Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media revamps its bundles

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media revamps its bundles

Old 02-04-2012, 14:38   #91
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Media revamps its bundles

They are guessing is saying that everyone will be moved to 30Mbit - it's not part of any brief or comfirmed plan

L 30 is an opt in tier
Old 02-04-2012, 15:10   #92
RealDiamond
Inactive

Services: Free^60meg No, Free^30meg Yes, TV M, Phone M. Running Kubuntu 12.04+Chromium Browser On Free laptop
RealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
They are guessing is saying that everyone will be moved to 30Mbit - it's not part of any brief or comfirmed plan

L 30 is an opt in tier
Well thats the problem with CS
Is this another case of "are they telling people what they want to here" or "what they are meant to say" or did I get her of script and she was winging it.
I was still in shock from getting a English sounding member of staff.
Edited previous posted with red rumour tag now..
RealDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 15:37   #93
kafui
Inactive

Services: Services:Virgin Media XL Broadband,500GB TiVo box, XL TV and M Phone
kafui is an unknown quantity at this point

I am currently on;
XL-TV with tivo
XL30MB
M-Phone

Currently paying £52 on a retentions dela that was offered when i renewed.

Called Customer service to upgrade to VIP 30 OR VIP50 but they kept saying different things.
Am happy to recontract for another month but i all i wanted is a breakdown of what i get in VIP30 and VIP50 and the price.
If anyone can help i will be most grateful.
kafui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 15:41   #94
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

VIP 30 and VIP 50 don't exist anymore

There is now only the VIP Collection http://shop.virginmedia.com/bundles/vip.html
Old 02-04-2012, 16:16   #95
kafui
Inactive

Many thanks for that BenMcr; its a shame we all being forced to pick just that VIP bundle.
Old 02-04-2012, 16:24   #96
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafui View Post
Many thanks for that BenMcr; its a shame we all being forced to pick just that VIP bundle.
VIP is only ever supposed to be one option - the top of everything

Only reason it split into multiple ones was due to the 50 and then 100Mbit rollouts
Old 02-04-2012, 16:37   #97
kafui
Inactive

@BenMcr is the 100mb on the VIP bundle applicable instantly as it seems my area is being upgraded between April-July.
Old 02-04-2012, 17:16   #98
zeozhane
Inactive

Services: BB XXL (50), TV L, Tivo, V+ & Talk Weekends
zeozhane is an unknown quantity at this point

Further to my issues trying to get the premier collection yesterday. I was able to speak to someone who knew what the collections were today.

So for 84p per month less than i currently pay i am getting:

100mb BB (currently 50)
XL TV (Currently L)
Talk Weekends
1GB Tivo
08 Tickle

I got what i wanted. Pity i have to wait until superhub arrives on Wednesday to get it all activated.
zeozhane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 19:45   #99
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

I have:

1TB TiVo
500Gb TiVo
10Mb broadband
M Phone
XL TV

That comes up to around £58 per month. I've just been told by CS that to upgrade to the Premiere Collection (and get 60Mb broadband), Ill have to pay an additional £6 per month, this that right?
HDFootyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 20:03   #100
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Wink Re: Virgin Media revamps its bundles

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post
I have:

1TB TiVo
500Gb TiVo
10Mb broadband
M Phone
XL TV

That comes up to around £58 per month. I've just been told by CS that to upgrade to the Premiere Collection (and get 60Mb broadband), Ill have to pay an additional £6 per month, this that right?
The Premiere was £58.00 but only included one TIVO and a VHD so shouldn't it just be another fiver for the fact you have two TIVOs.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 20:31   #101
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafui View Post
@BenMcr is the 100mb on the VIP bundle applicable instantly as it seems my area is being upgraded between April-July.
Yes it is
Old 02-04-2012, 20:56   #102
jaf1968
Inactive

jaf1968 is an unknown quantity at this point

Evening... Got an engineer booked last week to upgrade my 20mb to 60mb free of charge.

We're currently on TV-XL, BB-XL(20), V+ Box, Talk evening and weekends and paying £62.40...

Am I right thinking the Premiere package would save me a few quid a month, get me a 500gb Tivo, a HD box for upstairs, 60mb BB. I'd just lose the talk weekends.

No brainer I thinks. Should I wait until the BB is upgraded before I go for the premiere package?

Is the install fee payable on all installs. Would like to avoid paying it if I can

cheers
J
jaf1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 21:06   #103
RealDiamond
Inactive

Services: Free^60meg No, Free^30meg Yes, TV M, Phone M. Running Kubuntu 12.04+Chromium Browser On Free laptop
RealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaf1968 View Post
Evening...
Is the install fee payable on all installs. Would like to avoid paying it if I can

cheers
J
Install fee is being dropped for a lot of people when they ring up. Web site upgrade won't drop the fee. A real person CS are dropping the install fee for the super hub. your 20Mb/s would have been upgraded to 60Mb/s and they would have given you the Hub free then anyway.
Old 02-04-2012, 21:13   #104
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDiamond View Post
your 20Mb/s would have been upgraded to 40Mb/s and they would have given you the Hub free then anyway.
40Mbit?!
Old 02-04-2012, 21:16   #105
RealDiamond
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
40Mbit?!
Sorry forgot they are not doing double downloads for every one. will correct it.