Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media revamps its bundles

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media revamps its bundles

Old 11-04-2012, 20:43   #181
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Media revamps its bundles

All V+ boxes support HD.

If you have HD Sports & Movies on the TiVo but not the V+, they have probably made an error on your account. Ring Customer Services.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2012, 21:31   #182
MacmillaN
cf.addict

Services: TIVO 500GB-V+ HD, TV Size XL +SKYSPORTS/MOVIES VIVID Phone Size M
MacmillaN is an unknown quantity at this point

@spiderplant
The phone call to VM was on Tuesday afternoon.
I am getting the TIVO box and Superhub installed on the 19th April to coincide with upgrading to the VIP Collection Package.

I already have a V+ box which i am keeping instead of switching to a Cisco VHD Box.

I presumed the Sky Movies/Sports HD channels would be added before that date so i could view them on the V+ Scientific Atlanta 8300 DVB (Unless they will switch it to the newer Samsung SMT-H3110)

I highly doubt the above though.

I already had the Sky Sports/Movies package (Without HD) before making the switch to the VIP Collection.

I suppose i could always mention it to the Engineer when he arrives with the new equipment, but my guess is that he would not care as it would be out of his area.
MacmillaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 21:45   #183
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Ok, I didn't realise you didn't have the TiVo yet. In that case it's probably normal and they will all get added together.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 09:28   #184
Firmsky
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate ooomph
Firmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant future

I'm on the old VIP 100 but my 2nd box is a TiVo with the main box a TiVo too. Just noticed my bill still indicates a additional V box? What I have is listed below.

Talk International 2
Talk Mobile 2
Talk Unlimited
VIP with TiVo Bundle Saving
Free Voicemail
TV Size: X L
1 Additional V Box
TiVo Monthly Fee
Broadband XXL (Up To 100mb)
Firmsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 10:01   #185
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

The '1 Additional V box' is down to the fact you have two boxes, not that you actually have a V box. Bit confusing I know but just a older naming. I would expect the newer codes just say 'Additional Outlet' or something
Old 17-04-2012, 11:06   #186
Firmsky
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate ooomph
Firmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
The '1 Additional V box' is down to the fact you have two boxes, not that you actually have a V box. Bit confusing I know but just a older naming. I would expect the newer codes just say 'Additional Outlet' or something
Did think that would be the case just wanted to check. My bill is now a confusing amount hence wondering, £108.71?
Firmsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 10:19   #187
theflyingdodo
Inactive

theflyingdodo is an unknown quantity at this point

New to the forum & am following this thread closely. Any help would be appreciated!

I currently have the Triple XL package with 2 V+HD boxes (SA & Samsung) & soon to be paying about £74 per month. The consensus on here is that the installation fee can be waived for the 'upgrade' to Premiere Collection 100 meg but I would like to know would I have to pay a fee for the 50 meg modem to be swapped out for a Superhub? Do I need the Superhub? I thought the existing modem would be able to handle the DOCSIS 3 configuration up to 100/120 meg. I don't really want to have to pay £49.95 just for a chap to unplug 3 connections from the current modem, attach the same connections to the Superhub & make a phone call to activate the Superhub.

Many thanks.
theflyingdodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 10:31   #188
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

If you've already got the modem for 50Mbit you wouldn't be forced to have the SuperHub.

However the Premiere collection comes with TiVo, so you'd have to have that installed which DOES come with an install fee. It's the TiVo activation that wouldn't be charged
Old 18-04-2012, 11:33   #189
Sherlock Holmes
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 60MB XL Broadband, XL TV with TiVo, XL phone.
Sherlock Holmes is on a distinguished roadSherlock Holmes is on a distinguished road

However, if you phone 150 and option 5 thinking of leaving and speak to retentions, you might get lucky and get the installation fee waved as some of us on here have

I recommend you quote the price of the package you want for a new customer, and also mention that new customers get a free install. Theres a good chance they will offer you it for slightly less than a new customer.

Cheers
Sherlock Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 11:51   #190
MartJ
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP30 package Virgin Mobile x 2
MartJ has a spectacular aura about themMartJ has a spectacular aura about themMartJ has a spectacular aura about themMartJ has a spectacular aura about them

Been reading through this thread and the Virgin Collections page and I can't say I am totally clear what is on offer.

Currently in VIP 30
BB XL (30mb) with Superhub
Talk Unlimited, International & Mobile
Caller Display
TV XL
1 add VHD Box

So if I rang up regarding switching to VIP Collections would I be switched without charge or activation fees?
MartJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 11:58   #191
MacmillaN
cf.addict

Services: TIVO 500GB-V+ HD, TV Size XL +SKYSPORTS/MOVIES VIVID Phone Size M
MacmillaN is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok,
Upgraded to the VIP Collection.
So just got the Samsung Tivo box installed.
I presumed it was a Cisco box, but obviously due to demand another manufacture had to come in or to keep costs down or went with another supplier with the same specs, well i presume so...

Took around half an hour or so.
Software Update Messages and then Welcome Screen Verifying some settings.

Slight question, Does the box become unresponsive when downloading a software update or can the software update be downloaded in the background and then prompted for an install.

Also, Got the Superhub installed.

Engineer gave a brief explanation of the features on the TIVO box.

Also, mentioned about the information you need to enter when trying to connect to the Superhub on a laptop or something similar.

Only thing i need to do is call VM regarding the HD versions of Sky Sports/Movies as they have not been added to the account yet.

But other than that everything else is fine.
MacmillaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 18:59   #192
stepp
Inactive

stepp is on a distinguished roadstepp is on a distinguished road

If you take the VIP collection, does anyone know if you can downgrade say the phone to M and broadband to 60mb?

We would like both the Tivo and the second box and all the channels but have no need for 100mb broadband and XL phone.
stepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 19:21   #193
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

The VIP Collection is what it is. If you want lower Broadband and Phone you would have to go for the Premiere Collection and Sky Premiums on
Old 19-04-2012, 20:45   #194
stepp
Inactive

stepp is on a distinguished roadstepp is on a distinguished road

Wow so you cant actually adjust your bundle anymore then, looks like ill be phoneing Sky then i think.

Why would Virgin not sell me the Tivo Box with another box, 60mb broadband and the medium phone!

Virgin Media is one company i will never never understand.
stepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 20:56   #195
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

The VIP set of services has always been that way all the way back to 2007 - it's the top set of everything Virgin do.

The Premiere bundle IS the TiVo box with another box, 60Mbit broadband and the medium phone, so all you have to do is add the Sky Premiums on