that political parties of any persuasion would do this if they had the money to, and the Conservatives are by a mile the most well funded party right now.

You'll be pleased to know there's a part 2 coming this evening. So if these claims are false there's copious amounts of opportunity for legal action to prevent publication / broadcast.

Also gives C4 an opportunity once they've strung it out appropriately for views to inform if the files have been passed to the Electoral Commission.
Old 09-02-2016, 08:59   #4
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

I am not suggesting it's untrue - I'm saying if it is true, it's a criminal offence, and should be dealt with accordingly.

I have to admit, though, I found parts a little hyperbolic - describing staying at an £80 per night hotel as "money seemed no problem"....
Old 09-02-2016, 09:04   #5
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I am not suggesting it's untrue - I'm saying if it is true, it's a criminal offence, and should be dealt with accordingly.

I have to admit, though, I found parts a little hyperbolic - describing staying at an £80 per night hotel as "money seemed no problem"....
Indeed. It's not an especially 'cool' or surprising thing from what I can gather so some hyperbole was probably inevitable.

If anything other political parties, including UKIP, are struggling to produce any enthusiasm. Wonder why...
Old 09-02-2016, 09:16   #6
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:

Money's clearly tight at C4 - I dare say Crick and other C4 staff stay in hostels.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 09:26   #7
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Indeed. It's not an especially 'cool' or surprising thing from what I can gather so some hyperbole was probably inevitable.

If anything other political parties, including UKIP, are struggling to produce any enthusiasm. Wonder why...
They're all in it together.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:49   #8
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
describing staying at an £80 per night hotel as "money seemed no problem"....
That's cheap!
Old 09-02-2016, 10:35   #9
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

£29 to £35 a night if you book a little in advance at some well known places.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:18   #10
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
They're all in it together.
Pretty much

---------- Post added at 12:18 ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 ----------

http://order-order.com/2016/02/09/ho...lls-in-newark/

Cunning.
Old 09-02-2016, 13:12   #11
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Have you read some of the comments on that piece?

Quote:
Would be interesting to know under what category they put the cost of rent boys for the young Tories who were proclaiming how they were attending the homo-bars.

Probably "Professional fees"
Old 09-02-2016, 15:12   #12
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Ah, the commentators on YouTube - trying to make twitter users seem sensible and level-headed...
Old 10-02-2016, 09:19   #13
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Quote:
I assume this has been reported by Michael Crick/C4 to the Electoral Commission and the Police?
2 complaints have been made to the police.

Too late under Representation of the People Act for the 3 by-elections.

Not too late, however, for potentially dodgy spending during the GE in Thanet South. Electoral Commission investigating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDvK...l=Channel4News

http://www.channel4.com/news/conserv...s-the-timeline
Old 19-02-2016, 16:58   #14
Ignitionnet
Inactive

http://www.electionexpenses.co.uk/

Quote:
The elections watchdog has launched a probe into general election campaign spending by the Conservatives linked to the key South Thanet constituency following a Channel 4 News investigation.
Old 19-02-2016, 17:06   #15
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Good.

(imagines worried-looking representatives of all major parties, including UKIP, sweating slightly....).