Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

Old 13-01-2012, 15:18   #706
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

That seems to be the case yes
Old 13-01-2012, 15:20   #707
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

telford how many people did you give wrong dates to yesterday?
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2012, 15:28   #708
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

Services: 5G Three 599/21
telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
just my wild guess! lol
telfordcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2012, 15:28   #709
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Lots and lots and lots. I pity anyone who listened to him.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2012, 15:29   #710
virginruinedntl
Inactive

virginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by telfordcable View Post
ah ok, october 2012 then. So, are 100 Meg customer get upgrade to 120 Meg in Summer 2012 before October 2012 (for those who are on 10, 20, 30 and 50 Meg) ?
100mb will be available to all customers by the end of May, most exchanges already support 100mb, there a small number left which will be finished in may.
virginruinedntl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2012, 15:42   #711
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Quote:
just my wild guess! lol
and you think thats funny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Lots and lots and lots. I pity anyone who listened to him.
+1. he confused the hell out of me yesterday
Old 13-01-2012, 15:50   #712
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

I think it's pretty clear now that telfordcable is nothing more than a troll.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2012, 15:53   #713
thenry
Inactive

I seriously cannot wait until VM get this sorted good and proper, the network project as a whole. They can do without abuse and in favour of a respected network!
Old 13-01-2012, 15:56   #714
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12 View Post
the speed doubling post code checker says that the lower tiers will be upgraded to 20mb and not 30 for some reason
Once the speed doubling has been completed does that mean people will only be able to subscribe to XXL (what will be 100mb) or will 120mb be a separate tier again? This list seems to suggest these will be the available tiers after the upgrade and other wording suggests that current 100mb customers are getting 120mb as a bonus.
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2012, 16:11   #715
slowcoach
Inactive

Services: VM Phone 152 Meg.
slowcoach has reached the bronze age
slowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze age

March - April here.
slowcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2012, 16:14   #716
Jayster
I am the one who knocks

Services: 200/20 SH3, V6 Box
Jayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to behold
Re: virgin media double speed website now live

Quote:
Originally Posted by adduxi View Post
and here - Belfast . We are scheduled for July onwards.....
Yep BELE is july onwards, I used a friends post code who is in South Belfast presumably BELF and it is March-April.

---------- Post added at 16:14 ---------- Previous post was at 16:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
I think it's pretty clear now that telfordcable is nothing more than a troll.
Welcome to the forum, that has been known for a long time.
If everybody followed this simple image we would all be fine.
Jayster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2012, 16:17   #717
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
ah ok, october 2012 then. So, are 100 Meg customer get upgrade to 120 Meg in Summer 2012 before October 2012 (for those who are on 10, 20, 30 and 50 Meg) ?
No.

No 100Mb customer is going to 120Mb before the summer. You'll not get the uplift until October at the earliest, they aren't going to upgrade 100Mb before they do everyone else and it's not only dependent on the same upgrades as the uplifts for the other tiers but also on upstream bonding.

Just to point out it says 'October onwards' and this programme is ongoing until the middle of 2013, so you may be waiting until the middle of next year, no completion date provided.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2012, 16:19   #718
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJSmyth View Post
Once the speed doubling has been completed does that mean people will only be able to subscribe to XXL (what will be 100mb) or will 120mb be a separate tier again? This list seems to suggest these will be the available tiers after the upgrade and other wording suggests that current 100mb customers are getting 120mb as a bonus.
I would expect that there will only be one tier available to subscribe to after a certain date. When that is and what speed I don't know (but it would be odd if it wasn't the 120Mbit one)

---------- Post added at 16:19 ---------- Previous post was at 16:17 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
No.

No 100Mb customer is going to 120Mb before the summer. You'll not get the uplift until October at the earliest, they aren't going to upgrade 100Mb before they do everyone else and it's not only dependent on the same upgrades as the uplifts for the other tiers but also on upstream bonding.

Just to point out it says 'October onwards' and this programme is ongoing until the middle of 2013, so you may be waiting until the middle of next year, no completion date provided.
To be honest, that's not what the site says:

If you have our up to 100Mb connection, you've already got the fastest widely available broadband in the UK. So we'll be taking a bit off your monthly bill, instead. And as an extra thank you, we'll be boosting your speeds up to 120Mb. Your upgrades start this summer. We'll be in touch to let you know.

'Summer' is earlier than 'October'
Old 13-01-2012, 16:28   #719
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: virgin media double speed website now live

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayster View Post
Yep BELE is july onwards, I used a friends post code who is in South Belfast presumably BELF and it is March-April.[COLOR="Silver"]
Can I just say that I found Northern Ireland's infrastructure to be pretty top-notch. It hardly ever seems to go down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayster View Post
Welcome to the forum, that has been known for a long time.
If everybody followed this simple image we would all be fine.
<snip>
If you'll notice, I have a relatively low post count, so despite being registered for a while, I don't actually post much, so I don't really know "who's who" around these parts.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2012, 16:31   #720
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
and you think thats funny?

+1. he confused the hell out of me yesterday
Yes l was confused as well.