Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Upgrade Free For A Month And Get Billed For It!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Upgrade Free For A Month And Get Billed For It!

Old 13-01-2009, 12:10   #16
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: Upgrade Free For A Month And Get Billed For It!

Sorry guys,
did you read the offer it was quite clear to me that it was going to cost. even getting you money back costs you one way or other.
A lot of "free" offers (including a consumer mag) run this way. Surely you have come across this Have a "free" month just send you card details.You can cancel etc. Its the same thing except they have your details already.
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-01-2009, 16:00   #17
Albie
Inactive

Albie is on a distinguished roadAlbie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Sorry guys,
did you read the offer it was quite clear to me that it was going to cost. even getting you money back costs you one way or other.
A lot of "free" offers (including a consumer mag) run this way. Surely you have come across this Have a "free" month just send you card details.You can cancel etc. Its the same thing except they have your details already.
OK, explain to us how the free month was going to cost.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 16:29   #18
Noggo
Inactive

Services: VM XL broadband, Sky+ TV and BT phone
Noggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
..did you read the offer it was quite clear to me that it was going to cost.
Don't know what offer you read. It was `free' for 1 month. The only downer was that you're got to remember to cancel before the month was up, otherwise you'll get charged for subsequent month(s).
Noggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 21:31   #19
edam
Inactive

edam is an unknown quantity at this point

And I got charged before I could even cancel
edam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2009, 02:03   #20
hokkers999
cf.addict

hokkers999 is a splendid one to beholdhokkers999 is a splendid one to beholdhokkers999 is a splendid one to beholdhokkers999 is a splendid one to beholdhokkers999 is a splendid one to beholdhokkers999 is a splendid one to beholdhokkers999 is a splendid one to beholdhokkers999 is a splendid one to beholdhokkers999 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by edam View Post
What a con. Obviously Virgin does not understand the meaning of "free".

I took up the free 10MB trial on the 15 Dec and the bill I have received today charges me £25 for Broadband Size L.

They are going to refund £7 on the next bill.

Also, out of interest, I had tried to cancel the free trial earlier this week but they could not do so as the month had not elapsed.

So they are charging for the 10MB even before you can decide not to keep it .
this is precisely why I point blank refuse to allow VM to direct debit my account.
hokkers999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2009, 03:32   #21
LaineY
Inactive

Services: <V+ - XLTV - XLTelco - 20MB>
LaineY is a jewel in the roughLaineY is a jewel in the roughLaineY is a jewel in the roughLaineY is a jewel in the roughLaineY is a jewel in the rough

... Ok...

That promotion ... or should i start with..

It is your own responsibility to downgrade to the service you were originally on before the trial / promotion runs out there for you get billed as normal till you do so.

If you were incorrectly charged then the promotion was not put on correctly if thats the case because obviostly it wasnt what was aggree'd

---
Also, out of interest, I had tried to cancel the free trial earlier this week but they could not do so as the month had not elapsed.
---

as for what you were advised..... it can so be done, you normally get your prorate back if you have been charged partials..

If you took out the Broadband on the 15th of Dec... i was led to believe that it was A MONTH.. not from the DATE you take it out till the DATE of the following month..

in short.. what im trying to say is .. Im certain it was from the 1st of Dec to the 31st Dec.

Feel free to correct me if im wrong guys i dont know everything...
but im sure someone from customer care can verify this for us.
LaineY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2009, 04:43   #22
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

I didn't receive the letter about the offer until 8th Dec. I called up about the offer the next day but was billed(18th dec) for a partial month and a full month of L broadband. I called CS and they said it was a mistake and would be rectified with next months bill(due next week). I asked if it could be rectified this month, as surely the point of advance notice of the bill prior to the direct debit being applied is to sort out these kind of problems. It was confirmed that this could be done, but I decided to leave it till the next month.

I canceled the free upgrade on the 6th Jan, which is within the 30 days specified in the letter.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2009, 08:37   #23
Albie
Inactive

Albie is on a distinguished roadAlbie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaineY View Post
... Ok...

That promotion ... or should i start with..

It is your own responsibility to downgrade to the service you were originally on before the trial / promotion runs out there for you get billed as normal till you do so.

If you were incorrectly charged then the promotion was not put on correctly if thats the case because obviostly it wasnt what was aggree'd

---
---

as for what you were advised..... it can so be done, you normally get your prorate back if you have been charged partials..

If you took out the Broadband on the 15th of Dec... i was led to believe that it was A MONTH.. not from the DATE you take it out till the DATE of the following month..

in short.. what im trying to say is .. Im certain it was from the 1st of Dec to the 31st Dec.

Feel free to correct me if im wrong guys i dont know everything...
but im sure someone from customer care can verify this for us.

You're on this thread http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12...ce-page-2.html talking about how you've been paying full price for 20MB. Of all the VM shills I've seen on here you are the worst one ever.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote