Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 29-07-2012, 01:54   #5371
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

That's excellent news Jo. Seems that the prayers are working. Go Girl XX.
Advertisement
Old 29-07-2012, 08:09   #5372
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Have a lovely time Itshim and Dilli!

Dilli can't say I've heard of your holiday site, but it looks great. I will keep an eye open for you, when do you come down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post

My happiness to-day is a blood test result that shows that my transfusion a couple of nights ago has worked and I have staved off the threat of steroids. YIPEEEEEEEEEE.

Time to go shoe shopping again, in celebration this time.
Jo, what can I say? How wonderful for you!!! Will you continue to have transfusions, or is that the end of the treatment? Hopefully it's the latter.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2012, 11:28   #5373
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
<snip>
Jo, what can I say? How wonderful for you!!! Will you continue to have transfusions, or is that the end of the treatment? Hopefully it's the latter.
Thanks for the hug Tinky. Thankfully a few of bags of the red stuff seem to have worked this time.

Unfortunately the underlying condition (AIHA) is there for life so it's just a matter of trying to ensure that the side effects of the treatments aren't more damaging that the damage caused by the sneaky ways my Immune System finds to attack me. Hence my fear when it seems that I may have to have massive doses of Steroids to dampen down my Immune System when it decides wake up and go on the rampage.
Old 29-07-2012, 11:41   #5374
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Thanks for the hug Tinky. Thankfully a few of bags of the red stuff seem to have worked this time.

Unfortunately the underlying condition (AIHA) is there for life so it's just a matter of trying to ensure that the side effects of the treatments aren't more damaging that the damage caused by the sneaky ways my Immune System finds to attack me. Hence my fear when it seems that I may have to have massive doses of Steroids to dampen down my Immune System when it decides wake up and go on the rampage.
I hope all goes well for you in the future and that you are able to do plenty of shopping even though it may hurt the credit card.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2012, 12:00   #5375
Tinky
To err is human

Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

What some people have to live with Jo, makes my pitiful worries pale into insignificance. I don't need reminding to count my blessings every day.
Old 29-07-2012, 12:13   #5376
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Have a lovely time Itshim and Dilli!

Dilli can't say I've heard of your holiday site, but it looks great. I will keep an eye open for you, when do you come down?

August 19th. Do you live nearby?
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2012, 19:23   #5377
Tinky
To err is human

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
August 19th. Do you live nearby?
A fair way away Dilli near the Eden Project, I think that is one of the pictures shown on you Camp's internet site. You and Natalie will have marvelous time I'm sure, plenty places to explore and never far from the seaside.
Old 29-07-2012, 19:58   #5378
CycoSymz
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview HD
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal

Had a great day out with the family at Twycross Zoo

I've got 2 GCSE's. 1 in Biology and 1 in Metalwork...If you want your cat welding then I'm your man.
CycoSymz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2012, 20:14   #5379
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycoSymz View Post
Had a great day out with the family at Twycross Zoo
l am glad you and your family had a lovely day out.
Old 29-07-2012, 20:30   #5380
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I have only had 1 week back at work after spending the week with my GF and now in 2 weeks time i will be off to Florida for 2 weeks with my parents and sisters family!
Have a great time
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 14:12   #5381
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Wanted to own a 1958 Chevrolet Impala ever since I can recall.
Had a call from my nephew last night & has seen one in upstate New York.
That`s the happy side.It seems to be in reasonable nick etc.
The other side of the coin is I would want it in New Orleans !
No way would I drive it down ( even if I had the time) To pay someone would be a lot more than the cars worth.
So my happy thought is that they are still out there & I just keep on dreaming. ( would probably be disappointed if I ever got in one)
Old 31-07-2012, 10:43   #5382
Caff
I'm a geek???

Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze
Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze

Packing up bits and pieces to move out of here. It's strange how little I want to keep.
Old 31-07-2012, 18:42   #5383
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

It is surprising how much you gather up a lot of good stuff & rubbish too
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 14:53   #5384
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Eldest daughter & her other half are coming to stay for 6 weeks as he has to work at Ratcliffe power station. Also means we get a live in housekeeper too
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 20:16   #5385
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

I've just had a text from my eldest to say that he's been contacted by a producer who apparently wants him to contribute to a documentary he's making about the lives of young carers. He's over the moon of course and we're very proud of him as he's been very active within our local carers charity. I'd give him a big hug but he's enjoying a much needed and well deserved holiday with his mum in E. Europe so it'll have to wait until next week.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote