Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 16-08-2016, 16:51   #331
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENSE View Post
I remember this last time and heard nothing
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-08-2016, 16:56   #332
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENSE View Post
Good find, thank you. I note that page is plugging Netflix and YouTube 4K content.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2016, 17:03   #333
SENSE
bc0041

SENSE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Good find, thank you. I note that page is plugging Netflix and YouTube 4K content.
Let's hope they'll have more to come.
SENSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2016, 17:36   #334
snips1982
Inactive

snips1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

"Our new V6 box lets you access Netflix (if you're subscribed) and YouTube in mesmerisingly clear 4K Ultra HD*"

Anyone think this wording is a bit strange? My 4k smart tv can do the same (as would most), so what's the point? I am guessing that it will be released with no other 4k content available!
Lets hope that they can put bt's UHD channel on there. If not, off to sky Q silver I go.
snips1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2016, 18:23   #335
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by snips1982 View Post
"Our new V6 box lets you access Netflix (if you're subscribed) and YouTube in mesmerisingly clear 4K Ultra HD*"

Anyone think this wording is a bit strange? My 4k smart tv can do the same (as would most), so what's the point? I am guessing that it will be released with no other 4k content available!
Lets hope that they can put bt's UHD channel on there. If not, off to sky Q silver I go.
It would be a bad launch if the only 4K is netflix and you need to pay £8.99 a month for 4K, YouTube and one sports channel that would be bad
Old 16-08-2016, 18:25   #336
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by snips1982 View Post

It's early days yet and I suspect that wording may change over the next few months.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2016, 18:35   #337
blue666666
Inactive

Services: XL tv bb 200 mb tivo 500gb box
blue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to all

sure virgin will tell us what package they will offer closer too the release date.
blue666666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 22:06   #338
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue666666 View Post
sure virgin will tell us what package they will offer closer too the release date.
Any new TiVo V6 info
Old 21-08-2016, 23:24   #339
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Any new TiVo V6 info
How many times do you need to be told? If there was any "info" as you put it, then we would know as soon as it was available, talk about having no patience!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 00:25   #340
TMLeafs
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Oomph Plus Extra Tivo (Three Total)
TMLeafs is on a distinguished roadTMLeafs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Perhaps Virgin haven`t announced the prices yet for their new boxes because they`re still testing the water to see how much they can get away with charging customers? As previous posters have said whatever the price is when it`s first launched it`s sure to come down within a few months just like the tivo box did. The key for me is don`t rush in to get it at launch because the fewer uptakes at the start will force down the price much quicker and perhaps lower.
When the Tivo first was available I paid £99 pounds to get it asap i remember a few weeks 2 months tops later I got my money back (as take up was terrible) and removed the fee and said it was unfair for me to pay for the box.
LG OLED55BX6LB, Onkyo TX-NR656 AVR, Cambridge Audio S70 L & R, Cambridge Audio SX-70 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 22 RR RL, PSB Imagine XA Atmos, S90 Subwoofer, PS3, PS4, Tivo V6, Nvidia Shield (2017), Apple TV & Logitech Harmony Companion
TMLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 00:42   #341
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
How many times do you need to be told? If there was any "info" as you put it, then we would know as soon as it was available, talk about having no patience!
Excuse me " how many times do I need to be told" I don't know where you get off talking to me like that, oh sorry bullies do
Old 22-08-2016, 01:35   #342
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Excuse me " how many times do I need to be told" I don't know where you get off talking to me like that, oh sorry bullies do
Don't believe he's bullying you just pointing out that if there was any new information we would be told about it.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 06:29   #343
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Any new TiVo V6 info
In due time when Virgin are ready we will all be told.
Old 22-08-2016, 09:57   #344
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Right now the TV guide for All BBC channels, all itv channels, all channel 4 channels, channel 5, watch Dave magic and some but sport channels have no listings past Friday anybody else

I have now been told it's a network issue and is being worked on

---------- Post added at 09:57 ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Don't believe he's bullying you just pointing out that if there was any new information we would be told about it.
But there is a way to speak to somebody, while getting your point across

Last edited by Ddonald2016; 22-08-2016 at 09:55.
Old 22-08-2016, 11:56   #345
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

OK how about we ALL apply some patience and tact?