Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

Old 13-01-2012, 23:18   #811
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

It didn't start with "Hello Dean" did it....?!
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-01-2012, 23:23   #812
pinky-vm-staff
Inactive

pinky-vm-staff is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewcrawford23 View Post
I just got a email from virgin claiming my speed will be double for free but im on 50mb so im getting 100mb? i suspect this is adoggy email jsut wondered anyone knows if it true

Hi i work for VM and its for ALL broadband customers, and even the 100meg will be getting upto 120 boost

pinky-vm-staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2012, 23:31   #813
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by telfordcable View Post
Before upgrade :

After upgrade:

Dunno why is luxembourg is fastest upload than london ?
There is such a whiff of bull excreta in the forum tonight.

Telford has it not clicked yet we are all laughing at you.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2012, 23:35   #814
pinky-vm-staff
Inactive

Hi no its not selection process this will go out to all VM broadband customers,and will take upto 18months to finish the project

---------- Post added at 23:35 ---------- Previous post was at 23:32 ----------

If you think its bull thats ur opinion......I no its true !!!!!
Old 13-01-2012, 23:36   #815
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

hello pinky Sirus was referring to Telford
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2012, 23:45   #816
AndyCalling
Inactive

Services: Fixed phone service (inclusive weekend calls) & internet service (200/12meg)
AndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud of

Yep, I always assume that any reference to bull on this forum is talking abut Telford. It's traditional around here, so it's a fairly safe assumption. ~

Telford's like a kind of forum mascot. Some forums would get mad at trolling, but he does it so cutely. Everyone knows it's bull, and Telford knows this, but he enjoys it and we all just let him go on with it because it brightens our day. Telford's not really trying to fool anyone, it's kind of an in-joke, 'maintaining the deceit' as it were.
AndyCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2012, 23:46   #817
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky-vm-staff View Post
Hi no its not selection process this will go out to all VM broadband customers,and will take upto 18months to finish the project

---------- Post added at 23:35 ---------- Previous post was at 23:32 ----------

If you think its bull thats ur opinion......I no its true !!!!!
Sorry got your post mixed up in Telford cables

Old 13-01-2012, 23:46   #818
pinky-vm-staff
Inactive

sorry lol
Old 13-01-2012, 23:51   #819
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

Services: 5G Three 599/21
telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart

Oppps! Virgin changed their mind about 100Meg?

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
telfordcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 00:15   #820
virginruinedntl
Inactive

virginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of light

i think the customers that will benefit the most will be those on the 2mb and 5mb, getting 5mb and 10mb will be a huge improvement for them. Wonder how many customers are on those tiers.

Just checked the package bundle on virgin seems as though i'd only save around £1.50 dropping down to L broadband from XL broadband, tv and phone so i'll probably just stick on that rather than go through retentions as i pay a few pounds less than new customers as we were going to quit for sky.
virginruinedntl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 00:17   #821
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by telfordcable View Post
Oppps! Virgin changed their mind about 100Meg?

You do realise no one else has had that. So you are the only one not getting your uplift

Old 14-01-2012, 00:22   #822
pinky-vm-staff
Inactive

VM dont do 5mb, not many left on 2mb either,

---------- Post added at 00:22 ---------- Previous post was at 00:19 ----------

retentions will ALWAYS give you a better deal
Old 14-01-2012, 02:43   #823
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Actually that's not completely true

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...962021#M110205
So, you're suggesting VM are about book in the region of 100 to 200 thousand or more additional engineer visits to roll out a "free" upgrade - for, as I see it, no reason at all?

That's in the region of a million pounds worth of expenditure, to check people's modems are working and update a config file (both of which can be done remotely at negligable cost). Really?
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 07:11   #824
wayned123
Inactive

wayned123 is an unknown quantity at this point

dont know when it starts but im not complaing about my speed latest speed test result

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1706162308.png
wayned123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 07:56   #825
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky-vm-staff View Post
VM dont do 5mb, not many left on 2mb either,

---------- Post added at 00:22 ---------- Previous post was at 00:19 ----------

retentions will ALWAYS give you a better deal
There is more people on 2Mb than you think as lot of customer do just want to browse and check emails.