Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 19-11-2015, 20:14   #2221
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Shove it, HBO: AMC refuses to further delay sending shows to Netflix

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/shove-...224312263.html
Advertisement
Old 19-11-2015, 20:25   #2222
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Kind off a online service as it will be delivered via internet i think box nation has appeared on the youview EPG today channel 255.
Old 21-11-2015, 16:48   #2223
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

http://www.rapidtvnews.com/201511214...#axzz3s8xNxpSc

Some news to add weight to those that believe that live TV watching is on the decline.

---------- Post added at 16:48 ---------- Previous post was at 16:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Kind off a online service as it will be delivered via internet i think box nation has appeared on the youview EPG today channel 255.
It's on Freeview too.
Old 23-11-2015, 03:14   #2224
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Now Music TV set to start on Amazon Fire TV.

---------- Post added at 03:14 ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
http://www.rapidtvnews.com/201511214...#axzz3s8xNxpSc

Some news to add weight to those that believe that live TV watching is on the decline.[COLOR="Silver"]
And just for balance, an article from the day after the above that says linear TV isn't going away anytime soon!

http://www.rapidtvnews.com/201511224...#axzz3sH9QDaTw
Old 23-11-2015, 11:57   #2225
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:

And just for balance, an article from the day after the above that says linear TV isn't going away anytime soon!

Chilled tv also on firetv now too both now music and chilled tv fire tv apps are available from amazon store,
Old 24-11-2015, 10:20   #2226
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

I think you may have taken this out of context, Richard. This isn't all about linear TV, it's about television.

I watch streaming services on my TV all the time - never on my small computer screen or tablet!
Old 24-11-2015, 19:53   #2227
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Oops, my mistake OB

http://www.rapidtvnews.com/201511244...#axzz3sRM23ZCe

Does anyone know what 'Programmatic Video Purchasing' is? I've never heard of it, is it buy and keep VOD purchases??
Old 24-11-2015, 22:26   #2228
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Oops, my mistake OB

http://www.rapidtvnews.com/201511244...#axzz3sRM23ZCe

Does anyone know what 'Programmatic Video Purchasing' is? I've never heard of it, is it buy and keep VOD purchases??
This may help, sort of!

http://adexchanger.com/online-advert...mmatic-buying/
Old 25-11-2015, 17:00   #2229
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Thanks John, that did help to explain it.

There's a new scam to extort money from Smart TV users:

http://www.rapidtvnews.com/201511254...#axzz3sRM23ZCe
Old 25-11-2015, 22:08   #2230
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Thanks John, that did help to explain it.

There's a new scam to extort money from Smart TV users:

http://www.rapidtvnews.com/201511254...#axzz3sRM23ZCe
Since i've had a FireTV i haven't even connected my ethernet up to my smart TV, don't think i'll ever bother again.

When i have to replace it i'm not bothering with smart TV's again, don't think they're worth the extra money TBH.
Old 26-11-2015, 12:13   #2231
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
Since i've had a FireTV i haven't even connected my ethernet up to my smart TV, don't think i'll ever bother again.

When i have to replace it i'm not bothering with smart TV's again, don't think they're worth the extra money TBH.
I think that they're mostly a waste of time too. When I buy my new TV, any Smart TV capabilities will be purely incidental.

Ad free option for Hulu is a success:

http://www.rapidtvnews.com/201511234...#axzz3sRM23ZCe
Old 26-11-2015, 17:29   #2232
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
I think that they're mostly a waste of time too. When I buy my new TV, any Smart TV capabilities will be purely incidental.

Ad free option for Hulu is a success:

http://www.rapidtvnews.com/201511234...#axzz3sRM23ZCe
I think that your view may change when you get your Smart TV.

As just one example, whatever I am watching at the time, I can just press the 'Netflix' button on my Smart TV remote and I'm straight in there with the Netflix choices on screen. Very quick and efficient!
Old 26-11-2015, 17:44   #2233
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I think that your view may change when you get your Smart TV.

As just one example, whatever I am watching at the time, I can just press the 'Netflix' button on my Smart TV remote and I'm straight in there with the Netflix choices on screen. Very quick and efficient!
I think that they're probably useful when the TV is new, but from what I've researched, the apps eventually stop working well or at all as technology advances.

All else being equal, I would buy a TV with smart capabilities, but it wouldn't be a deciding factor.
Old 26-11-2015, 17:57   #2234
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
but from what I've researched, the apps eventually stop working well or at all as technology advances.

Exactly; and it's way cheaper to replace a streamer box when that happens than an expensive TV.
Old 26-11-2015, 18:05   #2235
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Exactly; and it's way cheaper to replace a streamer box when that happens than an expensive TV.
I agree with the point you are making however it depends what timescale your expecting the apps to work for , we have a Samsung in the bedroom which is pretty old and the apps still work and it receives updates from time to time.
Closed Thread