Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 30-06-2014, 15:30   #676
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
What's this about Game Of Thrones being taken off Now TV boxes (you touched upon this in the 'Coming soon' thread)?
The reason its been taken off is down to licensing , Sky (Now TV) usually get rights for On Demand Boxsets of around 3-4 months , the Boxsets change so as new content can be added this is about the third time GOT has appeared so I've no doubt it will appear again.
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2014, 12:43   #677
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

A bit of a turn around Sky have reinstated my NowTV account and given me 2 months free movies and entertainment pass as a apology, turned out they'd mixed me up with someone with a similar surname to mine.
Old 02-07-2014, 22:52   #678
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

I emailed VUTV earlier asking if it'll be available on any other devices apart from freeview HD, they emailed back saying it will be available on other devices in the future including the pc but they can't say more than that at this moment in time.
Old 06-07-2014, 00:42   #679
theone2k10
Inactive

Anyone using a vpn or smart dns might like to know that lone survivor and vampire acadamy are on Netflix Argentina.
Old 06-07-2014, 04:07   #680
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
The reason its been taken off is down to licensing , Sky (Now TV) usually get rights for On Demand Boxsets of around 3-4 months , the Boxsets change so as new content can be added this is about the third time GOT has appeared so I've no doubt it will appear again.
This may or may not be true but I've been told Game of Thrones will return to Sky On-demand near the end of the year when series 4 comes out on DVD. So series 1-4 will be available for a while then be withdrawn again until the month before series 5 starts. Just like this year.
Old 14-07-2014, 16:19   #681
theone2k10
Inactive

BEINsports have announced their prices for this season $130 will give you full 12 months or $13 per month (£7.56) this will give you access to all EPL/CL matches aswell as Championship and league1 football, tennis, f1 amongst other stuff.
Old 16-07-2014, 18:12   #682
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
You could try your friend with one of these to start with

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Goodmans-Fre.../dp/B0044R8FJS

Not talki subs but it reads out the menus and epg.
As a sight impaired person, I thought that you might be interested in (or may wish to let Ofcom know your views about) this development:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...pg-v-tivo.html

I have also been told that the Radio 4 programme aimed at the sight impaired 'In Touch' covered this too. Not sure if it's repeated, but it should be available on demand

Edit: Found it for you: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b049828n

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Ok, thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
A bit of a turn around Sky have reinstated my NowTV account and given me 2 months free movies and entertainment pass as a apology, turned out they'd mixed me up with someone with a similar surname to mine.
Didn't they do this to you before though and then changed their minds and cut you off again!
Old 16-07-2014, 18:40   #683
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
As a sight impaired person, I thought that you might be interested in (or may wish to let Ofcom know your views about) this development:

I have also been told that the Radio 4 programme aimed at the sight impaired 'In Touch' covered this too. Not sure if it's repeated, but it should be available on demand

Yeah lol but so far it's been fine but still don't trust them lol, plus now got 2 months free hulu+ with my new ROKU (set up to usa) so no real loss if Sky do their usual trick.

Ok, thanks for the info.

Didn't they do this to you before though and then changed their minds and cut you off again!
Old 17-07-2014, 12:57   #684
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblegun View Post
This may or may not be true but I've been told Game of Thrones will return to Sky On-demand near the end of the year when series 4 comes out on DVD. So series 1-4 will be available for a while then be withdrawn again until the month before series 5 starts. Just like this year.
I think you are right. However, I really do struggle to understand why the previous series have to be pulled while the current series airs! What a ridiculous arrangement. I think it is an HBO thing, though, I don't think it is Sky's fault (so I apologise to Sky for my earlier comment about the Now TV boxes being a con!).
Old 17-07-2014, 13:08   #685
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:

Ok, thanks for the info.

No idea why my post buggered up lol, but yes they did that to me before but this time so far it's been 2 weeks so looks like everything is now ok. Still don't trust sky lol.
Old 17-07-2014, 22:52   #686
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
No idea why my post buggered up lol, but yes they did that to me before but this time so far it's been 2 weeks so looks like everything is now ok. Still don't trust sky lol.
Don't blame you
Old 17-07-2014, 23:41   #687
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Don't blame you
Quite happy with huluplus tbh mate ok it has adverts but i don't mind the American ads as i can't be tempted to buy any of the stuff lol. Plus got 2 months huluplus free with my roku.
Old 25-07-2014, 15:49   #688
theone2k10
Inactive

Nikleodeon and nick jnr have been added to the entertainment pack on Nowtv.
Old 17-08-2014, 16:59   #689
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Nikleodeon and nick jnr have been added to the entertainment pack on Nowtv.
Whilst trying to find out where I thought I'd read that the credit card problems with HBO Nordic had been sorted out, I came across this:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2165731

It says that it's because HBO Nordic changed their credit card processor, but that a solution is being sought. Also, there is a suggestion that a provider accessible to the UK may be better value.

Hope this helps
Old 17-08-2014, 17:23   #690
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Whilst trying to find out where I thought I'd read that the credit card problems with HBO Nordic had been sorted out, I came across this:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2165731

It says that it's because HBO Nordic changed their credit card processor, but that a solution is being sought. Also, there is a suggestion that a provider accessible to the UK may be better value.

Hope this helps
Tbf mate i'm more than happy with the combination of netflix, hulu+ and nowtv. I'm getting all the shows i normally watch plus more for about £17p/m which is cracking value.
Closed Thread