Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 17-11-2016, 20:45   #1231
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Richard, Can I ask what you mean by 'stream like the Sky Q box'?
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-11-2016, 20:48   #1232
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Richard, Can I ask what you mean by 'stream like the Sky Q box'?
AIUI, you can stream your recordings and VOD to your tablet or smartphone from the main Sky Q box.

After I asked the question, he did say that when this is activated, "you'll be able to stream anywhere in the house".
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2016, 21:03   #1233
Jong1
Inactive

Jong1 will become famous soon enoughJong1 will become famous soon enoughJong1 will become famous soon enough

Yes, with Sky Q you can stream recordings or live TV to up to 2 mini boxes and 2 tablets at the same time, with no impact on recordings.
Jong1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2016, 21:07   #1234
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
AIUI, you can stream your recordings and VOD to your tablet or smartphone from the main Sky Q box.

After I asked the question, he did say that when this is activated, "you'll be able to stream anywhere in the house".
You can already stream recordings and On Demand from V6 to the iOS version of the TV Anywhere app. I have done so to my iPad Mini.
What is missing is an updated version of the Android TV Anywhere app with this function, I think.
Old 17-11-2016, 22:37   #1235
pythagoras
cf.addict

pythagoras has reached the bronze age
pythagoras has reached the bronze age

5000 have gone to new customers, as of yesterday that is.
pythagoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2016, 22:38   #1236
Andy C
cf.addict

Services: V6 Virgin 360, Volt Gig1 BB,
Andy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really nice

Quote:
Do you know why they can't just input the Mac code that I gave to them (whatever that is!) to get it to work?
I guess they mean the MAC address which will identify your box on the network as every box has different address. All networked devices such as phones, computers, tablets etc. have a unique MAC address.
Andy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2016, 23:06   #1237
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
You can already stream recordings and On Demand from V6 to the iOS version of the TV Anywhere app. I have done so to my iPad Mini.
What is missing is an updated version of the Android TV Anywhere app with this function, I think.
Ahhh right. He seemed to think that it hadn't been enabled at all yet.

My tablets are Android (not that the engineer who called me knew this) so I guess it won't work anyway. TV Anywhere certainly doesn't

---------- Post added at 23:06 ---------- Previous post was at 23:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong1 View Post
Yes, with Sky Q you can stream recordings or live TV to up to 2 mini boxes and 2 tablets at the same time, with no impact on recordings.
Can you stream VOD? Maybe they don't think this to be necessary as you could do this with your tablet anyway.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2016, 00:42   #1238
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythagoras View Post
5000 have gone to new customers, as of yesterday that is.
Source?
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2016, 00:51   #1239
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Did any channels not stream recordings
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2016, 05:50   #1240
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Did any channels not stream recordings
It's not a function I would actually use, preferring to use TiVo/V6 to record programs to watch on our TV but I believe there are restrictions in channels and/or programs. As to the current list of restrictions - pass.
Old 18-11-2016, 07:04   #1241
cj136uk
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media, TiVo/XL TV, XXL Internet, M Phone.
cj136uk will become famous soon enoughcj136uk will become famous soon enoughcj136uk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
It's not a function I would actually use, preferring to use TiVo/V6 to record programs to watch on our TV but I believe there are restrictions in channels and/or programs. As to the current list of restrictions - pass.
The page with MRS restrictions has gone. Could it be there are none now?
cj136uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2016, 08:16   #1242
Jong1
Inactive

Jong1 will become famous soon enoughJong1 will become famous soon enoughJong1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Can you stream VOD? Maybe they don't think this to be necessary as you could do this with your tablet anyway.
I think it streams them direct, without going through the Sky Q box.

The app on the iPad/iPhone looks exactly like the interface on the main box. There are options to download a show to the main box or to the iPad/iPhone or to "watch online".

For VOD (not recordings, which you can only access when at home, or if you download to your iPad/iPhone while at home), the options are exactly the same whether connected to your home network or to 3G/4G, so I suspect the stream is direct to the tablet/phone.

Last edited by Jong1; 18-11-2016 at 08:22.
Jong1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2016, 08:17   #1243
Pster72
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Tivo VIP Package (Including Sky sports and Movies)
Pster72 is a jewel in the roughPster72 is a jewel in the roughPster72 is a jewel in the roughPster72 is a jewel in the roughPster72 is a jewel in the rough

What are they going to do are the replacing the old TiVos or do you have to buy one or will there be discounts
Pster72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2016, 09:40   #1244
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

The commercial details for V6 haven't been announced yet.
Old 18-11-2016, 09:40   #1245
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pster72 View Post
What are they going to do are the replacing the old TiVos or do you have to buy one or will there be discounts
No announcements have been made yet, Pster.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote