Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 31-10-2015, 12:05   #2161
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/tvs-e...ming-to-the-uk

Those with a VPN might be interested in this (it's only available in the USA at the moment).
I can't say too much but i was in BETA of this and it has great promise.
Advertisement
Old 31-10-2015, 13:32   #2162
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Just looked up Skyq as suggested, looking forward to the official announcement in November as it sounds promising and innovative.

Unfortunately this could potentially be another nail in TiVo's coffin in its current form. As much as I like TiVo, it is in desperate need of an upgrade now.
Old 31-10-2015, 14:30   #2163
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Anyone having issues on fire TV tonight so have unblock us configured for Netflix? Can't play any prime content I get a invalid geo IP. Removing the DNS for unblock let's me play the Prime video.

I emailed Unblock US support but was unfortunately was told they don't support the Fire TV and there is nothing they can do.
Old 31-10-2015, 14:56   #2164
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
Anyone having issues on fire TV tonight so have unblock us configured for Netflix? Can't play any prime content I get a invalid geo IP. Removing the DNS for unblock let's me play the Prime video.

I emailed Unblock US support but was unfortunately was told they don't support the Fire TV and there is nothing they can do.
Unblock are getting really bad lately give Smarty dns a try you get a 14 day free trial with them.
Old 31-10-2015, 15:05   #2165
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post

Just tried a US Netflix and UK Prime title and both play OK (using Unblock-us).

I assume that you've tried the 'check service' on Unblock-us and power cycled the AFTV?
Old 01-11-2015, 22:24   #2166
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Demand 5 to become temporarily unavailable on some Samsung TV's and Blu-ray players:

https://help.channel5.com/hc/en-gb/a...-November-2015
Old 01-11-2015, 22:42   #2167
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Just tried a US Netflix and UK Prime title and both play OK (using Unblock-us).

I assume that you've tried the 'check service' on Unblock-us and power cycled the AFTV?
Yep, the service works okay it just seems like they are routing my prime Video through their DNS, the Netflix part of it works ok. Yep power cycled the Fire TV.
Old 04-11-2015, 17:46   #2168
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Now TV is now on Apple TV, which should dispel the notion that Sky would not add this to any non-Sky platforms other than the Roku.

Source: Advanced Television.
Old 04-11-2015, 17:53   #2169
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Now TV is now on Apple TV, which should dispel the notion that Sky would not add this to any non-Sky platforms other than the Roku.

It's been on Appletv for ages mate it's the only platform at the moment where the live channels stream in HD, i've seen on various forums that it will arrive on Samsung tvs soon and the fire tv within next 12 months.
Old 04-11-2015, 18:55   #2170
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

And that proves exactly what ?

Now TV is available on Google Chromecast , LG TV's , PlayStation 3/4 , Xbox , Youview and has been for ages.
Old 05-11-2015, 11:11   #2171
steveh
Inactive

steveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of light

BBC are launching the ability to buy older shows from iPlayer. Wonder how this will affect the UKTV business.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/bbc-st...player-2015-11
Old 05-11-2015, 17:05   #2172
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
It's been on Appletv for ages mate it's the only platform at the moment where the live channels stream in HD, i've seen on various forums that it will arrive on Samsung tvs soon and the fire tv within next 12 months.
Sorry, didn't realise that. The web site was referring to the new Apple TV, whereas I thought they were referring to a new addition for Apple.

---------- Post added at 17:05 ---------- Previous post was at 17:02 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
And that proves exactly what ?

Now TV is available on Google Chromecast , LG TV's , PlayStation 3/4 , Xbox , Youview and has been for ages.
My post referred to a comment made by someone on here a while ago who said that Now TV only appeared on the Roku because Sky had partnered up with them, and would not appear anywhere else.

Clearly, that remark was incorrect.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:11   #2173
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Just bought myself one of these as moved into a flat with no TV aerial lol

Any hints/tips on how to get best out of it? theone2k10?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...752547&alt=web
Old 06-11-2015, 09:17   #2174
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
My post referred to a comment made by someone on here a while ago who said that Now TV only appeared on the Roku because Sky had partnered up with them, and would not appear anywhere else.

Clearly, that remark was incorrect.
That's not entirely accurate. You questioned if NowTV was on Roku devices why it couldn't be on TiVO. The answer you were given was because Sky/Now TV are a major stakeholder in Roku it would make sense for them to have their on demand service accessible on a device owned by a company they were a major stakeholder in. Nobody said it only appeared on Roku devices.

I'll concede you'll have a point if NowTV every appears on a direct competitors hardware e.g. FireTV. But that isn't going to happen, equally Amazon isn't going to be on Roku in the UK any time soon and neither Netflix or Amazon will be on the Now TV box any time soon.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:47   #2175
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultrademark View Post
Just bought myself one of these as moved into a flat with no TV aerial lol

Any hints/tips on how to get best out of it? theone2k10?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...752547&alt=web
I don't use android boxes mate i use firetv but both run on android kind off lol, first would be to put kodi on it and all the usual service itv, bbc iplayer, all4, demand5, amazon instant video, netflix, filmon, tv player.
If you use a vpn or smart dns abc and a+e will work without a subscription but you won't get the shows until a week or 2 after they air, showbox is another good add on too for tv shows.
I recommend installind appotide alongside the google play store as appotide will allow you to download apps such as showbox, also in my experience clean master is a must as the will clean up the cache files in kodi aswell as any dud files remaining from addons.
This site is very good for tutorials on installing certain kodi addons https://seo-michael.co.uk/
link to appotide http://m.aptoide.com/
Closed Thread